Photo
- - - - -

Noopept

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Yup, another noopept post. We need more. Theres not enough experience on the internet. I have mixed feelings about this substance. I think I may be dosing a little too high due to not having a scale and just finding chunks and swallowing them. Plus ManicRacetams's reports made the higher dosing seem great! haha. The first few days I felt a valium like relaxation. I literally felt that relaxation in my legs as if I took 20mgs of valium but yet I was clear headed. I've felt pretty sharp but i've also been experiencing minor headaches which some people reported. Today is day 7. I've been dosing lower the past few days and yesterday I only took one dose to see if maybe I had too much built up in my system. Socializing seems great for this substance but like someone mentioned I have felt a subtle paranoia which I used to have in the past that seemed to go away but now is back. Its not too bad just mainly at work thinking people are worrying about what i'm doing, if i'm working, or slacking. Which is semi normal so i'm not too worried.

One day I took a 250mg dose of Rhodiola and it made me very irritable, hot, and increased the paranoia. I'm pretty sensitive to Rhodiola but i'd like to see it potentiated it too much. Those are the effects I would get as if I had taken too much Rhodiola.

I'm anxious to try combining Piracetam with this material to see how it increases motivation and learning. I still think Piracetam is my all time favorite but Its still early with noopept. I might even take a week break then start over with real low doses and be more patient. I'd say my doses have been typically between 30-70 mgs but the first day I think it may have been in the 100's because i was taking chunks and they weigh much more.

All in all I do like it but will have more to report when I can get a steady and consistent lower dose going. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a scale after I get my Bonus this year. Any Questions feel free to ask.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Introspecta

• Topic Starter
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Also I have a question. I thought this stuff was suppose to prevent headaches. Is that in the longterm? I don't really supplement with choline besides a few lecithin caps because choline never took away the piracetam headache it only made it worse for me. I do smoke a carton of cigarettes a day :|o so maybe that influences it..

One more thing to add, on the 3rd day i was reading and found myself speed reading through pages and actually comprehending what i was reading. I've never speed read before only heard of it. Found that interesting. My reading skills do seem to be enhanced but not as much as with piracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

The choline thing with piracetam is nonesens, you dont need a choline source with racetams as its bullshit they make your brain need more, what a good augmenter is, is fishoil (most likely) however that also smooths out other stuff.
  • dislike x 1

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

I got noopept myself but didnt trial it yet, from what ive seen with nefiracetam it can be very promosing, still nefi is my number 1 top substance but can only say for sure after trialling it for a while properly.

#5 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

LOL... Well... :sleep: Maybe I did romanticize the higher dosages a bit. I also tried to force the serenity past the sustainable point but live and learn I suppose.

Thanks for the report, I hope we continue seeing more of them coming through. A scale really is necessary for more accurate dosing because the powder from CH is so misleading. Some chunks are ridiculously heavy and some are lighter than the powder itself. This was confusing but it turns out that half of the chunks float and half of the chunks sink in water (and none of them really dissolve).

But honestly IMO low doses are the way to go. 30mgs split throughout the day or in a single dose in the afternoon is what I have found works best for me.

Also, after a little over a week of mega-dosing with no choline supplementation it definitely had a negative effect on cognition. I'd say for long term use (at normal dosages too) moderate choline supplementation would be advisable. That's at least what we deduced on another thread, summarized in this post. We also postulated that sublingual would be the preferred route of administration but I've since changed my mind about that from personal experience with oral dosing. It works great just swallowing it (for me at least).
  • like x 1

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

The choline thing is just a imminst myth, there's no evidence at all that any racetam needs a choline source.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#7 Introspecta

• Topic Starter
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

I don't mind if the thread gets jacked but I just hope people try to include something about the Noopept if you end up going off topic.

I'm trying to see if taking a little extra lecithin will help the headaches. Like i said before i never had success with it alleviating headaches from other racetams. When i would combine choline bitartrate with piracetam it would seem like i was over cholinated. Maybe the headaches are actually caused by too much choline being released or used. Or.. Maybe our brains are growing in an intelligence causing it too push up against our skulls :unsure:

Any other new Noopept users out their wanna chime in?
  • dislike x 1

#8 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the post! While taking noopept I experienced a minor headache on days 2 and 3 in the evening which didn't last long and which have not returned since. My current dose is, like manic alluded to, is impossible to accurately say but I've been measuring roughly 1/10th of 1/8tsp of powder with minimal clumps. I forget how to divide factions :ph34r: . racetam fail! Two doses of this twice per day yet there have been a couple days I've only taken one dose without issue. That's probably 60mg per day I'd guess. Reading comprehension is increased with this. I am currently not taking any choline, Alpha GPC or otherwise.

