• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

All is prepared...need your final advice!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:13 PM

Hey all,
Wanted to tell you that the Piracetam + Alpha-GPC powders I've ordered have arrived smoothly, perfectly well! (took amazingly 2 days...heh).

Now, all I need is your final advice on consumption!
What doses would you recommend for me? (Piracetam + Alpha-GPC)
When to take them? (morning, lunch ..?)
How many servings a day, and of which quantity?
With meals/no meals?
How much time to wait between each serving ?

I've got the Cup-M machine + many empty 00 gelatin Capsules. What troubles me are the ratios - - how to do it right? -Should I mix between the powders in the same capsule? - How many mili-grams of each in every capsule? (I know how to use the device, just need to know exactly what should be im each and every capsule..).

Oh and by the way, should I keep the powders in the refrigerator?

Thank you all again,
Hope this goes well - - and I can share my experience with it..
Yours truthfully,
~Daniel S.

#2 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:59 PM

Don't you think it would be a good idea to get that 1fast400 piracetam powder assayed by a third party laboratory before ingesting it? That might be a wise idea given that 1fast400 powder is imported directly from China and is never screened by a third party independent laboratory. According to the owner of 1fast400, 1fast400 piracetam came with a COA (Certificate of Analysis) that claims it has less than 20 parts per million heavy metals; which does not even satisfy the USP requirements.

I do hope you know that the market in which you purchased your piracetam powder has no protections for consumers. So if you fall ill or die, then the seller (in this case 1fast400) is not at all liable. I mean, isn't it a little weird when you buy a product that you will be consuming several grams per day and it does not come in a sealed package with instructions for use; minimum quality assurance guarantee; that it is fit for human consumption, etc?

Click here for my view of product purity/quality

Be well.

Edited by nootropi, 13 January 2005 - 04:29 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

Aww geez, not this shit again......

#4 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:12 AM

Ignore nootropi, he is again going in circles.

I would start with:

600mg Alpha GPC
1600mg Piracetam

Once in the morning and once in the afternoon on an empty stomach.

#5 rainbowmaker

• 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:33 AM

Nootropi's comments are reducing the 1FAST400's profits. The owner should take action.

#6 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:02 PM

Nootropi's comments are reducing the 1FAST400's profits.  The owner should take action.

Nootropi's comments were never intended to have any effect whatsoever on this market; that is, besides ensuring my own safety while ingesting nutritional supplements. In the process of ensuring my own safety, I happened to have the common sense to do some simple fact-checking operations which involved:

1. Checking that David Tolson's comments regarding labelclaimstesting.com's testing "most of what [1fastfourhundred/Bulknutrition] sell[s] is [tested by a third party]" was true.

Citations: Click here
Posted Image and then and click here;

Do follow all of these links; I believe the (intelligent) reader would conclude that this investigation (the fruits of it) may in fact could have saved me from ingesting products that were imported directly from China without being tested by a third party for at least heavy metals and melting point assays; and consequently; so would several of the members of this and other forums be as well.

So when you, rainbowmaker, begin to consider whether or not 1fast400's profits were affected negatively or positively by this data coming to the attention of my readers; that is a rather trivial consideration; especially considering our LIVES MIGHT BE AT RISK. ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS THE IMMORTALITY INSTITUTE! WE VALUE OUR LIVES HERE AS THE HIGHEST VALUE Posted Image

I NEVER said NOT to shop at 1fast400; I only said that I would not buy any products that are imported directly from China without being tested by (at least) a third party heavy metal assay and melting point assay. I would still buy any product that has a repuatble supplier (i.e. Now! foods, Chocamine ®, etc.); that is, provided that the price is the lowest on that particular item.

Geez, some folks just never get it...

#7 zg00

• 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

I would start with:

600mg Alpha GPC
1600mg Piracetam

Good advice Magr.

Whats the taste of piracetam like? I've got a large order coming (with a scale, finally!) and would prefer *not* capping unless really necessary (eg: I took Phenibut by mouth with water).

#8 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:44 PM

And around we go again.

Mr. Kamil seems to have difficulties thinking in multiple pathways.

