* * * * * 2 votes

Stimulate Growth Factors for Tendon/Tissue healing

growth factor tendon

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 scouser

• 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Has anybody tried heat or hot/cold therapy for healing?
How exactly did that go and did that help?

Yes, I have. this year in fact, My knee and ankle has gone a few times each year and leads me to be off my feet for up to 8 weeks. so i use cold therapy and little heat.

Instructions.

get a couple of 2ltr (ish) plastic bottles fill with water and freeze (do this and put away for emergency)
When in pain, I get a bucket with cold water in and put in both pre frozen bottles. this cools the water down a lot. then plunge the whole affected area into it for 10 seconds or so and take out. I have a towel by side of bowl at the ready. do this as many times as you can during the day. this reduces the swelling (i dont need pain killers with this, before I was using like sweets). the purpose of this also is that your body, when damaged sends fluid to the affected area to protect it (swelling) this can also cause pain. the cold water makes the body flush the fluid away from the area., you can also use some warm water (after the cold) as this helps the body to fill the affected area with fresh clean blood to promote new healing.

Also, get some small paper cups. I get mine free from coffee shops (shots come in them) fill with water and freeze. I rip some of the paper to expose ice and rub directly onto the area of pain. the remaining paper stops the ice from slipping from fingers. this help with pain relief a lot.

Im not an expert, but this above has all helped me a lot

Good luck

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#62 computeTHIS

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Are you sure the injury has cured? Or do you just experience the pain-killing effects of cissus?
What is your daily dose?

I've only been taking 2 caps a day (half the recommended dose) and some days I go without it. The pain does not return. It's unclear to me if it simply has long lasting pain-killing effects or it actually facilitates healing. Apparently though, it has significant effects on insulin-like growth factor (IGF) in human osteoblasts: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22015109

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: growth factor, tendon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users