Edited by JChief, 19 November 2011 - 07:44 AM.

• like x 2

#9 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

I'd definitely recommend getting a scale, as others have said many times, this mass of this powder is pretty hard to predict volumetrically. Not sure how strapped for cash you are, but a milligram scale can be had for like $30 shipped these days, and is an invaluable investment if you plan on experimenting with these types of substances.

As for your headache problem, I'd first suggest taking a little time off, and then calibrating your dose, before coming to any conclusions. 10mg is such a small amount that I'm having trouble thinking of a common object with which to compare it. I'd be very uncomfortable trying to explain it to someone without a mg scale. I'm only 2 days into my trial, but even 30-40mg is pretty 'heavy' for me, so if you've been taking twice this amount I'm not surprised some side effects may have come up. As you say, there are very few experience reports, so some people (such as yourself) may just be less tolerant to certain dosages.

Your comparison with valium is also interesting to me. I definitely see a bit of a parallel with my first 50-60mg experience (I layed down to watch a movie, then went to bed like 4 hours early that night). Though before anyone gets excited, this substance is not a nootropic benzo replacement; valium was always a bit of a dud for me. But the 10-15mg doses seem much more serviceable so far.

The choline thing is just a imminst myth, there's no evidence at all that any racetam needs a choline source.

haha, that's a really popular idea over at M&M this year, isn't it? ;) And not quite accurate, there's some data which makes it a valid hypothesis (probably moreso than the high-dose fish oil idea I keep hearing about). But the most compelling evidence is the very large number of people for whom the combo has worked. For me, the difference between taking piracetam with a choline source or alone is a ruined day, so suggesting that it's definitely not true because the explanation isn't rock-solid seems fairly silly. :-D I posted a more detailed response to the issue here last winter.

Whether there's a similar relationship between noopept and choline, I can't say yet, either based on research or anecdote.

Edited by chrono, 21 November 2011 - 07:40 AM.

• like x 2

#10 Introspecta

• Topic Starter
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Something dawned on me which is just a theory but I have a feeling Noopept might lower testosterone. Or mess with it somehow. I know this is graphic and my apologies but I noticed that my libido seems down and there is less volume of semen. Even after 3-4 days without going theres not as much volume. Maybe its unrelated but I find it a little peculiar. I remember there was that dog study with Nefiracetam which I didn't pay much mind too, and it turned out I didn't even like nefiracetam but I know Noopept hasn't been studied as widely as other nootropics. Maybe I will go to my doctor and get a Testosterone Test. I am 29 years old and normally a highly sexual person. I'm not too worried about this. I havn't been getting much sunlight and Vitamin D levels are down also I havn't been to the gym in a few months. All of this could play a part.

#11 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

I'd definitely recommend getting a scale, as others have said many times, this mass of this powder is pretty hard to predict volumetrically. Not sure how strapped for cash you are, but a milligram scale can be had for like $30 shipped these days, and is an invaluable investment if you plan on experimenting with these types of substances.

As for your headache problem, I'd first suggest taking a little time off, and then calibrating your dose, before coming to any conclusions. 10mg is such a small amount that I'm having trouble thinking of a common object with which to compare it. I'd be very uncomfortable trying to explain it to someone without a mg scale. I'm only 2 days into my trial, but even 30-40mg is pretty 'heavy' for me, so if you've been taking twice this amount I'm not surprised some side effects may have come up. As you say, there are very few experience reports, so some people (such as yourself) may just be less tolerant to certain dosages.

Your comparison with valium is also interesting to me. I definitely see a bit of a parallel with my first 50-60mg experience (I layed down to watch a movie, then went to bed like 4 hours early that night). Though before anyone gets excited, this substance is not a nootropic benzo replacement; valium was always a bit of a dud for me. But the 10-15mg doses seem much more serviceable so far.

haha, that's a really popular idea over at M&M this year, isn't it? ;) And not quite accurate, there's some data which makes it a valid hypothesis (probably moreso than the high-dose fish oil idea I keep hearing about). But the most compelling evidence is the very large number of people for whom the combo has worked. For me, the difference between taking piracetam with a choline source or alone is a ruined day, so suggesting that it's definitely not true because the explanation isn't rock-solid seems fairly silly. :-D I posted a more detailed response to the issue here last winter.

