Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

FYI... nefiracetam volumetric measurement

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

I know there aren't many people taking nefiracetam but I couldn't find any teaspoon/weight ratios online. So here you go for general reference

1/4 teaspoon = 606mg

1/8 teaspoon = ~300mg

I started with 1/4 teaspoon but found the effects a bit too much. I'm currently using 1/8 teaspoon 3x daily. Just 2 days into it but will update as I go along.

NOTE: I understand there is a lot of data about testicular/bladder/kidney toxicity with this substance. Those reactions were at pretty extreme doses. Human trials have been done at 900mg per day with side effects comparable to placebo. For me this dose is a little over 10mg/kg.

#2 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

Mind reporting the effect you received? This is the most expensive nootropic I know of that's available to order in my country, pound for pound.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

I have little or no reaction with piracetam, which was disappointing since aniracetam and oxiracetam had such a strong effect. But with the two latter substances I had quite a manic reaction, which I suppose is not too uncommon with them. For me that manic reaction led to more impulsive behavior and had a lessening effect on my wise decision making ability... to say the least ;) I have ADD and although ani and oxi did have a positive effect on my concentration the euphoric mania was something that made the benefit of concentration negligible.

With nefiracetam I feel very calm and so far am able to concentrate very well. It seems to bring me into the present moment and allows me to concentrate on what I want to... hmm... maybe a good description would be that it allows me to choose the things I want to focus on rather than being driven by my whimsical curiosity.

A side note is that I've had a lessened desire to smoke cigarettes. It's almost like I forget to smoke. That may be related to the cAMP-related activity per this study where nefiracetam was able to stop self administration of methamphetamine and morphine in rats.

This early on (3 days into it) it's hard to discern the effects of the chemical from placebo. But I'll update more as I go along. When I said that 1/4 teaspoon was too much I meant that it caused a headache and a slight change in color perception (very mild increased intensity of color). Today will be my first day with 3 divided doses of 300mg. I have 50 grams so I should be able to report for over a month before I have to decide if I want to buy more or not.

#4 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

You should definately get a digital scale :)
Were you the one who asked for a picture of a teaspoon Piracetam?
you can get a scale @ ebay for a few bucks from China.

#5 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

You should definitely get a digital scale :)
Were you the one who asked for a picture of a teaspoon Piracetam?
you can get a scale @ ebay for a few bucks from China.

Piracetam? No, that wasn't me. Piracetam is safe enough that I don't worry too much about the dosage. But I finally decided to wisen up and order a scale. Should be here within a couple of days :) I think I was putting it off to avoid having all the drug dealer paraphernalia but decided it already looks bad enough with a bunch of containers of bulk powder on my desk, so I may as well go all the way ;)

#6 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

I have little or no reaction with piracetam, which was disappointing since aniracetam and oxiracetam had such a strong effect. But with the two latter substances I had quite a manic reaction, which I suppose is not too uncommon with them. For me that manic reaction led to more impulsive behavior and had a lessening effect on my wise decision making ability... to say the least ;) I have ADD and although ani and oxi did have a positive effect on my concentration the euphoric mania was something that made the benefit of concentration negligible.

With nefiracetam I feel very calm and so far am able to concentrate very well. It seems to bring me into the present moment and allows me to concentrate on what I want to... hmm... maybe a good description would be that it allows me to choose the things I want to focus on rather than being driven by my whimsical curiosity.

A side note is that I've had a lessened desire to smoke cigarettes. It's almost like I forget to smoke. That may be related to the cAMP-related activity per this study where nefiracetam was able to stop self administration of methamphetamine and morphine in rats.

This early on (3 days into it) it's hard to discern the effects of the chemical from placebo. But I'll update more as I go along. When I said that 1/4 teaspoon was too much I meant that it caused a headache and a slight change in color perception (very mild increased intensity of color). Today will be my first day with 3 divided doses of 300mg. I have 50 grams so I should be able to report for over a month before I have to decide if I want to buy more or not.

Those are fascinating results. Will keep tabs on the substance.

