• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Two Years Of ImmInst - Here's what I came up with....

Critique this thang

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

I've been part of this forum for a couple of years now. The regimen that I have constructed is mainly based on diet because that's where I see most improvements generally. Some people might find what I do as being a bit boring but I'd still be interested in thoughts or opinions.

I might have to become a member again because that way you can edit your original post. Editing below is just going to get messy.

My aims:

1. Longevity (even if was an extra year or two, this isn't something I'm overly obsessed with as I put far greater focus on number two, below)
2. Better quality of existence. Increased wellbeing and awareness. Increased spiritual conectedness with myself and the universe. I don't think I'll ever be one of the heard again that just accepts its sedated existence (yes that is what most of the population are.... zombies).

My rules:

1. Carb restriction... Based on the food that I eat this usually means I am doing calorific restriction to some extent. I aim for about 50g of carbs and some days it may sneak up to 70/80g.

2. No pharmaceutical drugs. I have been experimenting for the past couple of years and my brain is pretty fried in that respect. If I take an SSRI and it's been a few weeks of absinence I notice it'll kick straight into the theraputic zone each and every time (which is great if you want to take these things long term and have no interest in the short term side effects) but this also shows how tolerant i have become to the inital start up effects of the SSRIs (hypomania, agitation,etc). So with my intention no longer being on going through the drugs route I have decided to give up drugs of all kind completely and hopefully over the course of time my receptors will upregulate again and get me back to where I was. I originally started a mission with pharmaceutical drugs based on a misguided idea that they were the only things that were able to help me. I was wrong. I can only speak for myself but I have tried pretty much all pharmaceuticals now and it doesn't matter what their mechanism is all they do is provide a 'blanket' over your symptons. With diet I have found that this is actually giving me more meaningful benefits. I swear i read somewhere that having a diet high in carbs activates 5HT pathways and this leads to to inflammation and increased cortisol response. I'd have to dig up the studies on my hard drive. Anecdotally I can confirm this from how I felt on the Ketogenic diet which I trialled a while back. Although I felt pretty shitty during the adaption phase my stress response improved dramatically. I notice the same on my current diet which is carb restrictive. Of course the real challenge is sticking to it and not giving up.

3. Eating a sensible fat/protein/carbohydrate ratio. There is always lots of debate here and everyone disagrees with each other showing science that argues something either way. I don't have the time to agonize other such stuff, in fact I have very little interest in studies when it comes to this to this subject. I have learnt over the years and probably through my OCD like tendancies (it benefits me in some ways) to take note of how I feel when I eat/drink something and I have been able to construct a meal diary around this so I can find it easier to stick to. I have found high carb intake to generally make me more sleepy and possibly a bit dopey (this is definitley the case when I add wheat back in). Eating a good amount of fat seems to be culmalative in terms of benefitting my brain (When I try diets I will trial them for a while and higher fat seems to be great in this respect). I also noticed that eating sufficient protein in every meal seems to do wonders for suppressing my appetite. I am aware of studies showing excessive protein to be harmful to the body though so going overboard isn't something that I have any interest in.

So I have learnt to keep my ratio at about 60/70% fat (mostly monounsatuated, saturated and polyunsaturated). I will eat about 20% protein and 20% carbohydrate.

4. Supplying my diet with antioxidants from varying sources. But not going into overdrive with this as what I supply with anti-oxidants seems sufficient.

5. High intensity exercise three times a week. Sprinting, sit ups, press ups, chin ups. Weight lifting I do daily mainly working around the core of my body (back, chest, legs). The lifting isn't intensive by any means but it just gets my body working and I feel better for doing it each day.

6. Eating no grain of any type.

7. Eating no processed food of any type. Prepackaged meals, processed sugar of any type, sauces, dips... Whatever has been made by man is something I have no interest in when it comes to food. Of course you could argue that some of the food that I eat has probably been processed to some extent but let's not obsess over stuff like that. This regimen is designed to have flaws, every regimen will. It works for me right now but of course I'm open to criticism (constructive) and advice.

8. Dairy is ok. I notice no adverse reactions at all from milk, cheese,etc.

9. No alcohol (or limited pretty much to the point where it's not an issue). This may change if I am out with freinds. Being sociable is more important than health. With me though my work seems to be my life so seeing my freinds is rare treat. Even if I did have the means of going out each night I wouldn't do it because I don't care for the effects of alcohol really. I enjoy the low level buzz you get after two or three drinks but I'll stop there.

