Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

Epitalon (Split from Astragalus thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

#1501 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:43 PM

As for thymus regeneration, there is certainly something to be said for it. I've experimented with it and it looks like the pathway to achieving the euphoria of youth and can cause a shedding of various skin abnormalities that come with aging.

So I guess these peptides are coming from E. Coli these days and aren't tissue extracts?

Might as well go with melatonin which is equally capable of restoring it.

#1502 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:38 AM

unfortunately high doses of Melatonine are risky in regard of tumor growth, according to Khavinson.

#1503 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Epitalon is also a peptide and comes reconstituted in vials, is it delivered on ice and doesn't it need to be stored in -20c? Cortexin is the same way. I wonder if these sellers are delivering this stuff properly.

In response to melatonin, I typically only go with about 3mg per night which is considered a mid range dose, with 5 being a bit too high for most people, keeping them awake instead of making them sleepy.

Edited by Nate-2004, 02 August 2017 - 07:06 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#1504 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

Peptides never comes already reconstituted but in powder form for the very reason that after reconstitution refrigeration is mandatory and their shelf life is very short.

Even when in powder form most peptides need refrigeration but they degrade at a much slower rate and are able to maintain decent viability at mild temperatures for a few days (shipping).

#1505 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

When I looked up Cortexin and Epitalon sales they stated that they come in vials, I assume then that these are freeze dried powders where water needs to be re-added?

#1506 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

Yes, the vials contain powder which needs to be reconstituted before use with bacteriostatic water.

#1507 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

Selfhacked has a very recent article on Epitalon but doesn't mention telomere lengthening. 

#1508 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

unfortunately high doses of Melatonine are risky in regard of tumor growth, according to Khavinson.

Can you please link it? I would love to read it

#1509 YOLF

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:13 AM

As for thymus regeneration, there is certainly something to be said for it. I've experimented with it and it looks like the pathway to achieving the euphoria of youth and can cause a shedding of various skin abnormalities that come with aging.

So I guess these peptides are coming from E. Coli these days and aren't tissue extracts?

Might as well go with melatonin which is equally capable of restoring it.

How much has to be used? GH can have side effects and be pro aging if you use too much...

#1510 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

How much has to be used? GH can have side effects and be pro aging if you use too much...

I think 10mg, which my old relative is taking. Now it's also supposed to restore the telomere length in his eyes but even after half a year of this high dosage it still has done nothing for his eyes.

#1511 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Many people say, most of the Epitalon sold via the internet is fake - or at least the amount of Epi contained in the sold unit is very low. At the moment i prefer a German seller, whose Epi seems to be legit.

#1512 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:26 AM

A lot of things sold on the internet, especially this kind of stuff, is fake. How do you know the German seller is legit? I don't even know who to buy from really, who to trust. I feel like I can't trust anyone. 

#1513 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

yep, you are right. fake is normal for this stuff. 

I tried more than a douzend suppliers and the best was the German one - that is, if felt strong positive effects about 20 min after application and no negative effects due to contamination. If recommand that you join the facebook epitalon page for additional information about epi and other stuff.

#1514 Dimi

• 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hello,

1. I be back ;)
Now i buy epitalon to : http://www.austropeptide.com/
You must understand epitalon stay forbiden for human used but chinese firms take the peptide walk in general and they want to make money which is a good thing for informed people...
2. Have you a real firm for check telomerase stretching...
Best regard

#1515 YOLF

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

I think 10mg, which my old relative is taking. Now it's also supposed to restore the telomere length in his eyes but even after half a year of this high dosage it still has done nothing for his eyes.

The effects are likely dependent on something he's deficient in, or maybe he isn't getting enough blood flow to his eyes? Might want to look into grape seed extract, perhaps testosterone?

#1516 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

Many people say, most of the Epitalon sold via the internet is fake - or at least the amount of Epi contained in the sold unit is very low. At the moment i prefer a German seller, whose Epi seems to be legit.