#7 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

same, except it bothers my body a lot(excessive peeing, bladder discomfort, feels toxic physically for me) even @ doses as low as 100mg. I really liked it too, great effect. similar to aniracetam but more of a crisp pure focus/headspace rather than a warm/comforting one, if you follow. too bad I can't take it :wacko:

Edited by golden1, 31 May 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#8 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

same, except it bothers my body a lot(excessive peeing, bladder discomfort, feels toxic physically for me) even @ doses as low as 100mg. I really liked it too, great effect. similar to aniracetam but more of a crisp pure focus/headspace rather than a warm/comforting one, if you follow. too bad I can't take it :wacko:

Golden1... how long did it take for those side effects to manifest? Did they develop over time or was it immediate? Just wondering, thanks

#9 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

Watch out for your nuts. This study is the reason nobody is taking nefiracetam.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15082078
Abstract

To investigate mechanisms of the testicular toxicity of nefiracetam and to find sensitive parameters to predict the toxicity, male beagle dogs were orally administered 180 or 300 mg/kg per day of the drug once and for 1 and 4 weeks. Time-course changes in serum and/or testicular hormone levels and semen parameters, and testicular morphology were examined. The testicular testosterone level was decreased 4 h after single administration of nefiracetam at 300 mg/kg per day, but the progesterone level showed no change at that time. The serum testosterone level was decreased after single, 1-week or 2-week treatment. In contrast, the serum estradiol level was increased from 1- to 4-week treatment. No changes in serum LH, FSH and inhibin B levels were observed throughout the experimental period. Decreased sperm motility and increased number of malformed sperms were first observed in semen after 4-week treatment. Histopathological examination of the testis revealed moderate and severe seminiferous atrophy with multinucleated giant cell formation at 180 and 300 mg/kg per day, respectively, after 4-week treatment, but not 1-week treatment. These results show that nefiracetam decreases testicular testosterone level in dogs following single oral administration of a high dose, and induces severe morphologic changes after 4-week treatment. This reduction is shown to be a sensitive parameter to detect the toxicity, and is suggested to be induced by the impaired conversion of progesterone to testosterone in Leydig cells.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 31 May 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#10 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15082078
Abstract

To investigate.......decreases testicular testosterone level in dogs following single oral administration of a high dose, and induces severe morphologic changes after 4-week treatment. This reduction is shown to be a sensitive parameter to detect the toxicity, and is suggested to be induced by the impaired conversion of progesterone to testosterone in Leydig cells.

I'm well aware of that study as I stated in the original post... does that mean it doesn't worry me still? NO! Honestly I worry about it. But Neuren Pharmaceuticals has got a patent in Australia as of Jan 2010 for the treatment of post stroke apathy. Is it comforting that the only approved use is in elderly patients who wouldn't complain or be tested for reproductive side effects? NO! LOL!!!

But like I said, my dose is right around 10mg/kg (compared to 180-300mg/kg in the dog study) and I'm going to lower it tomorrow because I have a feeling I'll get the same benefit from 150mg 3x daily. I'll let you know if my balls fall off ;)
  • like x 1

#11 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

This POST has basically all toxicity information contained in it. Thanks to chrono for compiling all the research :)

#12 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15082078
Abstract

To investigate mechanisms of the testicular toxicity of nefiracetam and to find sensitive parameters to predict the toxicity, male beagle dogs were orally administered 180 or 300 mg/kg per day of the drug once and for 1 and 4 weeks. Time-course changes in serum and/or testicular hormone levels and semen parameters, and testicular morphology were examined. The testicular testosterone level was decreased 4 h after single administration of nefiracetam at 300 mg/kg per day, but the progesterone level showed no change at that time. The serum testosterone level was decreased after single, 1-week or 2-week treatment. In contrast, the serum estradiol level was increased from 1- to 4-week treatment. No changes in serum LH, FSH and inhibin B levels were observed throughout the experimental period. Decreased sperm motility and increased number of malformed sperms were first observed in semen after 4-week treatment. Histopathological examination of the testis revealed moderate and severe seminiferous atrophy with multinucleated giant cell formation at 180 and 300 mg/kg per day, respectively, after 4-week treatment, but not 1-week treatment. These results show that nefiracetam decreases testicular testosterone level in dogs following single oral administration of a high dose, and induces severe morphologic changes after 4-week treatment. This reduction is shown to be a sensitive parameter to detect the toxicity, and is suggested to be induced by the impaired conversion of progesterone to testosterone in Leydig cells.

