- - - - -

Fixing piracetam side effects?

piracetam side effects short term sexual

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 psyborg

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Please excuse the explicit content, it is relevant.

My piracetam arrived just a short while ago, so I took 600mg at midday friday, 1200mg half an hour later. Saturday I took 1200 mg at about 2pm. I took no dose at sunday due to concern about side effects.
The effects I noticed in chronological order where that: friday evening my orgasm was weaker than usual, less cum. I had an unusually wonderful dream that night. Morning after, same thing weak almost dry orgasm.
Later in the evening I noticed that a muscle was contracting wildly, something in my wrist was jerking rapidly. After about half a minute it disappeared. The it came back and disappeared a few times.
That night, same sexual problem. Dreams were normal.
Next (sunday) morning same problem.
Had some intermittent twitching in the afternoon, but sexual function was restored in the evening.

Does the twitching mean that I need a more regular intake? Will the sexual thing improve with time or choline supplements?

#2 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

I have never in my whole Piracetam Using and Researching career heard anyone say anything about Piracetam sexual side effects. I would say its either in your head or related to something else your taking. Are you taking any other supplements?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Tomas E

• 114 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Having less semen can have many different factors one of the biggest is your diet, as what goes for my sexdrive iits much more on piracetam then without,then again im always frisky,haha.

Edited by Tomas E, 08 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#4 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

I don't know guys. Noopept seems to reduce seminal volume at high doses.... I don't think it would be a huge stretch to imagine some sensitive people reacting to piracetam this way.

#5 psyborg

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

I started taking piracetam again, this time much more regularly (600 mg every 8 hours) and with 150 mg choline per day. I don't seem to have any side effects anymore. I might just have been imagining things, or it may be the better structure.

#6 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

I have never once heard of Piracetam affecting someone in this way. I wouldn't worry about it.

#7 NewRace

• 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hi There,

New Here.

I'm having the opposite effect lately. Having a lot of "blood rush" past couple of days and it's been increasing sex drive when I removed Lecithin. I'll be testing the without Lecithin part for a couple more days.

I'm having normal orgasms though but have been looking for sex more. It's either Piracetam or that time of the year. ^~^

Been experimenting with what regimen will work for me. At the moment I'm droping it to 2x1.2g of Piracetam, with 1 Vit. C and 1 Calcium Pill.

For the first 5 days I was taking it with 1.8g Lecithin since that's the only Choline Supplement I can find in my area. Tried 4.8g of Piracetam but I think it was giving me brain fog and blurry eyes, but then again I might have a case too much Vit A or Iron. I'm also logging my experience with Piracetam here on a different topic. Will observe for a couple more weeks on how it goes.

I think you should monitor at what dose it's good with you or how it's playing with any other supplement you may be taking or have taken.

#8 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

I've been on Piracetam for months now. In the beginning I noticed an increase in my sex drive. But gradually, it tapered off to nothing (and I'm not a nothing gal).

My main stack is Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Piracetam. When I'm not busy I try out new stacks but lately (past month or so - two?) that's been about it (plus vitamins).

I don't want to quit Piracetam so I'd like suggestions.

#9 unbeatableking

• 238 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Please excuse the explicit content, it is relevant.

My piracetam arrived just a short while ago, so I took 600mg at midday friday, 1200mg half an hour later. Saturday I took 1200 mg at about 2pm. I took no dose at sunday due to concern about side effects.

The effects I noticed in chronological order where that: In the evening I noticed that a muscle was contracting wildly, something in my wrist was jerking rapidly. I came. My orgasm was weaker than usual, less cum. After about half a minute it disappeared. Then I noticed that a muscle was contracting wildly again, something in my wrist was jerking rapidly. I came again.

That night, same sexual problem. Dreams were normal.
Next (sunday) morning same problem.
Had some intermittent twitching in the afternoon, but sexual function was restored in the evening.

Does the twitching mean that I need a more regular intake? Will the sexual thing improve with time or choline supplements?

Fixed it for you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 rfuhrmanl

• 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

I didn't know what are the side effects of using piracetam but we used it when my grandfather was confined at the hospital.
male health

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, side effects, short term, sexual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users