• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Meetings Poll

chapters meeting local longecity members meetup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Meetings poll (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you attend a regional meeting?

1. Likely (39 votes [53.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.42%

2. Maybe (25 votes [34.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.25%

3. Unlikey (4 votes [5.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

4. No (5 votes [6.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

How far/long would you travel?

1. My town only (16 votes [21.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.92%

2. 1hr travel (17 votes [23.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.29%

3. 2hr travel (23 votes [31.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.51%

4. more (17 votes [23.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:55 AM

Not sure if people have even noticed, but next week LongeCity is holding a round of local meetings.

There is even some financial support available.

This poll is to gauge general interest and if we should repeat the initiative.

EDIT: ADDITIONS.

Again, this poll is NOT about this weeks meeting, but asking a general question!

Please note that this poll is NOT anonymous - this is so that we can contact people if another meeting happens.

Members, if you haven't already - please put yourself on the map. You can be very general (ie. just give a region) if you prefer.

Edited by caliban, 27 August 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

If I was not due to be elsewhere on the day and had the money at the time, I would maybe attend. I must warn anyone I may meet should I attend such an event that I don't have much scientific or technical knowledge at all. I do however want to end aging once and for all.

#3 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to organize it, but I would like to join a regional meeting. I'm also not able to visit Cambridge; the intention is there every time a SENS conference is organized, but work and other important duties during that time have been inhibitive.....

Would it be possible to organize a German / Belgian / Dutch meeting during a weekend? Location could be somewhere between Utrecht, Brussels and Cologne.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hah, Caliban--for the States the poll need to have options of traveling 2 hours, 5 hours, or 8 hours ;)

I'll host one in Austin TX this October. I'll put the details up in the regional area.
  • like x 1

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

There is a Transhumanist in Germany that will let me know how many people he will be able to get and the time it will be, with the end of Sunday as the deadline. It sounds like around half a dozen and I told him we can get them a round of drinks or something similar. He will get pictures and put SENS 5 on the agenda. Ill be helping him with some topics.

There is also a group gathering around Stockholm Sweden. There is still time if anybody reading this wants to get a group together. Let us know. If you can get say even, two people that are passively interested in indefinite life extension and or SENS, then I think we can make that work.

#6 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

Please note that there is now a new way of indicating your general interest in local meetings

If you edit your profile  and scroll down a bit, you will find the following options:  

Meetings?

are you interested in meeting fellow members locally?

• yes, I would help to organise  
  • yes, probably  

• no, don't contact me

While you are editing your profile, make sure your LOCATION is still up-to-date if you are (potentially) interested in local meetings  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chapters, meeting, local, longecity, members, meetup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users