If one were to still decide to take nefiracetam I would personally suggest taking eurycoma longifolia extract as it increases free testosterone (no side effects - do the research but finding a quality source can be a bit difficult) and improves sperm count. Not to mention it has a lot of other benefits worth nothing. The best known source is from Sumatra Indonesia. Dragon Herbs sells a 1:50 extract but it's expensive. I purchase the 1:200 extract instead from a health clinic in California (forresthealth.com) which offers a great rate on the herb as opposed to buying it elsewhere. Again, lots of products claim to contain the herb and refer to it as Longjack or EJ100. Stay clear. By the way the increased testosterone has a definite effect on the mind. It improves mood and increases confidence. The only side effect I could ever mention would be hotheadedness at high dosages. Take as the label suggests and you'll be fine.

#13 Austin Diablo

• 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hotheadedness & random boners - lol! Another great testosterone booster with many other great benefits is Velvet Antler. I actually use the Swanson brand - it has 60 capsules for about $20 - I generally take 2 a day. I'm 41 & still have to look away from a really nice ass on occasion unless I want to hide behind something or can sit down - lol!

#14 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Another great testosterone booster with many other great benefits is Velvet Antler. I actually use the Swanson brand - it has 60 capsules for about $20 - I generally take 2 a day. I'm 41 & still have to look away from a really nice ass on occasion unless I want to hide behind something or can sit down - lol!

Reminds me of my theanine expierences. I take 200mg + some nicotinamide(niacinamide) to fall asleep easier.
When taking 400mg theanine during the day, nothing seems to satisfy my sexual urges. It's an insanely potent libido booster, haha.
Something along the lines of "Beast mode - ON" :-D .

Velvet Antler, huh.. 20.99$ for 30 doses seems a little high. I'd like to try it out sometimes, though. Natural libido boosters are fun.

#15 Austin Diablo

• 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Well you still get effect with one a day...I just take two cause I'm old - lol! I also drink a pot of coffee every day to get going!

#16 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

If one were to still decide to take nefiracetam I would personally suggest taking eurycoma longifolia extract as it increases free testosterone (no side effects - do the research but finding a quality source can be a bit difficult) and improves sperm count. Not to mention it has a lot of other benefits worth nothing. The best known source is from Sumatra Indonesia. Dragon Herbs sells a 1:50 extract but it's expensive. I purchase the 1:200 extract instead from a health clinic in California (forresthealth.com) which offers a great rate on the herb as opposed to buying it elsewhere. Again, lots of products claim to contain the herb and refer to it as Longjack or EJ100. Stay clear. By the way the increased testosterone has a definite effect on the mind. It improves mood and increases confidence. The only side effect I could ever mention would be hotheadedness at high dosages. Take as the label suggests and you'll be fine.

Thanks so much JChief,

Looked around for that tongat for a while now. Looks like that's the best source. I'll be ordering some to try out with my work-out regimen in a couple weeks.

#17 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

My dose is right around 10mg/kg (compared to 180-300mg/kg in the dog study) and I'm going to lower it tomorrow because I have a feeling I'll get the same benefit from 150mg 3x daily. I'll let you know if my balls fall off

manic_racetam, thanks for all the really interesting feedback you’ve posted in this thread! Brilliant! :-D

FYI – I’ve just ordered some NEFIRACETAM, but intend to restrict my dosage to the 1.6mg/kg total daily indicated by chrono’s toxicity findings.

I’m more worried about the long-term potentially damaging effects on organs as opposed to the testosterone effect which as several people have quite rightly pointed out, can be corrected by taking Eurycoma Longifolia.

My intention is to stack the NEFIRACETAM with other racetams as part of a nootropic cocktail, thereby allowing for the low 1.6mg/kg to be of use, where by itself it probably would not be a sufficient enough amount to yield decent therapeutic efficacy.

