Photo
- - - - -

Biogenesis hydergine IS NOT FAS

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

I ordered my first Hydergine from Biogenesis; and I feel bad that I referred several of you there to purchase Hydergine.

I thought that they were selling Hydergine FAS, when in fact they are not. It is very important they Hydergine come in FAS form; that way bioavailablity is maximized. FAS stands for "Facilitated Absorption System;" this form is clearly superior as it is time released.

Link to biogenesis's Hydergine page; THIS IS NOT FAS [ang]

I contacted Biogenesis and requested an exchange; I will copy the contents of the email that I sent below so that those of you whom also purchased this NON FAS version of Novartis Hydergine can also request an exchange:

Hello Biogenesis,

You shipped me three [3] units of Hydergine and they ARE NOT FAS: as indicated:

http://www.biogenesi...i-hydergine.asp

I would like to return these for store credit.  I have another source
for FAS hydergine tablets and prefer the facilitated absorption system
version due to the low bioavailablity of Hydergine.  I included the
order data below.

Please give me the address so I can return these NOT FAS tablets to you.

Thank you,

[insert your name here]

QHI (Quality Health Incorporated) sells 60 units of 4.5 mg FAS Hydergine tablets from Novartis; the price is:

26.50 EUR Euro = 34.4662 USD United States Dollars

BEFORE the shipping charge of:

12.00 EUR Euro = 15.6137 USD United States Dollars

Posted Image [thumb]

Here is the direct link to QHI's Hydergine sheet; from here you can place your order.

Edited by nootropi, 19 January 2005 - 11:34 PM.

#2 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:24 PM

Hey Nootopi, at least my mistake only caused people to miss the supplements chat last Sunday... your's caused, who knows how many people, to buy hydergine of inferior bioavailability. Thanks! I fell much better!

[thumb]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:36 PM

Hey Nootopi, at least my mistake only caused people to miss the supplements chat last Sunday... your's caused, who knows how many people, to buy hydergine of inferior bioavailability.  Thanks!  I fell much better! 

[thumb]

Now, lemon, you did not buy this inferior hydergine, right? If you did, please tell me. I am sure I could make it up to you (I hope...it's not too...late).

#4 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:39 PM

Nootropi,

Actually I did... four boxes... don't worry about it though 'cause I don't listen to anything you say anyway.

[thumb]

#5 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:42 PM

Nootropi,

Actually I did... four boxes... don't worry about it though 'cause I don't listen to anything you say anyway.

[thumb]

4 boxes? Did you actually ingest any of those (into your body)? If you did, over how long of a time period did you take in these four boxes? If so, I hope I never have to see those boxes. That would hurt me too much; to see inferior stuff mixed in with your supplements would ruin their...effectiveness.

Edited by nootropi, 20 January 2005 - 12:31 AM.

#6 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:17 AM

I'm probably not absorbing that much seeing as they are NOT FAS and I low dose them at a half tab per day (2.25mg). Actually I low dose quite a bit because I take so many supplements.

I don't take full strength on every nootropic I take... although I am partial to piracetam and @-GPC. :)

#7 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:26 AM

...and oh yeah, I do not titrate out liquid deprynyl into 1mg doses per day. Instead I break 5mg tabs into five wholly unequal pieces. [wis]

I break them up using a razor blade. I feel like Scarface, "say 'ello to my li'l friends!"

(I'm probably gonna go to supplement hell for my transgressions... or atleast nootropic purgatory) :)

#8 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:45 AM

I'm probably not absorbing that much seeing as they are NOT FAS and I low dose them at a half tab per day (2.25mg).   Actually I low dose quite a bit because I take so many supplements.

I don't take full strength on every nootropic I take... although I am partial to piracetam and @-GPC.  :)

Don't you mean Posted Image GPC?

Do you get a sexual stimulation effect from that low dose deprenyl? I do not at 1 mg/day.

Would you like some samples of Posted Image GPC and piracetam, deprenyl tablets, hydergine FAS tablets?

#9 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:36 PM

I take so many supplements.

What do you mean? How many supplements do you take? Can you show me the whole list?

#10 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:43 PM

instead of using a razor blade put the substance into large amount of liquide shake then divide it into 5 glasses and put 4 glasses int frig [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o]

i am sure u can find it in liquide form.

#11 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:34 PM

Nootropi,

Yes, I suppose I mean the alpha symbol... I just couldn't find it on my keyboard so I used the @ instead.

Anyway... no I'm O.K. and don't need any handouts... Although, if you could get me in tight with rizzer.... [wis]

(He does owe me a quarter killo of ani I ordered back in November)

#12 elevated

• 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

I bought 4 boxes of Hydergine FAS, I mean hydergine, as well [lol] , but no worries, i just take it on an empty stomach with piracetam, than take the fish oil,@gpc a little later.Bioperine seems to help as well to replace the FAS [glasses] .

#13 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 02:47 AM

WAMO it is soo overpriced man save ur money

i get mine from local (u need prescription to get this when u are in france but i can without) i get 30 * 4,5mg of generic (FAS) hydergine in pharmacetical quality for juste 9,62 EURO
i found this to increass my cardio endurance

#14 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:14 AM

I purchased Biogenesis's hydergine a while back, and I use 4.5mg/day.

I also noticed an increase in cardiovascular endurance, but I wasn't sure if it was a product of training, or the stack I am ingesting on a daily basis, or a combination of both.

#15 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:31 AM

WAMO it is soo overpriced man save ur money

i get mine from local (u need prescription to get this when u are in france but i can without) i get 30 * 4,5mg  of generic (FAS) hydergine in pharmacetical quality for juste 9,62 EURO
i found this to increass my cardio endurance

FAS is a patented technology; show me a link of this so called "generic FAS" or scan an image of the wrapper. Novartis FAS tablets are still the best.

#16 ahnenerbe

• 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:05 PM

Is IAS's Hydergine FAS? It's Novartis but they put it nowhere:

http://www.antiaging.../hydergine.html

#17 adolfo

• 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

Nah, it's the same as the Biogenesis.. I would go with the liquid, it's supposed to lessen side-effects and increase absorption

#18 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

(Bad pun warning) Sounds great, but hydergine liquid is not an economic solution.

#19 adolfo

• 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:09 PM

It's only ~50% more expensive compared to non-FAS.. I don't know how much less you absorb with non-FAS, but the reduction of side effects ("Of 8 patients given co-dergocrine mesylate 1.5 mg three times daily for the treatment of dementia, 3 developed severe sinus bradycardia associated with general deterioration in their condition, necessitating withdrawal of the treatment. (1)", and anectodally a few people disliked the stuffy nose, throat so much to discontinue, even though it's supposed to pass) is also worth considering. Anyway , I intend to low dose, and a dropper is pretty much the best way..

---
1. Bellani M, et al. Treatment of hypertension in the elderly: a controlled clinical trial of dihydroergotoxine mesylate in comparison with nifedipine. Curr Ther Res 1983- 34: 1014-22.

#20 ahnenerbe

• 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:33 AM

Nah, it's the same as the Biogenesis.. I would go with the liquid, it's supposed to lessen side-effects and increase absorption

So, where to buy FAS Hydergine?

#21 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

QHI

#22 DynamicDavid

• 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Good Day!

I am located in hawaii and wondering is there anyone selling Hydergine Liquid (Novartis) FAS that can ship to me affordably?

Thanks!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 KC_in_SD

• 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

IAS, QHI, even Biogenesis' page links to a dead page....nobody seems to be carrying it anymore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users