Whether there's a similar relationship between noopept and choline, I can't say yet, either based on research or anecdote.

This all doesnt mean much there can be synergy yes, but on here piracetam and choline are like adam and eva. Sure choline has been shown to be cognitively enhancing but that doesnt make it connected to piracetam.

Ill stay with my fish oil

#12 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

Something dawned on me which is just a theory but I have a feeling Noopept might lower testosterone. Or mess with it somehow. I know this is graphic and my apologies but I noticed that my libido seems down and there is less volume of semen. Even after 3-4 days without going theres not as much volume. Maybe its unrelated but I find it a little peculiar. I remember there was that dog study with Nefiracetam which I didn't pay much mind too, and it turned out I didn't even like nefiracetam but I know Noopept hasn't been studied as widely as other nootropics. Maybe I will go to my doctor and get a Testosterone Test. I am 29 years old and normally a highly sexual person. I'm not too worried about this. I havn't been getting much sunlight and Vitamin D levels are down also I havn't been to the gym in a few months. All of this could play a part.

It does something that's for sure. I don't want to scare anyone but you may be onto something. Keep in mind I take Tongkat-friggin-Ali! It increases testosterone levels and it is clinically proven to do so. That herb has made me an absolute stallion yet after some time of taking noopept now the semen volume has dropped a tad bit and recently it has felt as if my member has been trying to creep into my nuts! Yes that's horrible to say but this is a horrible discovery. I'm 27 years old and that hasn't happened since high school a decade ago when I was taking certain meds. If I were not taking tongkat ali I fear even worse. Thanks to tongkat (I take the 1:200 Pasak Bumi extract) I still have desire but that noticeable lack of blood flow is unnerving. Normally I feel hung like a bull! I have no problem obtaining an erection though currently.. but I'm not going to mess around. I too am a highly sexual person and this ain't gonna fly. Noopept is dropped until further notice. Thought it might have been a fluke but after reading this I am not f-cking around (pardon the pun). Terrible terrible because otherwise noopept has been a godsend. Tiny little amount of powder and verbal and mental clarity like no other. We shall see if stopping noopept gets things back to normal. :sad: The sexual effects started in about a week ago. Something's gotta change and Noopept gets canned for now. Anybody else? ?

Update (for clarification): the lack of blood flow is not ALL the time but it has happened enough last several days that I notice it and have wondered what the cause may be. If I get "in the mood" then that will change things no doubt but still... the feeling when it happens is annoying to say the least. It's definitely not the tongkat as I have been taking that for quite some time without issue and has the opposite effect normally. Again, I fear what I would feel like if I were not taking tongkat for my workouts/endurance/testosterone and other healthful properties.

Edited by JChief, 23 November 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#13 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

I forgot to add that in the mega-dose thread actually. Slight reduction in libido. It didn't bother me that much since my sex drive only kicks in every 3-4 days or so (I'm 29 too, must be the noopept age or something). Please let us know when you get your test-test results back. I hope it's not due to an effect on testosterone but it's possible. Again, please let us know about the test results and thanks for doing that :)

It does something that's for sure. I don't want to scare anyone but you may be onto something. Keep in mind I take Tongkat-friggin-Ali! It increases testosterone levels and it is clinically proven to do so. That herb has made me an absolute stallion yet after some time of taking noopept now the semen volume has dropped a tad bit and recently it has felt as if my member has been trying to creep into my nuts! Yes that's horrible to say but this is a horrible discovery. I'm 27 years old and that hasn't happened since high school a decade ago when I was taking certain meds. If I were not taking tongkat ali I fear even worse. Thanks to tongkat (I take the 1:200 Pasak Bumi extract) I still have desire but that noticeable lack of blood flow is unnerving. Normally I feel hung like a bull! I have no problem obtaining an erection though currently.. but I'm not going to mess around. I too am a highly sexual person and this ain't gonna fly. Noopept is dropped until further notice. Thought it might have been a fluke but after reading this I am not f-cking around (pardon the pun). Terrible terrible because otherwise noopept has been a godsend. Tiny little amount of powder and verbal and mental clarity like no other. We shall see if stopping noopept gets things back to normal. :sad: The sexual effects started in about a week ago. Something's gotta change and Noopept gets canned for now. Anybody else? ?