10. Monitor n-3/n-6 ratio. If everthing is cool here based on the food that i am eating then supplementing fish oil won't even be that critical. At the moment I am taking 2g a day.

11. Keep my OCD/ADHD/Depression (bipolar) - whatever the fuck it is in check. I suffer with symptons with all of this to some extent and I notice improvements in all of it when I keep my dietary limits in order with what I outlined above. So...... no giving in to peer pressure, no giving in to cravings, just all out militant determination to keep my 'condition' in good state. If I start gorging on pastries and sugars I notice very quickly how I start to decline and crumble. Everything from my spiritual wellbeing to my quality of existence. But this leads me onto the most important thing.....

12. Have fun. For the past two years whilst I've been teaching myself heaps about my disorder(s) and learning a lot I have forgotten what it is like to have a social life. So this is the reasoning for me documenting my ideas down here and revealing all I have to the world. People might think I'm a a bit of a dick for disclosing so much about myself but that's the person I am and if you met me in real life you would see exactly the same guy. I suppose my mood disorder put me onto this journey in the first place but now I need to start enjoying myself. I am not a bad looking guy and I have things going for me so I have joined a dating site. A girlfreind would be cool. I have been contacting my freinds a lot more recently, hopefully rebuilding the bridges that have been dying due to my overworking.

Supplements

AM

Upon waking:

Indium Sulphate XL - East Park - 1 drop

With morning food:

Trans Resveratrol - Rev Genetics - 2,000mg
Schizandra berries - Indigo Herbs - 4,000mg
Vitamin D (gel caps) - Healthy Origins - 2,400iu
Rhodiola Rosea - New Chapter - 300mg
Fish Oil - Carlsons - 2,000mg

MID DAY

Nothing.

PM

Nothing.

PRN:

1. I take Tongkat Ali for *ahem* obvious reasons. If anyone wants to know the source I use just PM me. This stuff is the shit for libido trust me. Jesus christ my orgasms are intense when I take this. Note: I only take this when I need to (i.e, I have a girl about).

2. Muira Puama and Damiana. I'll use these if I run out of Tongkat.

3. Picamilon. I'll use this when I cycle off rhodiola which will decline in effects after a week or two. I like picamilon a lot and it was one of the first things I ever tried. I find it a lot more kinder on my brain than piracetam.

Diet

I'm not eating grass fed meat at the moment but if anyone has any ideas of any good websites that do delivery within the UK I'm all ears!!

I say I am from Bristol but I'm actually about 30miles away so this is my nearest city so i can't get to these places that sell grass fed produce unfortunately. Hence why I'd be interested if I can find a site where they might deliver this to your door? Do these sites exist? I'll need to start looking int it. Supermarket, mass public meat isn't something that I want to be eating too much of really and with meat being the cornerstone of my diet it might have detrimental effects long term.

Anyway, right now i can't really be bothered to go into the design of my meals that I have constructed but they all fit the criteria of the fat/carb/protein ratio I listed above. My idea of breakfast might be to have pork chops with a rocket salad for instance. I'm not a muslei type of guy, well not any more.....

So I'm just going to list the foods that I eat:

Watercress salad, rocket salad, brocoli, potatoes, carrots, sweet potato, tomatoes, sprouts, blueberries, rasberries, strawberries, avocado, beetroot, brazil nuts (used sparingly because of n-6 content), walnuts, goji berries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar (used very sparingly on salads), olives, beef, bacon, pork, chicken, duck eggs (free range), cacao, hemp seed, spirulina, whey protein (in and around weight lifting).

Although I feel good on my diet right now sometimes I may feel a bit jittery. When this happens I'll add in a piece of fruit or something (usually a banana or an orange) and this usually calms me down a bit.

I don't bother with a multi vitamin based on my the foods I eat here... But please do say why I should take one of that's what you think guys... I know there are a couple of good ones around at the moment... Maybe taking a multivitamin is just standard good practice despite how nutritious ones diet might be?

Phew... Been typing this thing for over an hour now... Feeling like a lie down.....

Thanks for reading.

Thorsten.

Edited by Thorsten2, 16 September 2011 - 10:05 PM.

• like x 4

#2 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

My comments and criticisms....

-I don't see any mention of Intermittent Fasting (IF).

