←  Brain Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Who is Hyperspace21?

jts234's Photo jts234 09 Mar 2012

The letter was written to the professor at MIT provided by HyperSpace21. This was her response, verbatim.

I am not involved. Your email is the first that I have heard of this. -*Name removed

I'm pretty sure this will put an end to the debate about Hyperspace's legitimacy as a student at MIT or this piracetam study as a whole. That being said, I think it should also be noted that a personalized approach to tweaking your own calcium and glutamate levels in regard to piracetam use is a pretty ingenious idea. And it seems to be working for some people. Shoot, I'm gonna try it.

Anyway, now that this drama can soon come to an end, maybe we can focus on nootropics and brain health again?

Thank you for your professional resolution of the matter. Back to business as usual!

jts234, given that this confirmation that hyperspace is a fraud has only just happened, this should have been the starting point for ur persecution attack on hyperspace... and not several weeks ago before it was known if he was guilty or not... you sir should be ashamed of yourself! and clearly you are not a christian since u clearly care not that u will burn in hell for ur sins!:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged" (matthew 7,1)

I understand your sentiment, but now that the issue has been settled definitively and he has ceased asserting his claims, I see no reason to "persecute" him any longer.

In regards to "judge not, lest you be judged..." -- I value transparency and honesty very highly. I never held him to a higher standard than I hold myself to -- in fact, I was very forthcoming with my past experience working in a lab and even provided an alumni email address from my alma mater at which anyone could contact me to verify, at the very least, my attendance, if not my actual work experience there. Reliance on false authority has much broader implications than merely instigating a witch-hunt -- it lowers the level of discourse and burden of proof on people asserting some pretty big claims.

I know full well that my behavior was not that of a model citizen during the arc of the three related threads (and a lot of that is directly related to my experience in less civilized forums), but my issue with hyperspace ended the moment he stopped asserting ridiculous claims about his affiliation with MIT.

spartan86's Photo spartan86 09 Mar 2012

At last we know the truth. I wanted to believe him, but a lot of facts were against HyperSpace.
Thank you all for your input. I'll be more sceptical in the future.
Peace.

unregistered_user's Photo unregistered_user 10 Mar 2012

Not much of a shocker here. Clearly this thread wasn't directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Wowser. I don't know who you are but allow me to make a simple suggestion: increase your piracetam intake.

vali's Photo vali 11 Mar 2012

I'd like to thank the more skeptical members of this forum for their insistance on proof of hyperspace's identity. He totally had me taken. That said, I really hope scienceguy wasn't part of the fraud. I like that guy.

JChief's Photo JChief 16 Mar 2012

I knew this would all turn out to be fraudulent.

Tomas E's Photo Tomas E 16 Mar 2012

I knew this would all turn out to be fraudulent.

True, to bad was really hoping to get out the full effects of piracetam, back to experimenting :)

This is exactly why I stopped coming on this forum since ScienceGuy and Hyperspace seemed to dominate the headlines. Really got annoying.

wowser's Photo wowser 16 Mar 2012

I'd like to thank the more skeptical members of this forum for their insistance on proof of hyperspace's identity. He totally had me taken. That said, I really hope scienceguy wasn't part of the fraud. I like that guy.

scienceguy wasnt part of the fraud... if u read thru the thread its obvious all scienceguy did was to preach "innocent until proven guilty"... and he saved my sisters life... literally

scienceguy wasnt part of the fraud... if u read thru the thread its obvious all scienceguy did was to preach "innocent until proven guilty"... and he saved my sisters life... literally

Hey good to hear. They both stepped on the scene around the same time it looked like. I figured both were a "duo" - I even wondered if Hyperspace was a secondary account created to boost credibility when he started emphasizing lexapro over natural means. ScienceGuy and I disagree philosophically when it comes to health. I would never recommend someone take an SSRI - small dose or not. And I'll leave it at that. Happy to hear about your sister!

hooter's Photo hooter 16 Mar 2012

As beautiful as it may be, none of that is proof of his authenticity. Note that I am not saying he is a fraud. I don't understand why every issue has to be polarized.