Out of interest are you taking this NEFIRACETAM by itself or stacked with other racetams? :)

#18 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

My dose is right around 10mg/kg (compared to 180-300mg/kg in the dog study) and I'm going to lower it tomorrow because I have a feeling I'll get the same benefit from 150mg 3x daily. I'll let you know if my balls fall off

manic_racetam, thanks for the really interesting feedback you’ve posted in this thread! :-D

FYI – I’ve just ordered some NEFIRACETAM, but intend to restrict my dosage to the 1.6mg/kg total daily indicated by chrono’s toxicity findings. I’m more worried about the long-term potentially damaging effects on organs as opposed to the testosterone effect which as several people have quite rightly pointed out, can be corrected by taking Eurycoma Longifolia. My intention is to stack the NEFIRACETAM with other racetams as part of a nootropic cocktail, thereby allowing for the low 1.6mg/kg to be of use, where by itself it probably would not be a sufficient enough amount to yield decent therapeutic efficacy.

Out of interest are you taking this NEFIRACETAM by itself or stacked with other racetams? :)

#19 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Nefiracetam is a very potent substance. It's characteristic is totally unique in comparison to other racetams. I was taking it as a stand-alone nootropic at the time. Even at 1.6mg/kg (human dose) you should be able to tell the difference. I only use it occasionally now but when I do it's usually at 150mgs just once per day.

It seems to stabilize the mood really effectively and I actually think it might be a useful tool to reduce the mania associated with high doses of other racetams, while allowing the cognitive effects to still shine through. However, that is an experiment too risky for me to personally want to try (due to my very impulsive behavior while taking aniracetam and oxiracetam together) but I could imagine a stack that might be quite interesting if you need any ideas.

#20 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

I took 150mg nefiracetam + 2500mg pramiracetam + 600mg Alpha GPC morning and before sleep for two weeks. I think that the nefi alleviated the prami side effects a bit, which resulted in an overall more stable mood, and maybe potentiated a bit too. I believe this is the most potent nootropic combo I have tried thus far. Rather heavy at first (brain seemed a bit stressed), but right now I feel like it upped my brain capabilities just a bit. I don't think it would be wise to supplement nefi for very long either way, though. I think it's perfect for short-term supplementation when you need it.
  • like x 1

#21 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nefiracetam is a very potent substance. It's characteristic is totally unique in comparison to other racetams. I was taking it as a stand-alone nootropic at the time. Even at 1.6mg/kg (human dose) you should be able to tell the difference. I only use it occasionally now but when I do it's usually at 150mgs just once per day.

It seems to stabilize the mood really effectively and I actually think it might be a useful tool to reduce the mania associated with high doses of other racetams, while allowing the cognitive effects to still shine through. However, that is an experiment too risky for me to personally want to try (due to my very impulsive behavior while taking aniracetam and oxiracetam together) but I could imagine a stack that might be quite interesting if you need any ideas.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll give the NEFIRACETAM a go at 150mg dosage, incorporating it into my current stack. Sounds like it could be a very useful addition! :)

UPDATE:

Having looked into NEFIRACETAM I have discovered that aside from the possible TESTICULAR TOXICITY concerns, there is in fact another reason to avoid prolonged usage of NEFIRACETAM for the medium to long-term... see THIS thread for details: NEFIRACETAM - Another reason to avoid prolonged usage :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 21 February 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#22 Mush Man

• 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

Hi guys,I know this is an old thread but Nefiracetam has just recently kicked off here in Aus via ebay Vendors and such.

My so far limited understanding is that one of the mechanisms of action is on the GABA receptors,so I will report when I trial some to let you know if it has an Antogonistic or Agonistic action there(withdrawing from Benzo's). It would explain a lot of the numbing,calming effects if so but obviously there's more to it than that.

Is it an Isoquinoline? ...these have the ability to enter cells and exhibit their effects directly on the cell moreso than receptor sites.

Good call on the Longjack too,it certainly puts lead in your pencil! ...add some Butch T Trinidad Scorpion Chilli and the hairs on your arms stand on end and tingle ;)
Actually,has anyone spoken about Chilli's and their effect on euphoria/pain relief via Dopamine and also for increasing Logevity? (I need to do some serious searching around here!)

The name Nefiracetam immediately reminded me of Nelumbo nucifera,one of the 2 Sacred "Lilly's" because of Nefertiti though She was more associated with the Blue Lotus which is actually a Lilly and not Botanically a Lotus. Both have quite potent effects if you know your source,how to prepare and ingest.

Edited by Mush Man, 29 March 2014 - 05:02 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

Any recent experience with this? Seems to hold a lot of good properties.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/26963248/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users