Photo
- - - - -

Deprenyl

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nutridoc

• 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

I've seen references to Deprenyl and thought about giving it a try. However, I want to be sure that it can be ordered legally for use in the U.S. Does anyone know a reference where this information can be verified? Also, does anyone know of any places that sell Deprenyl that accept money orders or checks? Thank you.

#2 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:19 PM

Totally legal. Modafinil is the only one in the USA that I found to be controled that people seem to talk about at length. Correct me if I am wrong guys. Just read the the warnings on the label on this one... While it is a life-extending to most, according, there is a sliver of the population that should be careful using it, like people using prozac. Dose depending upon age and side effects. I only do 1mg every other day because I am 30 years old.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:05 AM

I have read that it is a prescription drug. So is it legal to just go ahead and order it from an on-line store?

#4 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

deprenyl has different physiological availability with women, there's an item here at imminst on that

#5 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:12 AM

I've been taking 5 mg per day. I'm 25, and if i had to choose single best nootropic it would be deprenyl ;)
Sub7 I'm not from US, but as far as i know if it's not controlled you can order up to 3 months supply. I know of people (from US) ordering antibiotics which are far more dangerous than deprenyl.

#6 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:23 PM

"Sub7 I'm not from US, but as far as i know if it's not controlled you can order up to 3 months supply. I know of people (from US) ordering antibiotics which are far more dangerous than deprenyl. "

I do understand that there are people doing it. This does not mean that it is legal to order it from an on-line store without a prescription if it is normally a prescription-only product. Can someone please shed some light on this issue (from a US based user's perspective)?

Sub7

#7 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:04 PM

I can't shed any light but I follow stories on this type of thing and have for years. What I found and this includes recent activity is that they shut down the supplier if they can. I've heard of buyers being popped but only for narcotics like dilaudid. Even then they usually go after only those buying more than personal use quantities. It's extremely rare to go after a small user even of narcotics and even more rare when it's a noot or something just technically not permitted.

Another factor is can they prove you ordered it? You may have given your cc number but you could always say someone stole your identity and had it sent to your house so they could intercept it before you checked your mail. It has happened. May sound like a silly defence but they have to prove you ordered it and in cases where they popped someone for buying illegal stuff there was never any doubt about it being highly illegal and they did tricks to make them reveal that they ordered it. For example, someone ordering narcotics they may have a cop delivering the goods dressed as a ups guy or postal worker and make him sign for it. The "ups" guy makes casual conversation asking if he ordered from that place. They might wait an hour and knock on the door saying they are doing an investigation and has he recieved anything suspicious. If he says "no" they bust in and find the opened box. He is convicted. If he had said "yes, i got some stuff I never ordered" then he is in the clear. If he had said to the guy delivering it that he didn't recall ordering it but would sign for it, they would have a hard time proving it.

#8 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:16 AM

If the customs checks and inspects the package and let it thru, doesn't it mean it's legal? Usually if there are problems package will simply be discarded. I've sent Nimesulid (selective COX-2 inhibitor not register in US, but not ilegal either) to 2 of my friends in US with attached customs form stating it's drugs inside, and they both received it without any problem.

#9 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

Because of the AIDS lobby, it is permissible to import non-narcotic meds to the US.

#10 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

If the customs checks and inspects the package and let it thru, doesn't it mean it's legal? Usually if there are problems package will simply be discarded. I've sent Nimesulid (selective COX-2 inhibitor not register in US, but not ilegal either) to 2 of my friends in US with attached customs form stating it's drugs inside, and they both received it without any problem.

Customs occasionally lets things through that they shouldn't. That does not mean it's legal. It would however, give you some grounds to say you thought it was legal. On the other hand, customs has been known to block many things that are totally legal. They are a little dictatorship all on their own. If you are importing something that is legal but have heard of people having problems with, just import a small amount. That could be a 3 month supply or in the case of herbs, perhaps a kilo or less. Some countries have customs much more restrictive than our own. Restrictive not only in the number of things blocked, but also in the vigilance and dilligence they display in stopping even a tiny bit from getting through.

#11 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:49 AM

xanadu i guess ur talking about EU countries, specially Germany and Norway ;)
anyway why don't you guys simply mail stores and ask? unique nutrition and nubrain are located in US, and should give you a right answer

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:22 AM

All nootropics even if drugs in the US are legal to buy outside the US....the FDA only regulates interstate sales.

Modafinil...however is a controlled drug, but do not consider it a nootropic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users