-Make sure your exercise regimen occasionally contains "lifting very heavy objects". I think putting the body under heavy load bearing stress is informational and probably influences all sorts of good long-term gene expression changes like meditation does.

-No mention of meditation (I don't do it yet either--but I know I should!)

-I think there are plenty of processed foods that are OK/Neutral and that for me add to my quality of life substantially. I eat all sorts of sauces, etc but they are all good ingredients, no rubbish HFCS etc.

-Think about some occasional Phlebotomy for iron reduction.

-Dairy is rubbish IMO. Maybe if you can get raw grass fed or unpasteurized/unhomogenized, etc it is OK but I still think at best it will be neutral/slighty beneficial. At worst you have all the growth factors, etc and it could be a substantial net-negative. That is just where I am at on the issue currently. I have no issue with dairy fat, and a bit of cheese, etc but I think seeing regular milk as a health food is tenuous from a longevity standpoint.

-I think your supplement regimen needs work. Not enough bet hedging for my liking. Have you crunched your diet in CRON-o-METER to make sure you are getting close to or exceeding the RDIs? My opinion is there are two ways to view diet and supplementation: The optimal method is to get all of your nutrition from food, but doing that means you really need to analyse your diet, and mostly likely make some changes to correct deficiencies (or remove an item causing an excess). However if you are like myself and many others who don't particularly enjoy micromanaging diet, then a partial-dose of a good Multivitamin, and then a few other stand alone supplements (like Vitamin D3) covers your bases. I think the body prefers a slight surplus to a deficiency. I would recommend Vimmortal. I view a Multivitamin just like Vitamin D and Fish Oil. When I go spend the day at the beach, I don't take D3 that day. When I eat sushi a couple times a week I don't take fish oil that day. And so for a Multivitamn, if I eat mostly healthy (typically home cooked) food one day I don't take it. If I eat OK but for lunch I was in a rush and grabbed a half a cage-raised-production-line chicken, I take a partial dose. If I find myself having one of the days (typically weekends) when every meal is eaten out, like fish and chips for lunch and maybe a pub steak for dinner, I will usually take a full dose of my Multi. But don't be religious about it, no single one day matters IMO.

I would add Vitamin K2 (MK-4 and/or MK-7), & Lithium. Both of these are in Vimmortal. And some additional Magnesium. Curcumin if you don't use it in cooking regularly. If you are not eating any fermented foods I would add in a probiotic. Low non-bodybuilding dose of Creatine if you don't eat much dark meat. Methyl-B12 looks to be a pretty safe bet also. IP-6 for iron (or give blood as above or both). I also like ALCAR but I don't see it as necessary at all.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi eVolution, are you sure a phlebotomy is a good idea / necessary?
As far as I know the intermittent fasting isn't supported by all researcher.
There are opinions that it actually does more harm than good. (cardiovascular system)
A caloric restriction diet would be a better option in my oppinion.
I agree with the heavy weights. Thorsten should add those to his routine.

#4 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

My comments and criticisms....

-I don't see any mention of Intermittent Fasting (IF).

-Make sure your exercise regimen occasionally contains "lifting very heavy objects". I think putting the body under heavy load bearing stress is informational and probably influences all sorts of good long-term gene expression changes like meditation does.

-No mention of meditation (I don't do it yet either--but I know I should!)

-I think there are plenty of processed foods that are OK/Neutral and that for me add to my quality of life substantially. I eat all sorts of sauces, etc but they are all good ingredients, no rubbish HFCS etc.

-Think about some occasional Phlebotomy for iron reduction.

-Dairy is rubbish IMO. Maybe if you can get raw grass fed or unpasteurized/unhomogenized, etc it is OK but I still think at best it will be neutral/slighty beneficial. At worst you have all the growth factors, etc and it could be a substantial net-negative. That is just where I am at on the issue currently. I have no issue with dairy fat, and a bit of cheese, etc but I think seeing regular milk as a health food is tenuous from a longevity standpoint.

