7 replies to this topic

#1 nootropic

• 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

I hope everyone has a happy Christmas

#2 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:24 AM

The same to you, Nootropic, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Yes or no, you are not Nootropi, you are a distinctly different pesonality. But some people might be misled for not attending to the last letter in your name, a 'c', and think that you are Nootropi, whom some people here love to hate; and I invited him to tell me in that thread in Free Speech to tell me what's wrong with him according to himself or why people love to hate him.

Okay, everyone all anger and hating put aside for this season of peace and good will.

Nootropic, you use the greeting 'Merry Christmas', which seems to indicate that you are at least a Christian theist, though not necessarily Catholic. However, it is a good indication that Protestants for all their animosity toward Catholicism, still do not lapse into silliness as to avoid using that greeting coming I imagine even before long ago the rise of Protestantism and its exclusion, rejection of the Mass.

I am however a postgraduate Catholic, post as in past and graduate as in having marched out fom Catholicism -- think commencement exercises during graduation as a marching out from one's previous safe and but constraining cradle.

Can't say the same thing about atheists and agnostics of which I arrogate to myself the distinction of being an honorary member -- this being a free country and anyone can adopt any aggrupation he fancies and on his own justification.

You see, I read somewhere that the greeting 'Happy Holidays' came into usage to accommodate the scruples of atheists and agnostics and infidels and secularists, whatever. Now that is a good study in risible consistency.

Susma

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:31 AM

Merry christmas to all

and for some humor

From dave Barry:

"In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukka' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukka!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wal!'" Dave Barry

#4 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:46 PM

...in the old days it wasn't "Christmas" at all. In the old days it was a Winter Solstice Celebration... The "atheists and agnostics and infidels and secularists, whatever" are just stealin' it back from the Christians who hi-jacked it from the Pagans.

;)

• Lurker

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:26 PM

At any rate, Happy Holidays. ;)

#6 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:55 PM

happy Kwanzaa everyone!

#7 zg00

• 82 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 09:20 PM

Happy Holiday.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 10:06 PM

Happy Saturday. See you at work tomorrow. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users