We already get many of the powders tested BY A THIRD PARTY to begin with (anytime the purity is in question). Mike has ALSO paid for independent testing of many OTHER SUPPLEMENTS FROM OTHER SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES...

Just because labelclaimstesting.com has not tested a given product does not mean that it has not been tested.

#9 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:49 PM

I take p'tam so regularly it dosn't phase me to just dose the powder directly in my mouth and wash it down with water. In addition, I don't think you'll have a problem because I believe phenibut has a worse taste than p'tam.

I seriously don't know what all the fuss is over p'tam's taste anyway ? [huh]

#10 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

It's horrible!

Phenibut is bad but Piracetam is worse.
It's a personal thing ofcourse.
Maybe if you can down a glass with 3g Phenibut, you might be able to handle it.

It takes a lot of effort to cap it, it's so fluffy and light so you'll need lots of caps.

#11 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:14 PM

And around we go again.

Mr. Kamil seems to have difficulties thinking in multiple pathways.

We already get many of the powders tested BY A THIRD PARTY to begin with (anytime the purity is in question). Mike has ALSO paid for independent testing of many OTHER SUPPLEMENTS FROM OTHER SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES...

Just because labelclaimstesting.com has not tested a given product does not mean that it has not been tested.

Please let me continue: PURITY (AND SAFETY) of products imported from China ARE ALWAYS IN QUESTION.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT PROTEIN BAR ASSAYS NOR PEANUT BUTTER POWDER ASSAYS.

#12 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

I think it's good that products get tested to prove that they contain the amount of ingredients listed on the package.

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT NO OTHER PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN TESTED.

I don't know how to explain this to you simple enough.

labelclaimstesting.com was JUST A PART of the testing.

Posted Image

Edited by magr, 14 January 2005 - 06:28 PM.

#13 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

I think it's good that products get tested to prove that they contain the amount of ingredients listed on the package.

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT NO OTHER PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN TESTED.

I don't know how to explain this to you simple enough.

labelclaimstesting.com was JUST A PART of the testing.

Posted Image

All products that come in here from China need to be screened by a third party for heavy metals and melting point BEFORE being sold to consumers in the open market.

#14 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:22 PM

All products that come in here from China need to be screened by a third party for heavy metals and melting point BEFORE being sold to consumers in the open market.

And your prime supplier does that?

That's right, he doesn't screen ANY of them.

Some companies atleast screen some, that way you can get a picture of the reliability of a supplier.

Can we end this conversation here please?

#15 zg00

• 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

Or at least keep the conversation on topic. As far as taste, I dumped Phenibut directly on my tongue then washed it down with water. I'll try the piracetam that way too (for better for for worse!).

Thanks for the feedback magr and lemon!

#16 Trias

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

I would start with:

600mg Alpha GPC
1600mg Piracetam

Sorry to disturb the little argument that has popped up here......

Thanks for the advice Magr!
Still, I've got a few questions left - -
When you meant once in the morning and once in the afternoon -- you meant two stacks of 600mg + 1600mg ? or that stack divided (to 300mg + 800mg x 2) ?
And do I take them together (that is, both Alpha+Pir at the same time?)

if you meant 2xthe above stack -- well, isn't 1200mg Alpha + 3200mg Piracetam a bit high dose to begin with?
And are you sure about the empty stomach thing? -I've heard some claim to consume Piracetam with meals..
Oh and by the way, should I keep the powders in the refrigerator or in the closet ?

One last question - - what do you think of the "Bacopa monniera extract, (20% standardized for bacosides), powder" - - should I add it to my stack? -will it synergize well with Piracetam & Alpha-GPC ? - And what of Ashwagandha? - I've had some recommendations for it as wll.

Sorry for bombarding you with all these tiresome questions,
I promise to be forever grateful [thumb]
And by saying Forever, well.....

~Daniel

Edited by inarchunite, 14 January 2005 - 10:38 PM.

#17 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:33 AM

Sorry to disturb the little argument that has popped up here......

I'm sorry that I brought this argument in your thread.