-I think your supplement regimen needs work. Not enough bet hedging for my liking. Have you crunched your diet in CRON-o-METER to make sure you are getting close to or exceeding the RDIs? My opinion is there are two ways to view diet and supplementation: The optimal method is to get all of your nutrition from food, but doing that means you really need to analyse your diet, and mostly likely make some changes to correct deficiencies (or remove an item causing an excess). However if you are like myself and many others who don't particularly enjoy micromanaging diet, then a partial-dose of a good Multivitamin, and then a few other stand alone supplements (like Vitamin D3) covers your bases. I think the body prefers a slight surplus to a deficiency. I would recommend Vimmortal. I view a Multivitamin just like Vitamin D and Fish Oil. When I go spend the day at the beach, I don't take D3 that day. When I eat sushi a couple times a week I don't take fish oil that day. And so for a Multivitamn, if I eat mostly healthy (typically home cooked) food one day I don't take it. If I eat OK but for lunch I was in a rush and grabbed a half a cage-raised-production-line chicken, I take a partial dose. If I find myself having one of the days (typically weekends) when every meal is eaten out, like fish and chips for lunch and maybe a pub steak for dinner, I will usually take a full dose of my Multi. But don't be religious about it, no single one day matters IMO.

I would add Vitamin K2 (MK-4 and/or MK-7), & Lithium. Both of these are in Vimmortal. And some additional Magnesium. Curcumin if you don't use it in cooking regularly. If you are not eating any fermented foods I would add in a probiotic. Low non-bodybuilding dose of Creatine if you don't eat much dark meat. Methyl-B12 looks to be a pretty safe bet also. IP-6 for iron (or give blood as above or both). I also like ALCAR but I don't see it as necessary at all.

eVolution thanks for your thoughts.

1. I probably fast once every two weeks and sometimes if I run out of food/money I fast a bit more frequently.

2. Well, my weights I do do put strain on my legs, shoulders, back muscles, and legs.

3. Meditation is an amazing thing in theory but takes great discipline to stick with it. I think it's the sort of thing you start doing and persist with and when you start noticing results it becomes easier to dedicate yourself to it and by stage it's already become a habit. I have only meditated a few times and have found myself quite unsually relaxed after a couple of times doing it... Kind of like everything being tuned right down but also being hyper vigilant of my surroundings at the same time... quite a cool feeling.

4. I have been planning on doing some phlebotomy all year but never got around to it.

5. Milk has always been on my radar to cut out because I know that (like wheat) it is detrimental to human wellbeing and performance. I suppose I have included milk because (unlike some people) it doesn't give me any allergic type of effects. But I still worry about the chemicals that are in it not to mention the opiod peptides which are there to dull and control the masses who know no better. Coconut milk and almond milk have been types that I've been looking into as alternatives. I may even make my own... I know there are a few recipes around using hemp seed, water and banana. Probably a few others as well.

6. I want to keep my supplemental regimen minimal for a reason. I have been overdosing on supplements and pharmaceuticals for the past two years. I've come across some great things and some not so great things. I've also learnt though that stacking these things together isn't something that I enjoy. I definitely hate taking more than one pharmaceutical. I want to take supplements that are essential and are lacking from the diet that I eat.

7. I'm trying to avoid deviating away from sticking to a dietary plan. I can appreciate that your flexibility probably affords you more choices and interesting meals but it's that kind of thinking that will result in me eating rubbish again (wheat, high carbs and sugars). I'm not sure if I am going to stick to low carb to be honest. I get cravings from time to time that are extremely powerful and I would destroy fish and chips (not for the fat content as I eat that plentiful each day) but for the carb content I guess. Occasionally I do sucumb.

8. I eat a lot of nuts and fruit and always have done so I doubt magnesium is going to be an issue. In all honesty I'm not that worried about vitamins/minerals (well apart from vitamin D and fish oil). Vitamin K is going to be aquaired from lighlty steamed brocoli that I eat two/three times a week. I also eat spirulina daily which has suffcient K.

9. I can't take curcumin it make me very stressed.

10. I have recently experimented with probiotics for the first time in my life but was scared away from a gut reaction. It's like I suddenly developed IBS. But I may experiment further at some point.

11. I eat a lot of dark meat so don't need creatine.

12. I don't need B12 as I eat eggs in plentiful amounts and spirulina is also high in B12.

13. I never got on with ALCAR. It made me depressed but I have always been impressed with the studies it has to its name.

Edited by Thorsten2, 23 September 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#5 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

So at the moment I would say that everyday I eat the following macro nutrients in the following percentages (I use cronometer)

Fat 60%
Protein 30%
Carbs 10%

I feel ok on this 95% of the time but occassionally (such as tonight) I will get very powerful carb cravings. I'm not craving wheat because I am surrounded by bread, pies and pastries in my house (other people eat it).