Hey good to hear. They both stepped on the scene around the same time it looked like. I figured both were a "duo" - I even wondered if Hyperspace was a secondary account created to boost credibility when he started emphasizing lexapro over natural means. ScienceGuy and I disagree philosophically when it comes to health. I would never recommend someone take an SSRI - small dose or not. And I'll leave it at that. Happy to hear about your sister!

i had to google what lexapro is... its called essitalopram in ireland... and is funny u say that cos essitalopram saved my sisters life! shes taking 5mg with inositol... i cant remember why the inositol cos what scienceguy said went over my head! lol! something to do with serratonin receptors? i dunno! lol! this has cured her and she has no sides... he also got her off benzos without any withdrawals using a natural supplement... years of doctors didnt help her... they made her worse... i think its good that science recommends natural supplements and also drugs... doctors aint done that ever...

So, before we get all pissed off and throw out the data, lets consider what could have really been going on:

1) He was a total fake making up lies for some nefarious reason or another
2) He was trying to conduct an experiment on the members of this forum
3) He's conducting independent experiments on his fiends and pretending they're part of some fancy study
4) He's really a student somewhere other than MIT that is conducting these studies
5) He's working for some shady (Russian) company trying to develop new noots

Depending on the scenario we could still have some interesting data to work with, regardless of the lies about who he was/is.

Edited for clearer wording

i reckon only 1) or 2) are real likely... hyperspace spent a load of time posting his fake BS... but why? i just dont get it... why spend ages making up BS for no reason? i think id like to add a number 6) to ur list "attention seeking"

DoomAndGloom's Photo DoomAndGloom 18 Mar 2012

So I don't understand why hyperspace put so much effort into this thread?

It couldn't be just a manufacturer pushing wares, because... the time it took them to write this isn't worth the 1 in a 1000 probability of an extra sale.

Ben's Photo Ben 18 Mar 2012

It couldn't be just a manufacturer pushing wares, because... the time it took them to write this isn't worth the 1 in a 1000 probability of an extra sale.

Finally someone who realises that.

I think he was who he said he was. No other explanation makes sense to me. This is where occam's razor can be applied (not like with COAs like another, silly, poster suggested to me once.)

And, also, if he isn't, so what? He will be banned, his posts deleted and his IP blocked. Who loses?

hooter's Photo hooter 18 Mar 2012

I think he was who he said he was. No other explanation makes sense to me. This is where occam's razor can be applied (not like with COAs like another, silly, poster suggested to me once.)

And, also, if he isn't, so what? He will be banned, his posts deleted and his IP blocked. Who loses?

A MOD EMAILED MIT AND THEY SAID THEY NEVER HEARD OF HIM AND THAT HE WAS A FRAUD. I suggest you read the thread before replying. You completely misunderstood Occam's razor too.

The letter was written to the professor at MIT provided by HyperSpace21. This was her response, verbatim.

I am not involved. Your email is the first that I have heard of this.

Edited by hooter, 18 March 2012 - 01:58 PM.

Alpha's Photo Alpha 18 Mar 2012

LOL at this thread, though i don't understand why someone would make all these claims and invest their time into an internet forum............

i'm taking around 5g 2x a day, though i'm probably not going to buy piracetam again because really once your brain realizes it has the potential itself you don't need any enhancers, you just need the required vitamins and healthy minerals

wowser's Photo wowser 18 Mar 2012

could be he just one of those sorts who gets off on all the attention... thats why i suggested hes an attention seeker! lol!

jts234's Photo jts234 18 Mar 2012

Occams razor says he's just some rando on the Internet making up stuff for attention. Probably a long time lurker who had an interesting theory after reading a bunch of stuff online and wanted to lend credibility to his theory with some puffed up facts.

I know plenty of people from/at MIT and comparable schools and he sounded like a fraud from his first post (I also was a research assistant at a currently higher-ranked school for a while and based on my limited experience he lacked a fundamental understanding of basic research protocol and more disturbingly, the scientific method).

