Photo
- - - - -

D-MPH... disappointment

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Neuronic

• 121 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

Well after 5 months on Adderall I decided to finally ask for Focalin instead. I was hoping for the best, "more effective than MPH with less side effects". The "less side effects" part is true, lol.
I am taking 10mg XR. I barely notice it within 30 min, 1 hour it's at it's peak and seems to be gone in only 2-4 hours.
Adderall 20mg XR on the other hand is a kick-in-the-pants feel in 30 min, in one hour it's at it's peak and it works for 10-12 hours it seems like.
I am prescribed these for narcolepsy, not ADD... which I also have pretty bad. It's better than no meds for sure, but pails in comparison to Adderall.

Kudos to those who respond well to it!

#2 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

Have you used Provigil before???

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Neuronic

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yes, we used to be best friends until it betrayed me by not working any longer. lol
After a few months off I've tried it again recently and it worked well, so I did lose most of my tolerance. However, I would prefer to keep it's use minimal as my memory went to hell when I last took it.
I believe the memory problem was due to modafinil interfering with sleep. I could recall waking up frequently, something I'm ignorant of most the time.

#4 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Yes, we used to be best friends until it betrayed me by not working any longer. lol
After a few months off I've tried it again recently and it worked well, so I did lose most of my tolerance. However, I would prefer to keep it's use minimal as my memory went to hell when I last took it.
I believe the memory problem was due to modafinil interfering with sleep. I could recall waking up frequently, something I'm ignorant of most the time.

Have you tried there updated version of Provigil, called Nuvigil and if so did you notice many differences outside of the strength?

#5 Neuronic

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Have you tried there updated version of Provigil, called Nuvigil and if so did you notice many differences outside of the strength?

That's what I first got started on actually. I got about 2 months worth free from samples and Nuvigil starter coupons. To make it short, insurance wouldn't pay at the time due to no sleep study and so I bought generic modafinil online. I saved a few Nuvigil pills and when modafinil stopped working I tried it and it didn't work either.

Overall it seems that Nuvigil had gave a bit more in terms of mood and motivation than Provigil. But not a lot.

#6 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

Are you sure you aren't mistaking the initial dopamine-rush euphoria of the drug for "duration of effects"? The benefits to concentration are usually stronger after the initial rush, which is quite distracting.

I don't know how much Adderall you were taking, but 10mg Focalin XR isn't that strong. If your dose is too low, the initial euphoric rush will be the only effect you get from the focalin. Take a higher dose, and the euphoric rush will wear off and leave you with a multi-hour period of powerful focus and productivity.

So I think you're just not taking enough.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Neuronic

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

Are you sure you aren't mistaking the initial dopamine-rush euphoria of the drug for "duration of effects"? The benefits to concentration are usually stronger after the initial rush, which is quite distracting.

I don't know how much Adderall you were taking, but 10mg Focalin XR isn't that strong. If your dose is too low, the initial euphoric rush will be the only effect you get from the focalin. Take a higher dose, and the euphoric rush will wear off and leave you with a multi-hour period of powerful focus and productivity.

So I think you're just not taking enough.

Good question, I was taking 20mg Foxalin XR. It just didn't have a good wakefulness effect on me I guess. When I am sleepy my attention span is very much worse. I start dreaming VERY fast and I think there is a link between that and my mind wandering problems when I am awake.
Anyways, I just started on Concerta 54mg and it works fairly well. Adderall has a unique effect on me that inspires me to learn new things though. I don't seem to get it from MPH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users