Update (for clarification): the lack of blood flow is not ALL the time but it has happened enough last several days that I notice it and have wondered what the cause may be. If I get "in the mood" then that will change things no doubt but still... the feeling when it happens is annoying to say the least. It's definitely not the tongkat as I have been taking that for quite some time without issue and has the opposite effect normally. Again, I fear what I would feel like if I were not taking tongkat for my workouts/endurance/testosterone and other healthful properties.

HA! JChief, You really take the size of your flaccid penis pretty seriously ;) Interestingly enough the size of my penis while flaccid has increased since starting nootropics at the beginning of the year. While Noopept has effected my libido slightly it definitely hasn't had a noticeable effect on the size of my penis (flaccid or not). But it does thin blood in a unique way, so maybe it has some special effect on penile blood flow.

When I stopped the Noopept after the mega-dose trial my libido returned to normal. Can't remember how long it took since it didn't bother me that much. If it's causing you uncomfortable side effects it's probably prudent to stop using it for now but personally I'm going to continue using it while eagerly awaiting for joelski's test-results.

#14 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Ha yeah I just want to nip it in the bud before I freak out any more. I am very in tune with my body and as far as I'm concerned my "meat should not retreat!" I just hate the feeling is all. I'm not running in the streets naked or anything to be overly concerned but I am just being overly cautious. The reduced semen has been noticed as well. It could be other things, diet or otherwise.

#15 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Ha yeah I just want to nip it in the bud before I freak out any more. I am very in tune with my body and as far as I'm concerned my "meat should not retreat!" I just hate the feeling is all. I'm not running in the streets naked or anything to be overly concerned but I am just being overly cautious. The reduced semen has been noticed as well. It could be other things, diet or otherwise.

I totally understand, but please keep us posted on how long it takes to "get back to normal". With something lacking so many experience reports no news is bad news... well, I guess this news might be bad news ;)

#16 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

I totally understand, but please keep us posted on how long it takes to "get back to normal". With something lacking so many experience reports no news is bad news... well, I guess this news might be bad news ;)

Perhaps it's just a chemical reason. And should be temporary if noopept is the culprit. Come to think of it I could understand how libido might go down just because noopept is more "cool, calm, collected" and with high doses (which I never tried) perhaps I could see why this would be. Which is the opposite of a get up and GO sex drive y'know? Focused libido helps me get things done! In an odd way? I'm odd I guess :ph34r: Forum admins listen up! You cannot have ninjas without pirates! Make. it. happen. Anyhoo, I have noticed that the effects of noopept carry over until the next day. I wonder how long I will notice the speech effect. I have also reduced piracetam since my wife claims I am way more irritable these days. And as much as I hate to admit it I believe she's right. She has no clue racetams have been known to affect this but I sure do. I may start a new thread on that aspect. I've been taking racetams for over 2 months now. It would seem a good thing never lasts. Things were just fine until that first bout I posted about a couple weeks ago when I combined piracteam and aniracetam and had the worst bout of irritability ever. Think 'roid rage! It all came to a head a couple days ago when I got so irritated that the house was cold I ripped the space heater cord out of the wall and said multiple curse words and retreated to the bedroom. My mood has been OK but I am more impatient now and thinking I need to lay off everything and take a break. My new plan is to see how long these "verbal" "free flowing speech" effects last ceasing everything. While I calm down for a bit I am going to be trying out the Uridine+DHA+Vitamin D with K2 I just ordered to see how it affects well-being. And after a couple weeks throw in some citicoline. Then perhaps some idebenone and PQQ. And sulbutiamine occasionally. Even though racetams have a very specific benefit that I enjoy the complete racetam/noopept detox starts now! Let's see how long it lasts ;)

Edited by JChief, 23 November 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#17 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

So does Noopept cause you to write rambling walls of text?

SCNR

Also how can something that does cause paranoie like

Its not too bad just mainly at work thinking people are worrying about what i'm doing, if i'm working, or slacking. Which is semi normal so i'm not too worried.

help with socializing???

Edited by nupi, 23 November 2011 - 09:27 AM.

• dislike x 2

#18 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

So does Noopept cause you to write rambling walls of text?

SCNR

Also how can something that does cause paranoie like

Its not too bad just mainly at work thinking people are worrying about what i'm doing, if i'm working, or slacking. Which is semi normal so i'm not too worried.

help with socializing???

I am known to ramble at times but I feel I have plenty to contribute here. Noopept has not caused me to feel paranoid at all. I could see how socializing was improved because it takes the anxiety out of the equation and more confident in my ability to convey whatever it is I want to say without stumbling. Just my two cents..

