Photo
- - - - -

Aniracetam side effects

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Darkat

• 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I do recollect reading that aniracetam had been withdrawn from the Japanese market due to a negative animal study.

Does this have any relation to nefiracetam and it's breakdown metabolites in dogs? Both aniracetam and nefiracetam are similar in structure.

It would be interesting to see more details of this Japanese study - I can't seem to find much on the net. With nefiracetam it would seem that the metabolite M18 predominates in dogs and this causes the toxicity symptoms. General consensus is that it is ok in humans at less than 30mg/kg along with taking regular breaks from using it.

Has anyone seen similar studies for aniracetam?

#32 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've never been able to find that study or ever seen a link or excerpt posted anywjere

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

You may want to add a gaba antagonist along with your aniracetam if you don't want long term anxiety. http://www.neurobrai...k-for-some.html
My post also says you may want an adrenal support supplment.

#34 Darkat

• 25 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I was under the impression that GABA antagonists can cause seizures?

Supporting the adrenals is always a good idea - many adaptogenic herbs can be useful for this, along with pregnenolone and dhea.

Edited by Darkat, 16 December 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#35 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

They can but only in dangerous doses or if you are prone to them. Bacopa prevents seizures through unknown mechanisms so combine that with a gaba antagonist.

#36 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Alright so this is my third time using this and I notice a subtle but significant improvement in my processing abilities. My thoughts flow much more smoothly and I don't suddenly go off in a tangent because I lost track of my thoughts. I took ALCAR this time and I'm sure it offsetted the lethargy that the Aniracetam was causing.

I'm Dxed Bipolar II for anyone with mood disorders concerned. Thankfully I have not experienced any hypomania as of yet, although I do notice a mild elevation in mood. I'll continue testing and report back.

#37 jumbobrown

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

I'm reading people say too much Choline will increase depression and someone else says they stay low and only take 100mg a day. If 1 Large Egg has 126 mg then you're saying eating 3 eggs a day, even boiled will possibly increase depression?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#38 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

I'm reading people say too much Choline will increase depression and someone else says they stay low and only take 100mg a day. If 1 Large Egg has 126 mg then you're saying eating 3 eggs a day, even boiled will possibly increase depression?

Not likely that 3 eggs a day will cause depression. It will vary depending on the individual and their diet.

Choline is an essential nutrient so you need it from your diet; rather it is excess choline that is a problem.

I think its hard to have excess choline from diet but supplementing large amounts with it would be a concern.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users