• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Long For This World - Movie About Life Extension

aubrey degrey jason sussberg crowd funding documentary long for this world long for this world film movie publicity media

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi Everyone:

I just wanted to let you know about a new documentary film project that is in the works: "Long For This World". They have gotten a good start and it looks like some quality work. They are trying to crowd-source some funds to finish the movie. Spread the word and maybe they will be able to raise enough money

Here is the link at MovieHatch.

You can view a trailer here: http://www.longevityfilm.com/

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

I am surprised it still hasn't raised any money yet. It says it only needs $20,000? Surely that is just to complete the project and they have spent money on it already. $20k doesn't get you very much in film.

(Speaking from experience; I just got done helping produce 13 thirty minute episodes for a very, very low budget tv show on a channel most people have never heard of, and we spent about $600k)

#3 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

If you contribute something like $1000, you can get advertising space on their website. Perhaps Longecity should use fnds to contribute to have an ad on there?

I've donated $5. Not much but then I don't really have that much spare cash.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I know that this was on the multimedia section but I figured that more people would see it on the Townhall.

A film is being made about the life extension movement and scientists trying to cure aging. As far as I'm concerned, a film is a brilliant idea and a good way of reaching people.

However, this film has only 22 days to secure enough funding to reach the amount needed for its production. Please consider supporting it and bringing our cause to a wider audience. I know that there has already been one film maker here looking for support but I reckon the more exposure/different takes on life extension, the better. I have pledged $5.

The link is here: http://www.moviehatc...32/task,detail/

If the moderators here don't agree/think this post is unncessary then feel free to remove it.
  • like x 1

#5 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

I hope you get as many posts and donations as there are people bitching about the fact that there isnt enough funding going into anti-aging research, but I doubt it. Such is the nature of the beast! :wacko:

#6 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks Logic...though I have no affiliation with this project or its creators whatsoever. I just think that the more media devoted to this cause out there, the more people will encounter it and the better. I only heard of this film when Mind put it in multi-media.

As for funding, I know little of the finances of places like Longecity but I guess the only time there will be sufficient funding is when we can cure aging tomorrow.

#7 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

There is a difference between fundraising (and 'complaining' about not enough funding) for research and for a movie.

I'm sure its a great effort and I don't want to dismiss its it, but there are quite a few "character-driven documentaries" about our topic out there, adding another specimen to the list may appear as less useful in comparison.

Having said that, LongeCity has made the effort in the past, (and its been worth it) but it was a volunteer effort -- which this appears to be the case here also... until now - 20K to go into a single editors pockets? That means there still won't be money for marketing etc?

#8 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Those are good points Caliban. Never thought of it like that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aubrey degrey, jason sussberg, crowd funding, documentary, long for this world, long for this world, film, movie, publicity, media

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users