- - - - -

The Simple Stack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 funky3k

• 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:10 PM

(First post here, go easy on me!)

I've been mulling over starting a nootropic stack for the past... geez year or so. I'm slow to try supplements what can I say? [lol]

So, to start off I'm looking at the basics, piracetam and CDP Choline. I don't want to bother with capping right now, so I'm looking at caps from smart-nutrition.net, which I found in the suppliers sticky post. Are they a good source? I don't want to be getting a dose of heavy metals with my noots...

Side issues, I used to be prone to anxiety attacks, but since I've fixed my diet (I've hung out on the CR mailing list since 2001 or so) and started exercising, they haven't been an issue. But still... increasing anxiety isn't the direction I want to go with my noots. Migraines, I get them a couple times a year, thus no vasodilators. I'm 24yo, so I don't think I have much use for ALCAR and R+ALA. I'm around 145lbs, that may impact dosage.

Dosage: 1.8-2.4g of piracitam, 400mg of choline. Does that sound about right?

#2 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE[/b] (funky3k)<!--QuoteEBegin]
Side issues,  I used to be prone to anxiety attacks, but since I've fixed my diet (I've hung out on the CR mailing list since 2001 or so) and started exercising, they haven't been an issue. But still... increasing anxiety isn't the direction I want to go with my noots.  Migraines, I get them a couple times a year, thus no vasodilators.  I'm 24yo, so I don't think I have much use for ALCAR and R+ALA. I'm around 145lbs, that may impact dosage.

I have no real panic attacks anymore. I had them years ago. But i'm always careful when taking noops because with the wrong combination it could trigger me. ( just too alert, bit anxious and so on ) . I once had a stack with hydergine, piracetam and lucidril...that made me very nervous.
I have added Theanine and Bacopa to my stack and those seem to bring peace in my mind and body, not nervous, and it does wonders in social situations. << example >> For the last 7 years i work out at the same place, not talking to anybody just being queit and do my training...since the noop stack + bacopa and theanine i do the work out together with somebody else who comes there frequently...and i just start to speak when i want to say something...i dont even think about it anymore.

Dosage: 1.8-2.4g of piracitam, 400mg of choline.  Does that sound about right?

400 mg is not enough ..but maybe somebody else can comment on that ...i use 500 mg ALPHA-GPC and some lecithin

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 funky3k

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the comments drmz. Theanine was interesting although it looks like I'm probably getting quite a bit from the green tea I drink daily.

Does anyone have any info on safe suppliers of piracetam in pill form? Doesn't seem like it should be this hard to find...

#4 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:19 PM

piracetam in pills

www.antiaging-systems.com

#5 funky3k

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:32 AM

Nice site, thanks.

#6 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:29 AM

I've found that in my mid 20's I benefit from ALCAR...in fact it's the one thing that gives me the energy to do as -drmz- said...feel upbeat and comfortable in myself enough to just be able to talk to people without going about the sanctimonious social ritual of prefacing a conversation with, "Uh, um, excuse me, but..".

Bacopa, theanine, ALCAR, and quite possibly, as I've found, something to help with liver cleansing; maybe silymarin, RALA, or even a regular liver detoxifying tea. I haven't seen that last bit of advice on here for stress avoidance but I find it works wonders in that department, well, with this particular brand of liver-detox-tea.

Edited by liplex, 24 April 2005 - 12:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 hiredavidrnow

• 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:41 AM

I also use 500 mg ALPHA-GPC and some lecithin (about 10g/day), and the lecithin has had a significant positive impact on my life. I have been taking it religously for the last 6 months, and I do not plan to stop. from what i understand, it is more effective than taking PS... however if you have the $40 to spare, why not also take PS? ALCAR is definately great stuff, and if you have the cash for it... take it.
I have also been taking theanine, and it really helps with relaxing just as GABA does.
As far as the liver detox, well... that is something we should all do. The cause of diseases for some people is that they do not properly detox and it leads to diseases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users