Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Bone Marrow Stem Cell treatments

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

I'm surprised no one is discussing this and I have had trouble locating information on these treatments online. It's strange considering a few days ago there was a news segment in regards to using bone marrow stem cells to treat arthritis or other forms of pain in U.S. patients. According to the segment some bone marrow is extracted from the patient and then the stem cells are injected to the affected areas in the patients. So, far the doctors claim they have had good results as 90% of their patients have felt much better (no longer need surgery). The only problem is that medical insurance does not cover it and you'd have to pay between $1,200-$1,500 for the treatment.

Here's a link to the news segment, but it's in Spanish (most people here might not understand): http://noticias.univ...con-las-celulas

Why is it difficult to find this information on the American mainstream media (or have I not typed in the correct wording on google)?

Edited by Dmitri, 03 June 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#2 Alexandar Gomes

• 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

I'm surprised no one is discussing this and I have had trouble locating information on these treatments online. It's strange considering a few days ago there was a news segment in regards to using bone marrow stem cells to treat arthritis or other forms of pain in U.S. patients. According to the segment some bone marrow is extracted from the patient and then the stem cells are injected to the affected areas in the patients. So, far the doctors claim they have had good results as 90% of their patients have felt much better (no longer need surgery). The only problem is that medical insurance does not cover it and you'd have to pay between $1,200-$1,500 for the treatment.

Here's a link to the news segment, but it's in Spanish (most people here might not understand): http://noticias.univ...con-las-celulas

Why is it difficult to find this information on the American mainstream media (or have I not typed in the correct wording on google)?

There are many clinical trial agencies busy with their research regarding the stem cell research and treatment, but these are all in the trial period. Thank you for sharing the important information about the bone marrow stem cell treatment. Many techniques are being used to get to the root cause of the problem of the disease.

http://www.stemcellc...-india-2011.php

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

Google "Bartolo Colon". That's the name of a 37 year old Yankee pitcher who had a stem cell procedure (outside the US) and is now throwing 95 mph pitches after nine innings. This has caused quite a stir in the press. I'm not sure why America is so slow to move on things like this- I suppose our litigious society has something to do with it. Note that these are not embryonic stem cells, so the religious argument should be moot. Veterinarians have been doing autologous stem cell injections on dogs and horses for some while now as a way of treating osteoarthritis, apparently with great success. If I was a vet with a bad case of OA, I think I might have shot myself up by now, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a little of that. Michael Rose has a prescription for immortality: Eat a paleo diet and use autologous stem cell treatments to tide yourself over until better treatments are available. I have a few injuries that I'd like to fix; if I can't get an autologous procedure in America, I'll eventually take my money to Shanghai, Chennai, or wherever.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

You don't have to go to another country, Regenexx is offering these treatments and has been for at least 3 years now.

Niner, don't you think one of the reasons for us moving slow on these treatments is the traditional medical establisment, specifically orthopeadic surgeons, and their reliance on surgery to make money? Unfortunately, money and greed, both of which thrive in capitalism, are two major reasons why america does not move faster than other countries in providing new innovative medical treatment.

#5 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

I am also one of those that believes the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry want to put off treatments that will lessen the need for medication for as long as possible.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

You don't have to go to another country, Regenexx is offering these treatments and has been for at least 3 years now.

Niner, don't you think one of the reasons for us moving slow on these treatments is the traditional medical establisment, specifically orthopeadic surgeons, and their reliance on surgery to make money? Unfortunately, money and greed, both of which thrive in capitalism, are two major reasons why america does not move faster than other countries in providing new innovative medical treatment.

Thanks for the tip on Regenexx. I heard about them a while back, but had forgotten about it. I thought money and greed were exactly what was supposed to make new technologies get rolled out. If it's an improvement over what's already being done, someone who wants to make money will step up to compete.

I am also one of those that believes the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry want to put off treatments that will lessen the need for medication for as long as possible.

That's veering a little too far into conspiracy land for my tastes. The FDA wants to reduce the risk of medical disasters, and the American public seems to be pushing them in that direction, not away from it. The net result of this may be indistinguishable from conspiracy, at least from the outside, but that doesn't mean that's what's really happening. The pharmaceutical industry, or any industry for that matter, is a different story. Of course they want to protect their franchise from competition. When I look at how badly they get treated by the FDA, I find it hard to believe that they are running the place.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

That's veering a little too far into conspiracy land for my tastes. The FDA wants to reduce the risk of medical disasters, and the American public seems to be pushing them in that direction, not away from it. The net result of this may be indistinguishable from conspiracy, at least from the outside, but that doesn't mean that's what's really happening. The pharmaceutical industry, or any industry for that matter, is a different story. Of course they want to protect their franchise from competition. When I look at how badly they get treated by the FDA, I find it hard to believe that they are running the place.

It's definitely conspiracy theory. I understand how their actions could simply be a reaction to the general public. I just get frustrated when I hear about treatments being used in other countries with excellent safety records and the FDA appears to be no where close to approving them in the U.S.

#8 albedo

• 2,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

In case your have missed it, there is an article in the Life Extension Magazine (Jan 2011):

http://www.lef.org/m...d-by-FDA_01.htm

I would be very interested to know about people who were treated with or without success at Renegexx (or similarly elsewhere)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users