I may decide to ditch this plan because although I have bags of energy on this diet it doesn't feel healthy to me. The fat I eat (mostly from animal) is delicious but it's also cooked and I worry about feasting on crappy grade (yes I can't afford grass fed organic) cooked meat for the rest of my life. I've no doubt this would still be healthy in comparison to someone who gorged on sweets and pastries but for longevity I do have my concerns.

So I am in the process of currently looking towards a raw food diet. It would not be a totally 100% raw diet as I intend on using sufficient egg yolk on a daily basis for my cholestrol and fats. I'm still reading books on this diet (to gauge what I need to look out for) at present though but may dive into it any point.

Edited by Thorsten2, 23 September 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#6 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Have cut back on my meats and started to introduce more raw foods (fruits,etc)... I feel better eating this way. I think I am going to ditch the whole 'Concentrating on carb restriction' thing. I seem to do better when eating about 100g per day (mostly from fruits and veg). Wheat is still off the agenda though, I wouldn't go near that shit if someone paid me!

Also recently i am still taking all of the beforementiond supplements but I am currently running a new Piracetam trial (high dose) along with fish oil (high dose). I am seeing some amazing results. I am going to update here for anyone who is interested. Hopefully people will let me know if there is any danger of me turning into Isochroma (I say that in the kindest way, it's thanks to this guy that I even discovered this).

#7 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

I went out last night and met a girl.. My social life is already improving. Piracetam seems to motivate me to do stuff without feeling bad or lethargic. It also seems to give me an edge in social situations, which trust me, is very useful if you are wanting to pick up chicks.

#8 blake12

• 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Extremely interested in your progress Thorsten; started a similar regimen myself, in regards to piracetam/fish oil. I'm not exactly fond of becoming a manic or developing psychosis though (ehhh isochroma.)

btw, how much of each are you taking of each? 3g of Piracetam every 3 hours? And how much/often for the fish oil?

Edited by blake12, 26 September 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#9 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

I have been noticing mania with this the last couple of days so I'm cutting back on the piracetam. The fish oil itself seems to have major benefits. I woke up this morning just feeling very happy which was a very weird feeling. Things making me laugh instead of rumminating about shit. Piracetam alone has razor sharp edges which fish oil seems to cushion. It's a beautiful synergy.

I'm now doing 3g of fish oil three times a day and 2g of Piracetam 3 times a day.

Good luck with your trial and I hope you find the same success as me.

Edited by Thorsten2, 27 September 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#10 blake12

• 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

Interesting; what type of mania? Must of been evident enough for you to cut back, but what were the precise symptoms and dosage of piracetam. Is it pretty much proven that mega-dosing piracetam will induce mania?

Reason I'm so interested is because of the dramatic positive impact it's had on me. This feeling of 'contentment' and spontaneity is pretty addicting, and I'd hate to lose it. But there seems to be a fine line between these effects and a manic state; isochroma was pretty much the epitome of this. And it's scary because like you, I've developed this romantic idealization of Piracetam, that we know was the hallmark of isochroma's disorder.

Edited by blake12, 27 September 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#11 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

My symptons of mania were similar to what I have experienced to other drugs such as the SSRIs.

1. Unusual, but what seems like unlimited mental energy (late at night as well)
2. I become very talkative to the point where I become a bit self concious
3. Insomnia
4. Have to watch myself that I don't say anything stupid as I can fall into the trap of saying stupid stuff if I feel like this. Stuff that I'd later regret.
5. Having unlimited physical energy (being able to work 15 hour shifts without fatigue) - waking up the next day totally refreshed and untired!

But, the positive mania symptons are there too hence my reason to continue with albeit just change the dose slightly. The energy is great. No fatigue. I have motivation to do stuff and this includes talking to girls (which currently seems to be an area of my life which is getting much better).

Romantic idealization? Yeah I know what you mean. It is a great supplement for what it does but it's not a miracle worker. With the higher dosages I was flying a bit and I could definitley see how Isochroma was getting out of control with this. I think it improves overall norepinephrinergic tone which is going to be useful somewhat for ADHD but in the paultry doses I was taking it previously (1g a day) it was producing different effects, but still positive ones that. With the bigger dosing schedule I am noticing it seems to wiping the floor with most of the symptons that have been problematic to me over the years (I would define these symptons as being in line with what you read about ADHD - Although I will admit that I have never been officially diagnosed - I know some people even doubt whether the condition is even real). I have recently concluded that my depression, mood swings and emotional irrationality have all stemmed from my inability to motivate myself and derive pleasure from achieveing in life for which then becomes a vicious circle.

