- - - - -

" Herpes Simplex Type I / HSV1 (oral herpes) infects the brain and

Alzheimer Herpes

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

The emotional impact of discovering that you have herpes can outweigh the physical health issues one has to deal with. Go to SingleHerpes.com to find support and other singles with herpes in your area!

Umm ...LOL?

You do realize that most of the world's population has HSV1 right?

Doesn't this mean that many people with the Apo-e4 gene like myself are basically screwed?

#32 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Doesn't this mean that many people with the Apo-e4 gene like myself are basically screwed?

Probably, but we don't know. Apparently, many people with apoe4 never develop dementia, and sometimes people with apoe4 and dementia do not have alzheimer's (ie. they have another form of dementia). What's more is people without this gene can also get Alzheimer's. I would try to be careful (avoid contact with eyes & face & mouth, keep clean, keep any cold sores contained, etc), since we don't know how the virus spreads to the brain, nor exactly what influence it (and its immune response) has on protein structure. Plague (outside neurons) and tangles (inside neurons) are associated with alzheimer's, but we can't say herpes causes plague and tangles. And there's always the hopeful prospect of a cure coming out before your disease becomes too severe!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Probably, but we don't know. Apparently, many people with apoe4 never develop dementia, and sometimes people with apoe4 and dementia do not have alzheimer's (ie. they have another form of dementia). What's more is people without this gene can also get Alzheimer's. I would try to be careful (avoid contact with eyes & face & mouth, keep clean, keep any cold sores contained, etc), since we don't know how the virus spreads to the brain, nor exactly what influence it (and its immune response) has on protein structure. Plague (outside neurons) and tangles (inside neurons) are associated with alzheimer's, but we can't say herpes causes plague and tangles. And there's always the hopeful prospect of a cure coming out before your disease becomes too severe!

This all seems a bit grim. Ok, so there's a huge prevalence of herpes world wide, I have the Apo-e4 gene, and I have been with approximately 10 women in my time. It seems there is a good chance I might have herpes then which isn't good. I'm going to book an appointment with my GP tomorrow and get tested.

#34 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Not really. You found out your genotype, so now you can take steps to avoid problems down the road. The HSV Alzheimer's connection isn't all that solid, imho, and the Apo E4 risk factor isn't infinite; you have something like double the risk of ApoE 3, or thereabouts, right? And those numbers were generated from people who didn't know their genotype, and didn't tune their diet, supplementation, and other behaviours to reduce risk. I would do the following:

Take some steps to keep herpes under control. There are a variety of oral and topical medicines. Try to avoid immunosuppression.

Learn how much aluminum is in your water. Figure out ways to reduce your aluminum exposure. Lately I've been looking into putting a few drops of BioSil or JaroSil into a pitcher of water to bind up the aluminum. I checked with my water department, and it's right on the borderline between "high" and "low", based on at least one paper. I've cut back a lot on aluminum chloride antiperspirants. They don't smell so good if you look at the epidemiology on them.

Tune your diet to be right from a cardiovascular disease standpoint, and you should be ok.

#35 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Not really. You found out your genotype, so now you can take steps to avoid problems down the road. The HSV Alzheimer's connection isn't all that solid, imho, and the Apo E4 risk factor isn't infinite; you have something like double the risk of ApoE 3, or thereabouts, right? And those numbers were generated from people who didn't know their genotype, and didn't tune their diet, supplementation, and other behaviours to reduce risk. I would do the following:

Take some steps to keep herpes under control. There are a variety of oral and topical medicines. Try to avoid immunosuppression.

Learn how much aluminum is in your water. Figure out ways to reduce your aluminum exposure. Lately I've been looking into putting a few drops of BioSil or JaroSil into a pitcher of water to bind up the aluminum. I checked with my water department, and it's right on the borderline between "high" and "low", based on at least one paper. I've cut back a lot on aluminum chloride antiperspirants. They don't smell so good if you look at the epidemiology on them.

Tune your diet to be right from a cardiovascular disease standpoint, and you should be ok.

