Genemod Boosts Slow-Twitch Muscles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 manofsan

• 1,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:29 PM

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.sciam.com...CD083414B7F0000

So even if you have more slow-twitch muscles consuming more fat, then does this affect Caloric Intake Restriction in regards to lifespan?

Will more slow-twitch fibers allow you to take in more calories with less adverse effect on longevity?

If muscle fibers can keep multiplying even during old age (even old people can increase their muscle mass) then does that mean they have different/longer telomeres, that don't run down as quickly?

• Lurker

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:08 PM

If an individual is sedentary then this would probably raise the activity level of that person to near normal levels, or so I would think? This probably lowers the bar for over-exerting one's self though.

I must thank you linking to the sciam site, I just found out that Scientific American is starting a second magazine Scientific American MIND. I imagine this magazine will have a good deal with news about neurology, psychology, technological and/or surgical augmentation of the brain, news about treatments for mental disorders and/or illnesses, and perhaps various philosophies of the mind and how they fit with our current understanding of the brain (where testable).

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users