I agree it's not exactly proven that Piracetam induces mania but I know it has the capability of doing it with me and also from others that I have about online.

One cool thing I love about Piracetam is the complexity of the dreams. Unfortunately I have a job remembering them so I am going to start retaking my P5P and hopefully this situation will get better (P5P always improved dream recall for me).

Edited by Thorsten2, 28 September 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#12 blake12

• 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

Definitely share the lowered threshold symptom; the spontaneity. My favorite part of the experience is the sense of 'well-being' though, which is intensified with higher doses.

Well, let's hope that piracetam is like they say, 'as safe as salt.' I feel like a Piracetam junkie...lol

Anyways, good luck with your regimen; let us know how it goes.

#13 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Yeah thanks man. Keep me posted with your progress there seems to be a few of us doing this now. Who'd have thought that Iscochroma would have his own army? :D ...

''Only the energy of Piracetam could explain this unstoppable force and as night falls it shows its colours to the world''. - Thorsten2 2011.

Haha, have to add a bit of humour to the thread.

Edited by Thorsten2, 29 September 2011 - 12:58 PM.

• like x 1

#14 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Ditched the Piracetam a while back now it didn't feel like healthy stuff on my body and provoked bad insomnia and a degree of nervousness. I also couldn't handle the crash that would follow each dose.

For now I am looking to build energy naturally within my body. I feel slightly crashd out at the moment due to bad sleeping habits and overworking.

For now I plan on taking:

am:

Milk Thistle (liver support)
Shizandra berries
Vitamin D
Fish oil
Holy Basil or Ashwagandha (cycled)
Pycnogenol

pm:

Agomelatine 25mg

#15 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Ditched the Piracetam a while back now it didn't feel like healthy stuff on my body and provoked bad insomnia and a degree of nervousness. I also couldn't handle the crash that would follow each dose.

For now I am looking to build energy naturally within my body. I feel slightly crashd out at the moment due to bad sleeping habits and overworking.

For now I plan on taking:

am:

Milk Thistle (liver support)
Shizandra berries
Vitamin D
Fish oil
Holy Basil or Ashwagandha (cycled)
Pycnogenol

pm:

Agomelatine 25mg

Interesting take on your experience with piracetam. I take 2.4 grams 2-3 x per day and if anything I get tired on higher doses. Especially if I combine with Alpha GPC (pure) @ 500mg. Even without GPC I could take, say 1600mg, and go right to bed without issue. If anything it helps me sleep better! Different strokes I guess :)

#16 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

I feel like the piracetam itself isn't causing insomnia but rather not combining well with the underlying condition. You never know, you could be bipolar. In which case all racetams and other supplements should be avoided until you get a proper diagnosis. Then you could eat a good diet and try to do so knowing that racetam-induced mania is a result of underlying bipolar.

#17 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Yeah I'm probably bipolar to some extent, perhaps more so than others (as normal as normal would be). Never been able to diagnose my own issues really. Some aspects of ADHD and major depression in there too.

I can't tolerate mood stabilizers it's like something inside me dies. Anti-depressants make me one dimensional. Piracetam was pretty close to feeling cool with nothing hindering me but it felt like I was carrying something with me all the time (stressing my system somewhat). I can't tolerate drugs full stop really.

Piracetam is decent but only for 2 or 3 days maximum of chronic dosing and then the days I don't take it I get a bad crash.

Edited by Thorsten2, 15 October 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#18 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

What do I take right now:

Tongkat Ali (cycled) - This does a lot for wellbeing.
Resveratrol
Vit D
Schizandra
Fish Oil (gone back to 2g per day
Indium Sulphate

#19 Ampa-omega

• 335 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

nice regimen, i like the way you mention "rebuild bridges" with friends, reminds me of something i have to do also.

#20 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

indium sulphate? what is your rationale?

#21 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

indium sulphate? what is your rationale?

I've taken it on or off for about two years now and I have never seen anything, other than benefits with it.

I mean proper benefits. Not the crap that you hear thrown at you by supplement Z or supplement Y. Remember these supplements were going to change my life apparantly so to actually find one that does everything that it claims to do it does make you sit up and take serious note.

