Photo
- - - - -

Hypersensitive skin side effect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nickygstar

• 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

I have a side effect from mood altering supplements which I can only describe as hypersensitive skin. It feels as though there are things crawling on my skin where my skin is in contact with my clothing. It is very uncomfortable and can be distressing. I can also have it where I feel sensations on my face even though there is nothing on there. This is definately anxiety related as I seem to go into a state of hyper arousal when this happens. The problem I have is that I have GAD and any supplements that have helped it, such as 5 htp, magnesium, even vitamins, cause this skin sensitivity to get worse to the point where I can't focus on anything else. The funny thing is not all things make the difference, light therapy was effective at improving mood, but did not cause this effect. It started when I was intoxicated on ecstasy type stimulant, and was coupled with extreme fear and anxiety, most likely it is some sort of PTS problem. I am interested if it is possible that the symptom is paired to increased serotonin or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users