- - - - -

L tyrosine makes me nauseous and flax seed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sleepyaswespeak

• 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

I take L tyro with ritalin to avoid the comedown,
FIrst day it didnt make me nauseous, but after that I think I might have OD the second day which is when I felt nauseous.
But today just 500 mg and it still makes me nauseous a few days later

Should I give it some time to leave my system first? I guess im being impatient and im not giving it time to leave, Im 5'2 -105 lbs

Also is it ok to use flax seed as my omega 3

#2 nezxon

• 218 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

FIrst day it didnt make me nauseous, but after that I think I might have OD the second day which is when I felt nauseous.

Should I give it some time to leave my system first? I guess im being impatient and im not giving it time to leave, Im 5'2 -105 lbs

I haven't spent any time investigating L-Tyrosine, but as for flax seed, it is suggested we get at least 1000mg ALA from Flax Seed in addition to 300mg EPA/DHA (combined). Fish Oil is the primary source of EPA/DHA, but if you're a vegan the options are slimmer. Typically vegans replace Fish Oil with an algae-based DHA/EPA formula.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sleepyaswespeak

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Thanks
Not a vegan but, for some reason I had my dad buy me a huge bottle of flax, now I ve to use it , ill supp it with EPA DHA

#4 sleepyaswespeak

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Thanks
Not a vegan but, for some reason I had my dad buy me a huge bottle of flax, now I ve to use it , ill supp it with EPA DHA

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 aaron43

• 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

Woudn't take L-tyrosine for comedown of ritalin. Ritalin increases dopamine substantially, and the comedown is the dopamine coming back down to baseline dopamine levels after being exposed to the high levels of dopamine caused by Ritalin.

L-tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine, and raised dopamine levels up when taken. So actually taking L-tyrosine for a comedown off ritalin, could make sense to ease the come down, but usually in reality in just re-ups the ritalin.

When I take an ADD medicine, and I take tyrosine in the beginning, I get cracked out from through the roof dopamine. When I take tyrosine at the end of add medicine I feel terrible too.
-This is because Ritalin already puts a strain on mitochondrial energy output, and you probably aren't taking any mitochondrial anti-oxidants, and when you add the tyrosine at the end, its like you are re-reving your engine when you have already strained your fuel (mitochondrial energy). If you take another ADD dose or ritalin, you will feell fine again because it is a strong medicine that greatly synthetically increases dopamine levels so you wont even feel the strain on the mitochondria (ie. not feeling sick), but l-tyrosine is a pre-cursor and not as powerful, and a requires a few other bodily elements that may have been depleted from ritalin use to form new dopamine production..thus making you feel sick because you are trying to re-rev up an engine that has already been depleted by ritalin. Sorry for the long answer, Im studying for finals and just took adderall. I picture adderall/ritalin as most of your days energy packed into one pill, its like it makes you use all your energy in the time that it is administered.

+ ritalin shouldn't take days to get out of the system, iv seen it last a day and a half, but never multiple days. Id recommend cut the tyrosine when takin ritalin, except in the beginning if you are starting to get tolerant and want a quick solution then i'd recommend tyrosine. Just relax off the stimulants for a day or two, get a lot sleep, take your vitamins, anti-oxidants, lets your body reset and your brain charge, then try it again

++ can use a lot of other stuff for ritalin comedown, but would use relaxants such as kava kava among other if wanting to natural, or benzodiazapines if wanting to go the medical route.

Edited by aaron43, 10 June 2011 - 04:23 PM.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users