Supplements that have actually got the studies behind them like Curcumin also seem to become dissapointing when I take them. I hate the MAOI effects. Resveratrol (trans -revgenetics) on the other hand, I'll take, because although it apparantly has MAOI properties I definitely don't notice them and it actually has the sudies to back it up. Curcumin feels like I've been bitch slapped around the chops and it makes me agressive towards people (feel very hyped). I might end up shouting at people, so not good.

So what are the benefits of indium sulphate? OK remember the fact I have taken this on or off for about two years. I think if it was carciogenic then the ill effects would be manifesting themselves somehow. Maybe it would be making me feel pretty shitty, remember cancer is going to be pretty hard taxing on your immune system. My recent health check at the doctor's explained that I was a quite a healthy individual.

On the other hand if it is carciogenic (which I truly don't believe to any degree) then you might argue it is building up in my body and the cancer hasn't striked yet. Maybe it might provoke some abnormal mutation. But again, do you think the FDA would have been concerend about a metal building up in a human's body like that? Of course they would! would they have been concerend or at least looked into the long term effects? Even if it is on mice? To be fair I don't know a lot about the FDA and I am going by these values because for me it's pretty similar to the concept of buying a supplement you don't know much about. You do so based on whether you trust the company selling it. If you trust them then you hope to trust the quality too. I assume the FDA would have seen the word 'Indium' and thought 'Oh my God that's a metal it might be poisonous!'. So i'm sure they checked it out and they wouldn't allow something to be sold for public consumption based on some quack spouting an array of health benefits. So people might diss the FDA but it's certainly not in their interests to let supplements of a carciogenic nature slip through their hands. Imagine the outcry of the public?

So those are my thoughts on it. I many people who have taken it for years (not on this forum) and they speak of the beneficial effects too. I suppose it'll always have an extremely small army of anecdotes across the internet.

So what do I notice?

I notice:

a) deeper sleep
b) I wake up refreshed after 7/8hrs
c) My mornings are no longer sluggish
d) It makes me very unreactive to stress that goes on around me but when stress does happen I'm able to deal with it without turning into a jibbering wreck (more proof to me of how it might be regulating my cortisol properly)
e) It gives me considerablely more stamina and endurance when doing cardio
f) I feel healtheir in myself whilst I am on it

Negatives:

a) the dosing is annoying. 1 drop each morning and you then have to wait 10/20 minutes before havingn a drink or something to eat.

There you go, there's my anecdtal for indium sulphate. People who don't understand it think it's a carciogenic compound because it has the word 'Indium' in it.But it's isn't anything like that in this form. There were studies done on mice and it was proved to be non-carciogenic. Very little studies have been done in humans and that is something that I have always been very aware of. But then, there are countless other supplements that have very little human studies on them and yet they'll still get talked about extensively here. The bottom line is that because it is has the word 'Indium' in it people go into a state of blind panic. It's because of this very reason it'll never get funded properly or looked into. I don't think the FDA would knowingly allow something to be sold that was carciogenic like that. For what purpose? To get rid of an extremely minor section of the health market? Do you you think that when they assessed it the word 'Indium' might have twigged with their guys and that they might have looked into it considerably?

But with all that said, I do plan on giving it up which is kind of ironic in a way considering what i just wrote! It's those lack of studies that worry me. I have also found other things that enhance my sleep and balance my hormones and this mostly revolves around what this thread is about. So I intend to go via the lifestlyle route from this point onwards and I am confident I can achieve everything I need to by doing following my rules. The only thing that worries me is that my stress might return, but I can take picamilon for that or some Holy basil. We'll see how things go in that area.

I'll probably keep the Indium Sulphate around and use it if I feel myself going out of whack again. Maybe I should I could keep a log of its efficiacy. I plan on going off've it as of next Monday. If I feel myself declining I will certainly take note. The biggest change that I might percieve might be from feeling energetic and chirpy in the mornings to towards the more mentally slugglish side of the spectrum possibly with stress symptons creeping back. At the moment I am pretty stress free. And the chances of that staying that wayare increased if I just stick to my dietary choices and not deviate away from them. Elimination of wheat and sugar gives me loads of energy and perhaps a more efficiently run hormone system? It is probably to do with the cortisol system specifically. I notice my libido goes to shit when I am stressed and it is known that more cholestrol gets chanelled down the cortisol system if you are stressed so can do other nice things like lower your testosterone. but it's basically all about balancing stuff and that's where Indium seems to work its magic. But anyway, I don't do low carb anymore because I want to keep weight on so I have been eating more potatoes and vegetables. It might knock a year or two off my life but i am vein to some extent and with my weights that I do three times a week I am trying to put mass on not loose it.