Yeah it's about double the risk. I will book an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to get tested for herpes and I have already conducted a ton of research on treatment should the results come back positive.

Interesting... I didn't know BioSil could help in limiting aluminium exposure so I'll look into that. Coincidentally I just started taking 2x5drops/day last week :)

As for diet modification I feel a bit lost. I'm so used to eating a moderate fat paleo diet and now I'm going to have to cut back on some of the things I consume quite regularly like extra-virgin coconut and olive oils, butter, coconut milk, eggs, organically fed animal fats, etc. I'll have to completely re-work my meal plans. I eat a good quantity of leafy greens but I think I will have to start eating more sweet potato's and maybe some rice to make up for lost calories from cutting out all the high-fat foods. I will also eat a lot of lean protein to support strength gains from resistance training but I don't think this is an issue.

Edited by Steve_86, 09 March 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#36 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

There are some interesting anti-herpes options in this thread, too:
http://www.longecity...erpes-activity/

• like x 1

#37 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

More vitamin K reqd with BHT use:
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8045471

So supplement with Gelatin and Vit K when using BHT.
Anything else?

--------------------------------------

I did a 'buy Bavituximab' search and it seems the product is available!

#38 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

This all seems a bit grim. Ok, so there's a huge prevalence of herpes world wide, I have the Apo-e4 gene, and I have been with approximately 10 women in my time. It seems there is a good chance I might have herpes then which isn't good. I'm going to book an appointment with my GP tomorrow and get tested.

They are talking about oral herpes (the kind people can get from kissing their aunt), not genital.

In any case, the claim that "it is known that HSV-1 is the cause of Alzheimer's" is untrue. Nobody knows such a thing.

#39 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Found it re a possible vaccine againt HSV-2 and thought to post it here anyway:

A vaccine for herpes? Researchers discover immune cells that suppress HSV-2 infection

http://www.foxnews.c...suppress-hsv-2/

#40 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

I think my dementia is caused by the cytomegalow virus! Today I took a huge turn for the worse I forgot to go a see my Dr to discuss cytomegalow. The virus is slightly different from the HSV virus. It can cause glandular fever and strep throat in younger people and then infects the brain in the over 50s. If anyone here has suffered from those diseases when young please get checked for this. This is not the same as the Epstein Bar Virus that also causes glandular fever. Cytomegalow virus is carried by 70% of the population though perhaps dementia affects all humans if they live long enough. There might be several different causes of dementia that are currently classified as one disease but I think the causes can be different. It is possible that one can be born with a virus or contract a virus as a very young child that might develop into dementia later on. My symptoms are the same as my Aunt's though she deteriorated slowly and lived 20 years with the disease before it killed her. I wonder if I caught this from her. We both had tinnitus which is not typically associated with dementia. I think it is the same disease. It is very frightening. Throughout life there may be sporadic outbreaks of disease glandular fever, strep throat for instance. So this is a warning for anyone who has had these symptoms to get their virus treated before it is too late. Yet another reason why finding a cure is so important for longevity. This disease really does have to be defeated before individual humans can live forever. Unfortunately the sort of dementia I have degenerates faster than Alzhimmers and is early onset in my case. I am really fighting to stay alive now all the time. I am also waiting for a CAT scan. Acyclovir isn't going to help me. I need something else. I've had memory problems for decades but now it's become very serious. I suspect I might be a double ApoE4 person too though I have never been tested. If I can help anyone through this message my death will not have been in vain. Hopefully these ideas might lead to some research. I hope that it makes sense to someone and that the message might help someone prevent the disease.

#41 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

Found it re a possible vaccine againt HSV-2 and thought to post it here anyway:

A vaccine for herpes? Researchers discover immune cells that suppress HSV-2 infection

http://www.foxnews.c...suppress-hsv-2/

Searching for updates I found this information:

http://medcitynews.c...-positive-data/

Edited by albedo, 17 October 2014 - 09:20 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#42 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

Applied C60 stopped an outbreak i felt starting from occurring. I applied it the second day for insurance. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users