Not receiving e-mail notifications about new posts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 EricR

• 40 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hello,

I'm not receiving e-mail notifications about new posts

I look through the "Content you follow" page and see many topics that I have set to "Send a daily digest" have been updated recently. However I haven't received any e-mails about the updates.

I checked my e-mail address in the forum settings and it is set to an address that should work. Also, this address had been working previously.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Eric

PS I have had this issue for several months. I'm not sure when it started.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Can you check on this page if your notification settings are set correctly?

http://www.longecity...ea=notification

#3 EricR

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

None of the "follow" items on that page had the email checkbox checked. I have checked them. Thanks.

Was this a new setting (from several months ago) that defaulted to off? So when the forum software was upgraded, my notifications stopped?

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

That is exactly what happened. We need to figure out how to enable everybody's notification settings.

#5 EricR

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

Can the administrator modify each user's settings? Or how about sending an e-mail to everyone explaining the problem and how to fix it? And/or post a notice on the forum front page about the problem?

#6 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

I think it's going to be mentioned in the next newsletter, but a mass PM might not be a bad idea, too.

#7 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

Everybody's notification settings default to ON now.

#8 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

You sure? I saw that mentioned a few days ago in the engineers thread, but I had to turn mine on right after I made my last post in this thread, and your reply at 11:20 was the first e-mail notification I received since August 23rd.

#9 EricR

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

It's only partially working for me at the moment. I am getting a notification for this thread, but I haven't received any notifications for a couple of threads that I am following that have had changes in the last couple of days. This thread is set up for immediate notification. The others are set for "daily digest".

#10 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

I wonder if you must not have seen the relevant posts to receive the daily digest?

#11 EricR

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

I haven't seen any posts about how to receive the daily digest.

I have the check box for "email" checked for "Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests" in the Notification settings. (I have "email" checked for all the items in the "Topics and Posts" section of the Notification settings).

#12 EricR

• Topic Starter
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

FYI, today I received about 20 "daily new posts" e-mail notifications. This is the first time I have recieved them since starting this thread.

Maybe today's forum upgrade fixed the problem.

#13 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

I received them for a day or two around May 7th and thought it was fixed (I have email ticked for my notification settings) but then it stopped sending sending them. I've gone through the settings again and have tweaked things a bit, hopefully the notifications will start up again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users