Photo
- - - - -

Memantine side effects

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sk257

• 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

I am taking Memantine 30mg a day to reduce tolerance.
I feel dizzy a bit and spaced out!
Is this normal? how long would it take for it to go away?

Thanks

Edited by sk257, 30 January 2011 - 04:47 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thanks

I believe your dose is way too high. What are you trying to reduce tolerance to?

I used to take 5mg just for the relaxing feeling it gives me. One dose takes about 4 days to completely eliminate from your system, so it might be a good idea to dose every 4 days. Currently I quit taking it because I need to be really focused rather than relaxed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

I don't doubt it; 30mg is a high dose to be starting with. I'd suggest doing a little more reading here and on Mind & Muscle.

#4 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:16 AM

I don't doubt it; 30mg is a high dose to be starting with. I'd suggest doing a little more reading here and on Mind & Muscle.

How's Medievil doing, because I haven't had the courage to bear the agony of reading his self-experimentation log. But nonetheless, I do care for the guy.

#5 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

How's Medievil doing, because I haven't had the courage to bear the agony of reading his self-experimentation log. But nonetheless, I do care for the guy.

Given my own experimentation, I suppose my comments were hypocritically insensitive. But I still wish the guy the best, and will probably check up on him at Mind and Muscle.

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

LMAO :laugh:

I'm doing good, was on 60mg memantine for several weeks wich worked solid untill i ran out due to financial reasons, may return to memantine soon, not sure yet, allways worked good for me :cool:

#7 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Given my own experimentation, I suppose my comments were hypocritically insensitive. But I still wish the guy the best, and will probably check up on him at Mind and Muscle.

Dont worry about it man, as i did end up causing damage i think!, probably by inhibiting my immume system too much so i seem to have gotten a fungal infection :|o i started getting extreme exhaustion and started abusing amp wich didnt help! quite the opposite lol, but turns out a course of flucanozole rapidly made me feel like myself again! now gotta be more carefull combining too much stuff, but thats the risk of the job i gues haha.

Hows everyone doing here?

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

Tbh i miss the extra clarity and feeling of wellbeing on memmantine :sad: , want to get back on 60mg a day, worked excellent :cool:

#9 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

Dont worry about it man, as i did end up causing damage i think!, probably by inhibiting my immume system too much so i seem to have gotten a fungal infection :|o i started getting extreme exhaustion and started abusing amp wich didnt help! quite the opposite lol, but turns out a course of flucanozole rapidly made me feel like myself again! now gotta be more carefull combining too much stuff, but thats the risk of the job i gues haha.

Hows everyone doing here?

Since you took your brief vacation from this forum, life has been grand. Indeed, for the last five months, I've been taking immense joy from my work, my personal life, and my ancillary interests. But it's nice to hear that you're also feeling better as of late, and it's intriguing that you've responded so well to a course of Fluconazole. Interestingly, a friend that was suffering from chronic dandruff---which is thought to be fungal related---attributes a remarkable attenuation of her symptoms to the usage of Vimmortal. Which makes me suspect that even a slight imbalance of nutrients could lead to health consequences of varying degrees, and that perhaps we should be taking more of a minimalist approach in our supplementation. As for the Memantine, if you're adamant about re-starting usage, I'd counsel caution, and slow titration----because your dosage of 60 mg was quite at odds with standard guidelines.

#10 riloal

• 91 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hi, i,m on week seven on memantine. I,m on 12.5 mg AM and 7.5 mg PM. I,m doing fine i have some bad days but more good ones. Today i went to the hairdresser and notice that my hair thinned a lot since the last time i went to cut my hair. Anyone noticed this posible side effect with memantine? Perhaps i,m a little paranoid or anyone had this side effect? Thanks

#11 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Don’t worry about it man, as I did end up causing damage I think!, probably by inhibiting my immune system too much so I seem to have gotten a fungal infection

Interestingly, a friend that was suffering from chronic dandruff---which is thought to be fungal related---attributes a remarkable attenuation of her symptoms to the usage of Vimmortal. Which makes me suspect that even a slight imbalance of nutrients could lead to health consequences of varying degrees, and that perhaps we should be taking more of a minimalist approach in our supplementation.

Aromatherapy abuse gave me candidiasis. (Great way to create nutritional imbalances- evolution designed us to consume whole plants, not highly concentrated extracts!)

#12 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

i think 30mg might be a bit excessive. IIRC, the dose typically prescribed is 20mg, and that's for people with alzheimers!

#13 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

just got 20 (10mg) pills of memantine. I then asked myself, "why did i buy this" as i happend to be a spendaholic on nootropics. I get a weird impulse and then just spend spend spend. Anyways it seems its a drug that has some potential for alzeimers appearantly. Let's see how it feels.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:51 PM

Thanks

How did Memantine end up working for tolerance? What drug was it for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users