Can I just say to the mods that this forum becomes awfully slow when you write a post of this size. In fact the whole site is pretty slow, you guys really need to sort it out.

Edited by Thorsten2, 21 October 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#22 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

My new regimen:

Morning

2.5mg Lexapro
2,000mg Fish oil
2,000mg Trans Resveratrol
160mg Ecklonia Cava
2,400iu Vitmain D3
Itsp Maca

Lunch time

Nowt.

Evening

1tsp Maca
160mg Ecklonia Cava

+ a healthy diet. Tongkat Ali PRN although the libido boost can be distracting so is not always suitable.

I am currently looking into the perils of saturated fats and their effects on your arteries. I think keeping within a certain limit could proove prudent. I love my fats but I don't really have any limits for them and maybe I should. I am also looking into food that boosts testosterone and NO. Foods like celery and beetroot are very good for NO production apparantly.

#23 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

With all though respect but reading from your posts I think you`re a little to obsessed about your health/longevity. Maybe it`s better to focus more on your overall well being, and obsessing about your diet or supplements isn`t helping with that imo. Even considering a raw food diet is ridicilous in my opninion. Eating (together) is an important aspect of social life and by adapting a raw food diet you`ll lose some of that. I know i wouldn`t want some raw-foodist at my diner table when I cook for my friends at christmas.

Just eat a decent diet and stop obsessing about it (counting carbs e.g.) and get get a nice pepperoni pizza with a couple of beers with your friends other week to reward yourself for doing so.

Edited by DaneV, 04 November 2011 - 12:37 AM.

#24 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Agreed.. Don't pay too much atention to my earlier posts here they aren't really that relevant. Diet wise I look after myself and I don't stress about keeping within certain limits. I actually eat a fair amount of carbs right now because I am trying to put on bulk if anything.

My new regimen:

AM

B Complex
Vit D3
Fish Oil
Milk Thistle
Ecklonia Cava
Maca
TMG
Methylfolate
Tongkat Ali (PRN)

PM

Agomelatine

It feels like one big party :-D

#25 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

How is Agomelatine?

#26 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19966905
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21830835

#27 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I don't know enough to comment on the drugs/supplements you are currently taking. It would probably be good to consider adding B6, magnesium, D3 (Source Naturals 2000 mg. is a good one.) and C. I take Camu Camu instead of C, Amazon Laboratories powder from Vitacost.com that I put into capsules. Don't take it if it's brown.

Your diet looks good except for the lack of carbs. I realize that is on purpose, but I don't agree with it. What is going on here? Is this some kind of Manorexia outbreak? I used to be on the Atkins diet, which is a low/no carb diet, and I regret that. No food is the devil. You know what is the devil? The devil. And you know what he does? Makes you eat an unbalanced diet, starve yourself of nutrients, and obsess over forbidden foods. When you say you get jittery and fruit helps, that could be carbohydrate starvation.

If you really have a problem with carbs, you could try eating small amounts of more digestible and less allergenic carbs, like yams, white rice, etc. Warm food is more digestible than cold food. Your body may have cut back on producing enzymes needed to digest carbs. Maybe that would change over time.

I don't agree with the person that told you to lift very heavy objects. That doesn't sound safe.

Edited by Luminosity, 09 December 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#28 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19966905
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21830835

Just was sort of different than other antidepressants I've seen. I imagine it would be great for sleep and relaxation. Sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome are common traits of monoamine-deficient disorders... ADHD, GAD, depression, etc.

#29 StarMitten20818

• 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Bacopa Monnierri 3x daily 300/400mg. With sardines. Piracetam with choline citrate mixed in with your eggs and complex carbohydrates.

Also take a huge heaping tablespoon of milk thistle mixed in with whatever you want; shake, food, water - whatever - daily; it will do anything but hurt. I finished a 125 gram tube of milk thistle over the course of a yearish and it does wonders on its own. Taken bacopa since 11-24-2010 btw...:) bacopa is the best.

Edited by moltiube, 14 December 2011 - 06:40 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Eating tinned fish gives me horrific mood swings.

Agomelatine is a cool drug for the right type of depression. It isn't right for mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users