• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

List of dangerous combinations with Deprenyl?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jubai

• 130 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:56 PM

I intend on getting some Deprenyl, and I know that this MAO-B inhibitor can be dangerous with many substances.

So in short, I'm trying to make a list of what not to take with Deprenyl.

I know that SSRIs are bad, but I'm probably not aware of some other combinations.

Here are the one I am not sure of, just to get us started:

5-htp?
Ephedrine?
Kratom?
Caffeine?

Thanks for the help, I'm sure this list will be very valuable for the community!

#2 velocidex

• 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 01:50 AM

ABSOULTELY none of the following:
SSRIs (fluoxetine, citalopram, etc)
MAOIs

Be EXTREMELY careful with the following (not recommended at all due to high possibility for severe crisis / death)
amphetamines
ecstasy (MDMA), MDA, etc
Ephedrine

Use caution with the following: shouldn't be a problem, but best not to go overboard
anything on the MAOI restriction list (old cheeses, etc... tyramine containing things).

Selegiline at 5 mg per day should not cause problems with tyramine, but you shouldn't go looking for trouble. I eat a number of tyramine containing foods whilst on selegiline, but don't go crazy on them. I certainly wouldn't do it with 10 mg/day; hypertensive crises have been reported in the literature at this dose, though they are rare. Not really sure why you'd want to go above 5mg per day anyway.

Caffeine is fine, as is 5-HTP.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jokerace

• 39 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:09 AM

I was worried about this but I later found that small amounts of ephedrine are fine as well as AMP. I have never tried full dosing and I don't think I would.

#4 wraith

• 182 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:59 AM

estrogen

#5 jubai

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:49 PM

Ok great, thanks a lot for the info! ;)

#6 zedd

• 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

Look at this, I'm not sure you absolutely have to avoid SSRI meds as long as you stay low on the Deprenyl. I've been taking 5 mg along with Cymbalta and before that Lexapro with no problems. I'm sure there is some risk, be sure you know what serotonin syndrome is and symptoms to look for. Don't take it from me, I've had so many head injuries I've forgotten most of them. ;) Research it for yourself and start low and slow.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 ejdavis1

• 92 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 04:13 PM

Deprenyl supposedly will cause a positive amphetamine and methamphetamine indication on drug tests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users