Edited by JChief, 23 November 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#19 Introspecta

• Topic Starter
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

Today Is my second day without Noopept. I wouldn't anxiously await my Test because it will take a few weeks to get an appointment and by that time things will be normal. So in order for me to do it correctly I'd have to schedule a test then take noopept for a few weeks in order for it to be accurate.

I can honestly say though I didn't get much benefit from the noopept. At first it seemed great but then just made me feel.. Its hard to say. Just different. It seemed like a decent anti-depressant and while the first day It made me more social that seemed to dwindle down.

I would'nt be surprised if this stuff does bind the gaba(A) receptors or do something in that area which is known to reduce libido but as far as the testosterone thing I'm not sure.

Luckily that is just the icing on the cake to make me stop. I may give another small trial with micro doses. 5-10mg a day tops during the warmer weather. I struggle enough in the winter with motivation and happiness I don't need some supplement making me feel off.

Also J-chief you said you reduced Piracetam but I would think it is the noopept causing the irritibility. I've never been irritable from Piracetam but then again everyones diffferent. If you ended up throwing Citocholine in there that would make me super irritable.

I've gone through phases of taking alot of supplement to not and i've found I feel the best with just straight ol piracetam, vitamin D, AShwagandha(Probably similiar to Tongat Ali with other added benefits)

I think we do get out of hand with our Supplements but hey whatever works for ya. More Noootropics definitely isn't better in my case.

Oh one more key thing I should add is that I'm on Suboxone 6mgs a day. Now this has been known to lower testeostorone but i've never noticed anything like this until recent and also my dose is being reduced which has brought my libido up somewhat before I started the Noopept.

Thanks alot guys for posting. I figured people would just say. Oh its probably other reasons, yada, yada. Gotta love us human guinea pigs risking are manhood for the sake of Science and Wellbeing and Cognition.

Conclusion- Not known if Noopept lowers testosterone but may be suspect. If it works for you then Try it out and stay at low doses.

Get a scale.

Anyone know where i can get a scale? The cheapest that measure .0001 if not that then .001 that is fairly accurate but not super expensive?

#20 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Several neurotransmitters are implicated in sex drive, and even erection strength (NO). I would suspect these before a lowering of testosterone. I've only been taking noopept for about 5 days. It may be lowering my sex drive somewhat, but I'm not sure. Several other things I'm on right now do this as well, so I'll need to take it longer. It at least isn't as dramatic as others reported here, at least not yet.

There are lots of nootropics that probably aren't great for sex drive. Just keep in mind that noopept can probably be used as-needed, so it's really not a constant vs. never decision.

JChief, it may indeed be worth considering whether noopept contributed to your irritability, as joelski said. I remember that being mentioned by one of the first people to post a report on this board.

As for a scale, just type 'milligram scale' into google. It returns several results for just over $20. You're not going to find a usable microgram scale for less than like one or two grand.

#21 Introspecta

• Topic Starter
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

I was thinking about the as needed dosage with Noopept considering I got my best results the first 1-3 days. I'm going to abstain for a week or two then possibly take a dose for a day. Then wait another week and see if I'm better off that way. The anti anxiety effect was very pronounced the first few days so it could be used for that purpose. I'm happy that it is not addictive so I can actually go about this without having to fight the urge.

#22 Introspecta

• Topic Starter
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Oh to Nupi. Its hard to explain but the first few days it seemed to help with socializing but in the background there was a strange type of paranoia. Its really hard to explain and can only really be felt subjectively.

#23 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Thanks joelski & chrono I too now suspect that noopept taken daily for the weeks I have may have contributed to irritability. Because I never experienced it when on piracetam alone. I thought about it on the drive home actually. Glad we are all thinking along the same lines. And you're right chrono noopept seems to work as needed no doubt. You feel it pretty quick and it has an effect on my speech without question. Not sure if you have noticed this. It slows me down somewhat which is a good thing. I'm still going without just to see what happens. As far as the irritability maybe its the brain backfiring so-to-speak since noopept is such a potent anxiolytic/calming nootropic for me. The opposite effect would be an irritable anxiousness. Something has to give. Brain needs a rest :P

Joelski btw, tongkat ali is in a league of its own. Ashwagandha couldn't hold a candle to it trust me on this! I've tried it in the past and I felt "different" but it wasn't desirable by any means. I've tried all kinds of herbs over the years. Bacopa sort of did the same thing. It seems to not go well with the nootropics I was taking but I was taking in the morning and never tried at night. I still have some of it too.