Is there anyone who could test it?

#1517 Dimi

• 35 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

I continue with the china and the Austropeptide firm almost two decades of existence;

I will buy melatonin as pure peptide in them because the official distributors add all toxic adjuvants in the supplementation like "stéarate de magnésium"

I advise all to direct you towards the "pure peptides" it is more holy...

#1518 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

yep, you are right. fake is normal for this stuff. 

I tried more than a douzend suppliers and the best was the German one - that is, if felt strong positive effects about 20 min after application and no negative effects due to contamination. If recommand that you join the facebook epitalon page for additional information about epi and other stuff.

The only way to know if something is real is to spend money on it and then spend money on having it tested with HPLC or an infrared spectrometer. The fact that it gave you positive effects can either be placebo or some kind of euphoric effect of a drug. Nobody even knows what lengthening your telomeres actually "feels" like if anything.

Edited by Nate-2004, 08 August 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#1519 Dimi

• 35 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Yes i think the same think only way to know if epitalon is real efect or not is the telomerase test : have you an official firm to do this telomerase test ?

#1520 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

A telomerase test would not determine whether it is in fact Epitalon. Only IR spectroscopy or HPLC on the substance would determine that. The telomere test would be worthwhile though if what you have is in fact Epitalon.

Edited by Nate-2004, 08 August 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#1521 YOLF

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

I was thinking about getting one of these eventually:

https://smile.amazon...=A3B23LUIDBFGXA

Anyone want to pitch in and I'll do free testing? We could apply to do it as a fundraiser. It would be nice to know what we are actually taking... I know that I've gotten supplements with the wrong extract in them a few times. Still a good extract, probably much more expensive one time, but I was allergic to it and it was a top 5 internet supplement brand with thousands of products.

• Off-Topic x 2

#1522 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

I know that I've gotten supplements with the wrong extract in them a few times. Still a good extract, probably much more expensive one time, but I was allergic to it and it was a top 5 internet supplement brand with thousands of products.

Yolf,

What brand was it?    

• Off-Topic x 2

#1523 YOLF

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

I know that I've gotten supplements with the wrong extract in them a few times. Still a good extract, probably much more expensive one time, but I was allergic to it and it was a top 5 internet supplement brand with thousands of products.

Yolf,

What brand was it?    

While I was allergic to this one mislabelled product, I've ingested far more things that I'm allergic to simply because I didn't realize it was possible to be allergic to them. Allergies or potential to develop immune response to proteins in certain plants is predictable, but no warning exist. Consumers ingest them and think this one does or doesn't work for them, or they'll find that it works with minor side effects and continue to expose themselves until the allergy gets worse. Warning for plants which are related to allergies that can be tested should be labelled as such to overcome consumer ignorance or lack of consumer education. I'm sure there will be an immediate short term loss in sales volume as they learn about their health and make connections to their allergies, but the end result will be more people being confident about the efficacy of their purchases, and thus greater willingness to invest in their health. So regulation of this sort will actually help the industry make more money.

I still buy from them, they have a lot of great and unique supplements, a guarantee, participate with philanthropy groups, and good prices. Mistakes happen and I take alot of supps, so I'm more likely to experience these things than most, but it was Swanson. They do refunds for stuff purchased within a year too.

• Off-Topic x 2

#1524 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

Anyone want to pitch in and I'll do free testing? We could apply to do it as a fundraiser. It would be nice to know what we are actually taking... I know that I've gotten supplements with the wrong extract in them a few times. Still a good extract, probably much more expensive one time, but I was allergic to it and it was a top 5 internet supplement brand with thousands of products.

Mmmmmh I dunno, the reviews for it kind of suck. I assume it's an IR spectroscope of some kind? It has a limited wavelength range. Would it do most of what we need for identifying various substances?