Thanks for the advice Magr!
Still, I've got a few questions left - -
When you meant once in the morning and once in the afternoon -- you meant two stacks of 600mg + 1600mg ? or that stack divided (to 300mg + 800mg x 2) ?
And do I take them together (that is, both Alpha+Pir at the same time?)

if you meant 2xthe above stack -- well, isn't 1200mg Alpha + 3200mg Piracetam a bit high dose to begin with?
And are you sure about the empty stomach thing? -I've heard some claim to consume Piracetam with meals..
Oh and by the way, should I keep the powders in the refrigerator or in the closet ?

I don't think it's high dosage to begin with.
Take that two times daily (2 x 600mg Alpha gpc & 2 x 1600mg Piracetam).

It's ok to tkae them together.

Up the dosages after a month if you feel like it.

Keep the powders in a cool and dry place, and out of sunlight.
No need to refridgerate the powder unless you have a 2 years+ amount.

I have not noticed any differences really if taken on full or empty stomach.
Piracetam is water soluble so it would be ok to take it on an empty stomach -> it will absorb faster.
Aniracetam is fat soluble and is recommended to be taken with meals.

One last question - - what do you think of the "Bacopa monniera extract, (20% standardized for bacosides), powder"  - - should I add it to my stack? -will it synergize well with Piracetam & Alpha-GPC ? - And what of Ashwagandha? - I've had some recommendations for it as wll.

Sorry for bombarding you with all these tiresome questions,
I promise to be forever grateful  [thumb]
And by saying Forever, well.....

~Daniel

Keep with the Piracetam + Alpha gpc for a while (2 months+) before adding any more compounds.
You have plenty of time to add stuff, you would want to know how the compounds affect you by them selves.

#18 Trias

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:06 PM

Hey Magr, Thanks again !

I'll start with Piracetam 3 times daily (each of about 900mg) + 2 x a day of 500 mg Alpha GPC. How does it sound ?

By the way, what about taking Piracetam before Workout? -any negative effects ?

And about Ashwagandha + Bacopa - - they are both being sold at Shamanshop.net for quite cheap.
Will they be ok to stack with Pircetam + Alpha-GPC? (taken in the evening, I guess?),

Ashwagandha: http://www.shamansho...3620.0/file.htm
Bacopa (Brahmi):
http://www.shamansho...3645.0/file.htm

The problem with Ashwagandha - - the'yre selling both Ashwagandha powder AND Ashwagandha ROOT powder. (http://www.shamansho...3670.0/file.htm)
Which one's preferable ?

~Daniel

#19 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

Hey Magr, Thanks again !

I'll start with Piracetam 3 times daily (each of about 900mg) + 2 x a day of 500 mg Alpha GPC. How does it sound ?

It is better to take it in 2 doses.

The effects are quite subtle atleast in the beginning so I would advice you to take 1600mg Piracetam + 600mg Alpha GPC twice daily.

By the way, what about taking Piracetam before Workout? -any negative effects ?

I don't think it will have any negative effects.

The main thing is to take the same dose every day at the same time.
Some people have experienced insomnia when they have take Piracetam in the evening so I would take it in the afternoon.

And about Ashwagandha + Bacopa - - they are both being sold at Shamanshop.net for quite cheap.
Will they be ok to stack with Pircetam + Alpha-GPC?  (taken in the evening, I guess?),

Ashwagandha: http://www.shamansho...3620.0/file.htm
Bacopa (Brahmi):
http://www.shamansho...3645.0/file.htm

The problem with Ashwagandha - - the'yre selling both Ashwagandha powder AND Ashwagandha ROOT powder. (http://www.shamansho...3670.0/file.htm)
Which one's preferable ?

~Daniel

I have no personal experience of these two.
I am going to add these to my stack in a couple of months.

I have wondered about the same thing, root powder or powder.

Anybody have any insights about this?

#20 Trias

• Topic Starter
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:50 PM

Hey Magr,

The reason I've thought of taking Piracetam 3 times instead of 2 - - is because of David Tolson's essay - Piracetam and the Mind - where he states:

"This would indicate that the ideal dose for memory improvement in healthy individuals is 2.4-4.8 g daily (spread out over 3-4 doses), and this is in line with the clinical data"

What do you think?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#21 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:09 PM

The information I have is only what I have learned by reading what people take, so I have no scientific data to back up my recommendations.

David's article is probably a good one, based on clinical studies.

Go with it if you feel like it!

[thumb]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users