Photo
- - - - -

Nootropics yield diuretic effects?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hyoomen

• 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:22 AM

Out of curiosity, have any other nootropic users (especially those who are only recent users) found some of these substances to be diuretic in anyway? Specifically, there has been some concern among one group I banter along with that attack doses of Piracetam brought about significant urination over the course of the next day and night. I personally didn't experience this (though I admittedly stay quite hydrated), but I was wondering if anybody else experienced this.

Thanks.

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:10 AM

I have experience Piracetam induced peeing sprees and subsequent dehydration, as has my brother, certain people seem more susceptible.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hyoomen

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:11 AM

Interesting. Other than increased blood flow (and thus sodium/fluid depletion?), I wonder what the mechanism behind this could be.

#4 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:15 AM

I don't know if modafinil qualifies as a nootropic, but it has a noticeable diuretic effect, particularly in the 200mg dosage.

100mg dosage is not so significant.

I have not really noticed a diuretic effect from the combination of piracetam, hydergine and centrophenoxine.

#5 jolly

• 154 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:34 AM

Modafinil gives me dry mouth.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

Aldosterone.

Piracetam is both dependent on healthy adrenals and taxes them by making them output large amounts of Aldosterone which causes fast fluid cycling.

Back on saturation Piracetam dosing of 5.5g x 6 / day - every 3 hours - and my fluid cycling has quadrupled.

Exhausted adrenals means poor Piracetam effects including fogginess / sleepiness or no good effects at all.

Adrenal fatigue / exhaustion is caused by stimulant use - caffeine in particular - stress and lack of sleep.

Caffeine is the main reason so many fail on racetams - especially Piracetam which is the most highly adrenal-dependent of them all. And also the only one with accelerant function.

I take zero caffeine, zero stimulants and zero alcohol.

Most of the population are caffeine users which means they have ruined adrenals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users