- - - - -

Where are the nootropic moderators?

moderators

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

It's like the wild west over there right now. Posts about snorting ritalin, etc... Seems like we've been missing regular moderators for nearly a month over there?

#2 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

I volunteered to be a moderator months ago but is hasn't happened. They have no female moderators. All males.

Edited by Luminosity, 09 January 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Sorry, I don't know what's become of chrono. You did the right thing by reporting the ritalin-snorting thread. I notice that the community voted the snorting post down pretty hard, and there was a very good response to it, explaining exactly why snorting of stimulants is a bad idea. Even though the mods were out to lunch, I'm proud of the way our nootropic community responded. I've made two posts in that thread non-visible, and changed the title of the thread to make it seem less promotional of stim abuse. It's up for discussion with the other mods as well.

We have female mods, but they are all MIA, like many of the males.

#4 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

There appear to be no active female moderators.

#5 ZRTMWA

• 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

I made a post that included a link and thus had to be approved by a moderator since I am a new member. I made the post around a week ago and it still hasn't been approved. It was in my "GABA and Phenibut" thread.

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

We are considering all people that we know of that have expressed an interest. Can you guys name some other good nominees for nootropics in particular? This person would help get posts with links approved or not too.

#7 ZRTMWA

• 30 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

I made a post that included a link and thus had to be approved by a moderator since I am a new member. I made the post around a week ago and it still hasn't been approved. It was in my "GABA and Phenibut" thread.

BUMP

Still waiting for my post to be approved...

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

BUMP

I thought it was approved. Can you post a link to the thread? (I'll see it even if it's not visible to you)
  • like x 1

#9 ZRTMWA

• 30 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

BUMP

I thought it was approved. Can you post a link to the thread? (I'll see it even if it's not visible to you)

http://www.longecity...nibut-and-gaba/

Thanks

#10 ZRTMWA

• 30 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

OK I posted the link in this thread, above this post yesterday, but it's obviously not there because it had a link. Can you see it niner?

Thanks

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

OK I posted the link in this thread, above this post yesterday, but it's obviously not there because it had a link. Can you see it niner?

Thanks

Ohh... Now I see what's going on. It's not just that it's a link, it's an erowid link. We've been having some issues in the noots forum with people talking about getting high, and we're trying to keep the place from turning into bluelight. If you could repost using the more sciency-sounding term "insufflating" instead of "bumping" (which was a new one to me.. ) and instead of linking to erowid, maybe mention "an anecdotal report" or some such, I think the nannies will be fine with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moderators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users