Orexin causes wellness or illness feeling, upregulate to always feel well

orexin modafinil

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Synthetic feeling of wellness
I read that the 28 or 33 amino acid peptide Orexin-1 is what causes people to feel unwell when some other cause is actually a source of illness. http://www.jneurosci...60-458b083c87f7 Thus drugs or genetics that vary Orexin-1 response could make a person feel well all the time regardless of their physiological state. At the developed world most illness is absent immediate risk, so people should cetrtainly feel super well, even while they are ill.

I think it is wonderful that regardless of what ails them, people can feel well. I am particularly thrilled at finding gene variants of orexin that create higher sustained feelings of wellness regardless of physicality. Persons with these genes would always feel well regardless of what was occuring.

The OHSU med research promotional material I found that mentioned this vaugely suggested to me, without naming a specific chemical, that modafinil like chemicals could cause artificial wellness. That is because the Orexin neurons are also the neurons thaty respond to sleep tiredness with modafinil responsive neurons.

#2 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

from a longevity or immortality perspective orexin may cause people to feel eternally young, that is absent tiredness from microvariations of physiology

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 treonsverdery

• Topic Starter
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

does anyone know of any research about warmth lassitude. Orexins reversal of illness lassitude reminds me of the possibility of removing warmth lassitude.

during the 20th century people seemed to think as well as move more gradually at warm climates. Perhaps there is a warmth lassitude chemical or cytokine that causes this. Drugs that redirect that cytokine would then be energetic nootropics even though its warm drugs. Thus it is possible there is a new nootropic with possible similarities to an orexin like mechanism.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orexin, modafinil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users