Occams razor says he's just some rando on the Internet making up stuff for attention. Probably a long time lurker who had an interesting theory after reading a bunch of stuff online and wanted to lend credibility to his theory with some puffed up facts.

I know plenty of people from/at MIT and comparable schools and he sounded like a fraud from his first post (I also was a research assistant at a currently higher-ranked school for a while and based on my limited experience he lacked a fundamental understanding of basic research protocol and more disturbingly, the scientific method).

yeah and my name's peter and im a secret agent astronaut millionaire! lol!

tho i agree with u on the attention thing!
Edited by wowser, 18 March 2012 - 06:36 PM.

My name is Jason and you can reach me at my Columbia University alumni email address at jjb2123@caa.columbia.edu. I am more than happy to provide a picture with a time stamp of my student ID from my undergraduate university, as well as a link to my Facebook profile if you have ANY doubts as to my identity.

(the "caa" in front of the Columbia.edu in my email address refers to "Columbia Alumni Association", in case you were wondering).

My name is Jason and you can reach me at my Columbia University alumni email address at jjb2123@caa.columbia.edu. I am more than happy to provide a picture with a time stamp of my student ID from my undergraduate university, as well as a link to my Facebook profile if you have ANY doubts as to my identity.

(the "caa" in front of the Columbia.edu in my email address refers to "Columbia Alumni Association", in case you were wondering).

sorry but how does the fact that ur name is jason and u go to columbia university prove that u "know plenty of people from/at MIT" and that u "was a research assistant at a currently higher-ranked school for a while"? oh thats right... it doesnt! duh!

sorry but how does the fact that ur name is jason and u go to columbia university prove that u "know plenty of people from/at MIT" and that u "was a research assistant at a currently higher-ranked school for a while"? oh thats right... it doesnt! duh!

I went, not currently go, to Columbia. According to US News and World Report, Columbia is ranked No. 4 and MIT is ranked No. 5 the last time I checked. As a student athlete there on the lightweight crew team, I had an opportunity to race against and row with many talented kids in the Ivy League and Eastern Sprints system (called the EARC, if you are interested) and met several kids from MIT at camps and at races. In addition, one or two of my colleagues went on to pursue graduate work at MIT after graduating.

If you have any doubts as to the subject matter I studied, I have no problem posting a redacted version of my undergraduate transcript showing my course-load in psychology and neuroscience at Columbia.

You're kinda thick, aren't you?

I went, not currently go, to Columbia. According to US News and World Report, Columbia is ranked No. 4 and MIT is ranked No. 5 the last time I checked. As a student athlete there on the lightweight crew team, I had an opportunity to race against and row with many talented kids in the Ivy League and Eastern Sprints system (called the EARC, if you are interested) and met several kids from MIT at camps and at races. In addition, one or two of my colleagues went on to pursue graduate work at MIT after graduating.

If you have any doubts as to the subject matter I studied, I have no problem posting a redacted version of my undergraduate transcript showing my course-load in psychology and neuroscience at Columbia.

i made a promise to manic_racetam to quit with the agro so im not going to say wot id like to say to u right now... aint right how u have acted on this forum... aint right at all... ill just say karma is a bitch and leave it at that... laters bro

and btw are far as i know u just made all of this stuff up but u obviously think ur better than me and everyone else too so wot do i know?:

"As a student athlete there on the lightweight crew team, I had an opportunity to race against and row with many talented kids in the Ivy League and Eastern Sprints system (called the EARC, if you are interested) and met several kids from MIT at camps and at races. In addition, one or two of my colleagues went on to pursue graduate work at MIT after graduating"
Edited by wowser, 18 March 2012 - 07:17 PM.

i made a promise to manic_racetam to quit with the agro so im not going to say wot id like to say to u right now... aint right how u have acted on this forum... aint right at all... ill just say karma is a bitch and leave it at that... laters bro

God forbid I call a bullshit-artist out on his bullshit and am later justified by his inability to offer proof. Granted, I was rude in the process and have since apologized for the personal attacks I made in the process, but from post 1 I have been more than willing to provide the most fundamental level of proof that hyperspace wasn't. He's a coward and his supporters behaved cowardly as well.

