Photo
- - - - -

Interesting situation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 melcor

• 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:36 AM

Alright, so I began taking a noot regimen late last week and during the first day I took; 1.5g piracetam, 30mg vinpocetine, vit b complex, 1200mg fish oil, 500mg ALCAR, 100mg DMAE, and 200mg huperzine A. I took this in the morning (around 7 30) on an empty stomach and after about 2 hours I was feeling pretty good so I decided to take roughly 800mg of aniracetam with a glass of milk.

In about an hour I was definitely having a euphoric feeling (like head in the clouds feeling) and I was pretty confident it was from the piracetam and aniracetam mix so I decided to read over some anatomy and human physiology books and it felt like I was learning the material pretty fast (didnt take any tests though, so it could have just been me feeling better, who knows).

Anyways, the important thing was that I felt different (more focused and all that stuff) about 30min after taking the aniracetam (about 2 hours after taking everything else) and it was great. However, the next day and every day since I have done the exact same regimen waiting the same amount of time in between and I haven't felt anything even remotely close to that first day. I have tried upping the doses fairly high (4-5g piracetam and 1.5g aniracetam) without getting that same feeling on the first day.

So...I was wondering if this was usual for other people as well. The whole situation was actually very similar to if I take a 5 hour energy one day, I can notice the effects really well (and they are great, alot more focus and all that) and I get a very positive benefit but if I take another one within 1-2 weeks of the first, it feels more like just taking a caffeine pill and I dont get that really great focused feeling.

Anyone ever had a situation like this? It almost seems like my body is not used to the supplements but after taking them once, it has learned to not be effected by them anymore. It is really strange... The only thing I can think of is just to keep increasing the amounts until I get a noticeable effect and that is probably what I will end up doing but I just thought it very strange it would work so well the first day and then I get almost nothing out of it the second day (almost exactly like those energy drinks). If anyone else has experienced something like this, I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

Junkies spend the rest of their lives chasing the feeling of the first time...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 melcor

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Haha, well that is good to know... Fortunately for me, five hour energy (and the noots) is too expensive to continually take all day long and after the 5-6th one and I still am not getting anything out of it, both my wallet and my brain say its time to stop... Haven't had enough experience with the noots to determine if that is the case though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

I am starting to think this reaction (which seems to happen with quite a few compounds) is more of placebo or high from "finally trying it" than an actual effect of the compound in question...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users