I should reiterate I do not have any issues with my sex drive. Perhaps tongkat is the reason? My issue was blood flow and some reduced semen volume. Nothing I can't deal with its the constrictive feeling when flaccid that was very bothersome. I had this happen when on Adderall back in the day (days best forgotten). I know certain chemicals in the brain can affect sexual function in a variety of ways. I have tried cocaine as a teenager (I said days best forgotten didn't I?) but I'd say it was less than 10 times. But I noticed the day after cocaine I would have the most INSANE orgasms and a lot of volume... sorry to be graphic but its true. Worked like clockwork. SSRIs would nearly prevent me from being able to have an orgasm etc. Whatever it is I am coming off everything and starting over. Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa a potent PDE-5 inhibiter stronger than Viagra. If I was REALLY concerned about bloodflow and keeping status quo I'd go that route. But it's not necessary for me. This will be interesting to see how coming off all of this feels like and look forward to my uridine/DHA trial before working racetams/peptides back in.Noopept might be a more occasional thing when I resume. I did love piracetam before these last couple weeks. And indeed perhaps noopept was to blame.

To those celebrating: Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Edited by JChief, 23 November 2011 - 06:19 PM.

#24 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

As for a scale, just type 'milligram scale' into google. It returns several results for just over $20. You're not going to find a usable microgram scale for less than like one or two grand.

Ebay even has some below 15USD...

#25 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi!

Are there any new experiances with Noopept?

Chrono, how did your trial work out? Are you still using Noopept?

Medievil did you get a chance to try Noopept meanwhile?

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your experiances!

I will be able to contribute as well in a couple of days.

Edited by Cephalon, 18 January 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#26 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Would be great for your continued feedback. I have taken noopept a couple times in the last week. It doesn't work the same as taking a little bit for several days straight but it will still show its effects even during a one off small dose. Over time I've noticed that noopept is good for certain things and isn't so good for others. The not so good is the eventual irritability and impatience I showed after several weeks of use, and has some sexual side effects that I've already pointed out before. It's not a total deal breaker though and not everyone has these issues apparently. Noopept would be great for someone with social anxiety disorder. It is also good to mediate the negative effects of alcohol consumption.

#27 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

See here for my two cents: NOOPEPT - My personal experience (user feedback)
  • dislike x 1

#28 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you put your noopept through a coffee grinder it makes a much more even minutia to work with. A little late in the game for that info but it should be helpful to new Noopept users.

#29 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Ebay even has some below 15USD...

There is a dude there selling supplements including some racetams and "micro scoops" that don't measure out micrograms, but 10 to 15 mg's depending on powder density.

"These Micro Scoops measure approximately 10-15 mg depending on powder density. We have a limited supply of other sizes. Please contact us if you desire a scoop with a different measuring capacity"

You could also try molding it out of aluminum foil... that's what I tried to do with my picamilon and no 1/64 teaspoon scoops.

Edited by absent minded, 20 January 2012 - 02:22 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

Ok, first impression: WOW!

This stuff appears to be the closest to meet the criteria that were set by Giurgea for a "nootropic" (that I tried so far ... I curious about the other peptides now)

Started with 25mg sublingual. The taste is bad, but tolerable. It reminds me of something, but I'm not sure. Codeine drops? 10g Piracetam in orange juice? It's ok.
About 10-15 minutes later I got a light version of the"NZT effect" like Bradly Cooper in Limitless. ... I was blind, but now I can see :)
I thought the sky clouded up, because everything was bright. The vision improvement was the first thing I noticed.
A few minutes later a car drove by which left me with goosebumps all over because I felt the vibration of the engine "in every cell".
Crazy experiance. I was prepared to see white mice and pink elephants, but was relieved, that the effects plateaued.
I felt very calm the next 4 hours and studied very efficiently. I really got some stuff done, which was great.
That was two days ago. After that initial dose, I did not notice as intense visual or auditive sensations after redosing.

I found out that it works really nice with Piracetam, which results in an even clearer, more concentrated state of mind.
I noticed that I drifted off a few time when using Noopept alone. I had the same effect as another user reported: What was I just going to do?
But that subsided after adding the Piracetam at 1200mg every 2 hours.

Are there any risks associated with elevated BDNF and NGF? Brain cancer?
While I realy enjoy the effect, I wouldn't continue if I knew I had to eat my meals through a straw in a few years ....

And I definately experiance gas, which is a bit unpleasant ... :) How can that tiny bit of powder do such havoc to my intestines?
  • like x 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users