Side question out of personal interest, would it be able to detect percentages of specific chemicals? Like in CBD oil would it tell you how much CBD or THC?

Edited by Nate-2004, 08 August 2017 - 11:36 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#1525 YOLF

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

Mmmmmh I dunno, the reviews for it kind of suck. I assume it's an IR spectroscope of some kind? It has a limited wavelength range. Would it do most of what we need for identifying various substances?

Side question out of personal interest, would it be able to detect percentages of specific chemicals? Like in CBD oil would it tell you how much CBD or THC?

Well, I wouldn't be able to test anything cannabis related. It's illegal, and probably not good for you anyways... or there is something better... cannabis impairs your immune system and allows dysfunctional cells to survive and recruit stem cells to their pathologies. It's repairable, but complicated... simply not worth using as medicine.

Anyways, you'd need a separation method such as vaporizing the material with heat to determine what's in more complicated things. But some lyophilized peptides should be more discernable. This would be able to do alot, though perhaps not everything. More spectrum, more certainty. This would be an inexpensive start, but we could look at better, more expensive machines.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#1526 YOLF

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

To answer what this is, infrared is everything above 700nm until 10,000,000nm, ultraviolet is from 10 to 400nm. So with an advertised range of 325-1020 it is a visible light spectrometer that will also include partial IR and UV spectra. Compared to the arenal used by some of our advertisers, this is somewhat limited, but offers an inexpensive starting point that increases the difficulty level of those trying to rip people off. You wouldn't just be able to stick salt in a bottle and call it peptides. To get an idea of how accurate this could be, consider all the different colors of white you are able to detect when looking at your bulk supplements. HMB has a different color of white than say, taurine and so on. This will be a high performance digital analysis of those differences which would then be compared to spectra from other labs, colleges, and government organizations using software. 

What will happen is it will return a list of probable results based on the nearness of the spectra. If the first one is what you thought you bought at a high percentage match, that's probably what it is. Having more methods such as vaporizing it or bouncing other spectrums of radiofrequency off of it or through it will give you further certainty. For instance, if you test something and get a near match in the spectra but it has a boiling point of 300C instead of 200C at standard temperature and atmospheric pressure, then you know it's not what you bought and you got tricked. So the question is, how expensive is it to fake the product as opposed to making or obtaining the real thing?

Is a research chemical company really selling to researchers or just biohackers, patients, and self health enthusiasts who want more than modern medicine is able to provide? It helps to know who else is buying it, and testing with something like this will ensure that they don't have a real version for labs and a fake version for everyone else. Most research chemical companies will send you a notice that their product is not intended for human consumption and that by receiving the product you agree not to give it to humans. I would assume this is for legal protection as labs need materials that could be used in humans, otherwise their work would be less likely to translate to humans or be more likely to give complicated results from impurities. The difference comes down to whether or not the research lab buys an insurance policy for the research when they use it in humans in case something goes wrong.  

• unsure x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#1527 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

This is not entirely off topic people, seriously, you guys are draconian with the rating system, we're talking about ways to test which Epitalon is legit, not to mention other things.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1528 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

I may try that. Anything in an attempt to resolve ET issues for me. I also just had a concussion recently so who knows.  Off topic from Epitalon though. Doesn't look like Epitalon is as easy to get.

Epitalon that works is available from numerous US vendors, Ceretropic being the most prominent.

• Agree x 1

#1529 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:34 AM

10 mg = 30 IU is a great and likely dangerous overdose, as would be shown by IGF-1 blood tests.

0-.5-3 IU is more likely going to improve IGF-1 levels into what are regarded as normal healthy youthful levels. 

#1530 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

10 mg = 30 IU is a great and likely dangerous overdose, as would be shown by IGF-1 blood tests.

0-.5-3 IU is more likely going to improve IGF-1 levels into what are regarded as normal healthy youthful levels. 

Do you realize we're talking melatonin and not growth hormone?

• Off-Topic x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users