God forbid I call a bullshit-artist out on his bullshit and am later justified by his inability to offer proof. Granted, I was rude in the process and have since apologized for the personal attacks I made in the process, but from post 1 I have been more than willing to provide the most fundamental level of proof that hyperspace wasn't. He's a coward and his supporters behaved cowardly as well.

sorry pls excuse cos im "kinda thick"... how is preaching "innocent until proven guilty" cowardly? and how is u acting like a nazi, doing "guilty until proven innocent" and chasing someone outta town before its confirmed if their even guilty "un-cowardly" or "justified"? and how is attacking all the "supporters" of "innocent until proven guilty" and waiting for the moderators to look into if hyperspace was a fraud "un-cowardly" or "justified"?

u think ur better than me and everyone else but last time i checked we live in modern society where we dont sentence persons til their proved guilty... it dont matter that hyperspace was proved fraud... u acted wrong... plain and simple... and the fact u used to go to columbia and have a nicely polished silver spoon sticking out ur bottom dont change that fact... the reality is u think ur better than me and everyone else, but ur not... ur might be a lot cleverer than me but u aint better... u wont find me chasing someone outta town before its confirmed whether or not their guilty... like i said karma is a bitch... peace out

Hey wowser, just thought I'd post some verification --

My student ID (last name removed, of course), along with a racing t-shirt from my lightweight crew team (the "C" stands for Columbia, and the "150" denotes lightweight -- it's the mandatory weigh-in weight. Just thought I'd spell that out for you, given how you seem a little...slow on the uptake).

http://imgur.com/qmzt3

Eat it.
Edited by jts234, 18 March 2012 - 07:54 PM.

RAR RAR BIG CAPITAL LETTERS, RAR RAR !!!! ONE!!111

What does this change? We should've been able to each test whether the advice was bad (have a glass of milk with protein powder. If it wasn't working, ok. Who cares? And now that he's not who he says he is. Ok? So what? Let his posts be deleted and his account banned. Expending so much energy on this is stupid.

What does this change? We should've been able to each test whether the advice was bad (have a glass of milk with protein powder. If it wasn't working, ok. Who cares? And now that he's not who he says he is. Ok? So what? Let his posts be deleted and his account banned. Expending so much energy on this is stupid.

I've got nothing else to do -- I'm on spring break and my flight doesn't leave till tomorrow!

I've got nothing else to do -- I'm on spring break and my flight doesn't leave till tomorrow!

Haha. As my dad would say: "Read a book!"

sorry pls excuse cos im "kinda thick"... how is preaching "innocent until proven guilty" cowardly? and how is u acting like a nazi, doing "guilty until proven innocent" and chasing someone outta town before its confirmed if their even guilty "un-cowardly" or "justified"? and how is attacking all the "supporters" of "innocent until proven guilty" and waiting for the moderators to look into if hyperspace was a fraud "un-cowardly" or "justified"?

u think ur better than me and everyone else but last time i checked we live in modern society where we dont sentence persons til their proved guilty... it dont matter that hyperspace was proved fraud... u acted wrong... plain and simple... and the fact u used to go to columbia and have a nicely polished silver spoon sticking out ur bottom dont change that fact... the reality is u think ur better than me and everyone else, but ur not... ur might be a lot cleverer than me but u aint better... u wont find me chasing someone outta town before its confirmed whether or not their guilty... like i said karma is a bitch... peace out

I don't think I'm better than you or anybody else (except maybe hyperspace, given that he's a dirty liar-liar-pants-on-fire). I also don't have a "polished silver spoon sicking out of [my] bottom," [sic] -- I am just pointing out the fact that I have the requisite experience to judge/evaluate claims like the ones that hyperspace made. You clearly lack the critical thinking skills to do the same, so I don't understand why you're getting so butthurt about all this.