• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

L-Tyrosine - 1/8 of 'Limitless' scenario achieved.

tyrosine l-tyrosine limitless nootropic motivation drive concentration sociability intelligent speech working memory

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 mkp6019

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

I tried 500mg of  L-tyrosine 20 years ago and it triggered a vestibular migraine that lasted almost a week. Pure hell. At the time, I thought it was just a horrible allergic reaction. Stayed away from the supplement since. Have since learned that foods rich in tyramine are something for me to stay away from. I had originally tried the supplement for its brain boost capabilities.

#92 NoJuan Holmes

• 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

I don't get why people don't actually consider the fact that Tyrosine exists in the foods they eat and is necessary for healthy functioning (conditionally essential because Phenylalanine can convert to Tyrosine naturally)...... but that too much can be unnecessary. It seems a little irresponsible to go... oh, this guy says he had limitless type of effect, it must be right for me!

At least that's the perception that I got from some of the responses of people trying it. I have just received a handful of specific amino acids including Tyrosine, but I arrived at the decision to order them after investigation of my own diet, and investigation to approximate daily suggested values. To be honest, I'm not super confident in any of the sources and I didn't use one uniform, trusted source, so I'm not saying I'm 100% responsible here. Most of these it's very safe to take more than you need without issues, and the ones that aren't you can understand  a little better through webmd and other sources what the risks are.

I mean, it's possible that the OP was deficient in Tyrosine (not getting enough in diet) and his body went into emergency storage mode where it stopped producing as much dopamine. When he started having more than enough the brain had to capitalize and crank out the dopamine while it finally had enough, and when the dosage was upped, it had to begin releasing it because it had more than enough after awhile? And perhaps soon it's building up a tolerance and not producing as much or something...

I'm no expert but this sounds plausible from my point of view.

Also, those with negative effects may have had more than enough, or not enough vitamin C and B vitamins and whatever else is needed to help synthesize the catecholamines like dopamine.

It's also possible that the OP was just in the process of going fully manic and is Bipolar 1 without knowing it and only went Hypomanic at the time. A poker player Dutch Boyd has a book where he had such an episode and then began to recognize his own symptoms in someone else and it sort of reminds me a little of the manic guy in the book.

-----------------------

Somewhat of a side note: I'm really surprised that doing an amino acid "self assessment" or something isn't talked about more in the nootropic community. I mean there are healthy ranges by weight that can be established to approximated and if you aren't getting enough you might need some, and if you are getting enough of another, it may be a complete waste and totally unnecessary to consume much more. There's plenty of resources that will tell you the exact breakdown in an ounce of whatever food you consume. Add them up and see if you have a healthy amount in a given day or week of food. If not, make corrections. Repeat with vitamins and minerals.... THEN maybe experiment a little more with nootropics.

I mean it's all risk and reward, but if people are taking the extra step to enhance their life I'd think there'd be a little bit more methodical approach and a little less... hmmm.... 3500MG of Tyrosine plus whatever's in my diet because I read on a forum that 12g is okay..... let's see what happens" I'm not trying to hate on the OP or anyone specifically too much here, but

Sorry, my rant isn't necessarily on topic, but this post isn't really having a topic other than... "L-Tyrosine... YAY ME!" or something.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

You cant build a tolerance to the essential nutrients or the ones that are the first step because its controlled at that level and after if you have too much . What happens is people get used to the feeling and think its a tolerance when in actuality its still working.And it is evident when you come off.

Edited by kurdishfella, 22 July 2021 - 03:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyrosine, l-tyrosine, limitless, nootropic, motivation, drive, concentration, sociability, intelligent speech, working memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users