Blocking the drowsiness of an H1 blocker

h1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

I currently have to take a medication that is a strong H1 blocker, which naturally makes me drowsy. But instead of sleeping 5-6 hours a night, I sleep 10-12, and still wake up tired. Is there any way I can take that medication without sleeping for so long. And no, taking a mess of caffeine when I wake up doesn't work.

#2 PhaQ

• 43 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

Modafinil is histaminergic. It increases histamine levels in the hypothalamus, that's one of the things that makes it unique and not just another watered down amphetamine like stimulant.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 OneScrewLoose

• Topic Starter
  • 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Can't have modafinil, D2 agonists do really weird things to me.

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 01 February 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#4 PhaQ

• 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

I was going to say I was out of ideas, but then I remembered betahistine, and I thought that might be worth a shot. Not sure though, its only a weak h1 agonist, and a very strong H3 antagonist. Look into it and see what you think, I'm no expert.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 PhaQ

• 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

Well I've been reading up on histamine. Since it never seemed to have much recreational potential, I didn't spend years of my youth studying it like other neurotransmitters. Betahistine sounds like it might help a lot. H3 antagonists block the histamine autoreceptors, thereby increasing histamine in the CNS, which promotes wakefulness and vigilance. Give it a shot, the stuff is dirt cheap. I might get some to see if it helps with my own somnolence issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users