- - - - -

Gut problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi folks,

Posting here for some advice on something which has had me absolutely baffled.

I've always had a pretty solid stomach / gut - would almost never get problems.

Around two weeks ago I had a stomach bug, it passed in a day or two, thought nothing of it, and over the week that followed I felt 1 or 2 episodes of nausea, nothing major.

All this week however, every time I have eaten, it has felt like a chainsaw to the gut.

No diarrohea, thankfully, just a lot of pain and discomfort.

No new foods in the diet, no new supplements.

Only changes recently are I started a regimen of heavy squats which were quite taxing on the back and abs (particularly the erector spinae, which werent used to the heavy weight) - and the fact that I have had pronounced hayfever for the last two weeks.

In an effort to help resolve this for the past few days I have tried

L-Glutamine
Magnesium Citrate
Peppermint Oil
Probiotics
Silica Gel

Anyone any thoughts?

I really hope it isnt IBS - since its course is usually chronic, but if it is, I'll just have to deal with it

#2 idquest

• 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I can only say that it is good to understand whether this is muscle pain (or ligaments) or internal organs pain (like intestine or stomach). If this is muscle pain (ligaments), it is likely you might have strained them doing excersize. If this is internal organs pain, then you might need to see a doctor.

I sometimes have a pain in left side chest which feels pretty much like heart pain. But by my observations and after consultings with an MD and an acupuncturist, the likely reason for that pain is strained muscles/ligaments.

The problem with muscle pain is that it can be referred over a long distance from the point of its origin; and often it is difficult to figure out.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

In an effort to help resolve this for the past few days I have tried

L-Glutamine
Magnesium Citrate
Peppermint Oil
Probiotics
Silica Gel

I really hope it isnt IBS - since its course is usually chronic, but if it is, I'll just have to deal with it

Squats are a great exercise, the only problem is that they are so easy to do wrong, and hurt yourself. I can't discount the possibility that some sort of weird injury is involved, but I would still lean toward the intestinal bug starting this, given your report of nausea. Regarding the things you've tried, mag citrate can cause GI problems in some people. I used to drink hot cocoa in the morning with some sort of mint extract in it, until I figured out that it was wreaking havoc on my gut later in the day. I don't know if peppermint would be a problem or not- I presume that was for nausea. I don't know about glutamine and silica gel, but probiotics would be my go-to item for something like this. If it keeps up, there's probably not much harm in bringing a doctor into the picture. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) doesn't have to be chronic; it can come and go. You might be thinking about IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), which is a lot worse. Even that can be fixed in a lot of cases.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 fruitlover

• 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

I can only say that it is good to understand whether this is muscle pain (or ligaments) or internal organs pain (like intestine or stomach). If this is muscle pain (ligaments), it is likely you might have strained them doing excersize. If this is internal organs pain, then you might need to see a doctor.

I sometimes have a pain in left side chest which feels pretty much like heart pain. But by my observations and after consultings with an MD and an acupuncturist, the likely reason for that pain is strained muscles/ligaments.

The problem with muscle pain is that it can be referred over a long distance from the point of its origin; and often it is difficult to figure out.

I also believe that this is just a muscle issue. Muscle pain are sometimes deceiving. At first, you thought the issue is something inside your tummy but actually it's not. If you haven't experienced this pain the days before you started your squat exercises, then most probably it is the cause of your pain.

#5 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:10 AM

metabolism issue. its better to start taking supplements asap as absorption is the best so you dont start too late when absorption has decreased due to declining health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users