• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Anyone know a place that can perform chemical analysis in OZ

bulk powders purity testing australia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 humph

• 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi All,

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

A quick q - Has anyone here sent any bulk powders off to Au chemical analysis companies for purity testing?

If so, can you give me an indication of the cost and who performed the analysis.
Being unversed in the ways and whos of the chemical manufacturing and analysis industry has made this a not so trivial task.

Thanks.

#2 Verne

• 102 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

I was thinking about testing the legitimacy of my products but couldn't be bothered going through all the trouble when they were quite plainly working anyway (Though it would be nice to know for sure nothing is contaminated or contains unwanted 'materials'). I was thinking of asking local Universities and the CSIRO. I have no idea what the cost of such tests would be, though. To me it's an unwanted extra expense so I haven't bothered with it. I'll just have to trust in the integrity of my supplier. Bad products isn't good business, anyway.

#3 humph

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the reply Verne and I agree with your thoughts in general. I've found some places that will test, but they're not cheap (700-800 dollars).

It's of interest to me because it's easy to buy bulk (1 kg) powder direct from chemical suppliers and a fraction of the cost per ...whatever ... This is particularly the case with rare nouveau chemicals recently trialed at doses prohibitively expensive when purchased prepackaged from a known brand.

Magnesium L-Threonate and Triacetyluridine are examples of these chemicals.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm interested in doing this. I want to buy bulk nootropics from China because they are like 30% of the price... but I want to get them tested.

Depending on how they test maybe some Aussies could get together and all check in for the tests.

I dunno, but keep me posted on this thread re: any progress on this. Thanks.

#5 donnie_d

• 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

I would be happy to help spread the cost of some analysis.

The only place that I know covers these items would be the gov (including a reference library) would be happy to hear of private company tho

Edited by donnie_d, 04 March 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#6 humph

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

FYI - I brought some uridine in from China and only got as far as inquiring about analysis.

There's a local mob - www.chemicalanalysis.com.au - that were happy to perform the service. They'd get a known pure sample from the US and compare what I sent them at a cost of $500 (the pure sample isn't cheap) + GST.

I haven't got the analysis done. Maybe later.

#7 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

Other than chemicalanalysis.com, is there any other lab that will do such tests?

Edited by tolerant, 15 June 2014 - 08:08 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bulk powders, purity testing, australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users