- - - - -

Piracetam makes some people slower?

piracetam slower thinking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

The little I experimented with modafinil, I always became incredibly slow and stupid, I just couldn't think clearly. Incredible energy, though, just not mentally.

Now, after a year of piracetam supplementation at 2400mg twice a day (morning & evening), getting off for 6 months and getting on again,
I discovered that it causes a familiar slowness and brain fog to a certain lower degree, WITH OR WITHOUT choline (tried CDP choline, alpha GPC and ALCAR).
These days I often find myself in the basement / fridge, having no longer a clue what I'm looking for + I was at a quiz recently and had to think WAY too hard.
I'm pretty much done with piracetam because of these findings.

I did like the positive effects of piracetam a lot, but there's definitely something going on with brain fog / short term memory as well.
It's as if my brain sometimes gets "lost".

I think I'm definitely in the minority, though, most people only find positives.
Maybe there's a correlation between if modafinil makes you "slower", piracetam will too?

Edited by Baten, 17 December 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#2 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

mean you not need any smart drug,your old brain already faster :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nickthird

• 249 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

that made me laugh

#4 Baten

• Topic Starter
  • 785 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

that made me laugh

Looking back, seems a bit like a rambling of an old geezer hah...

I'm actually in my twenties, that's why it's very noticeable when it's supplements that make me slower, and not my relatively "young" brain on its own,
I'm a healthy person with no history of drugs or accidents to have caused brain trauma.

When I stop taking piracetam, my brain seems to be better off either way, just sharing my experience.

#5 nickthird

• 249 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

I meant the comment the other guy made, because it was so silly.

Man neurotransmitters are for communication between neurons, that means they have no 'set' purpose. Your brain could be using the same ones for a different message, so it would make sense you may have a different response for a substance that changes some neurotransmitters.

I see you are from Belgium, which is relatively quite genetically mixed, its not that unlikely your ethnic background is unique, and the brain is probably the most diverse organ in humans.

---

Getting slow is still better then no reaction at all, it means you do the reverse a swell:
I would check out what exactly piracetam does and find a substance that does the opposite, as you might react well to it.

#6 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

piracetam has inverted U response curve which means that more is not necessarily better. 2400 mg would make me dumb too, so I use no more than 1200 mg every four hours.
try lower dose.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

piracetam has inverted U response curve which means that more is not necessarily better. 2400 mg would make me dumb too, so I use no more than 1200 mg every four hours.
try lower dose.

+1

I tested doses from 800mg/day to 9.600mg/day and for me a high dose (more than 1600mg in one dose) increases creativity but decreases memory recall.

So for me 1200mg twice a day seems to have the best effect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, slower thinking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users