Expertised advise for Selegiline

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Procastinator

• 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hello all,

I'm from Herbal Garden, India.

I'm 32 diagnosed with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder without hyperactivity and/or impulsiveness.

Currently I'm on as prescribed by my Psychiatrist,

20 mg Sustained release MethylPhenidate HCL Once a day (6 Days on 1 day off in a week)
25 mg Clomipramine HCL at night (For anxiety unrelated to OCD)

I've no good experiences with Choline supplements. It make me tired with stiffneck and back side headache. Although I've tried almost all available indian herbs in the past some with good results eg. Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Gotukola, Jatamansi, Shankhpushpi, Jyotishmati, HP200( Zandopa - mucuna pruries standerised to 4% L-Dopa). but since an year I'm taking none of them.

Unfortunately higher doses of MPH makes me tired lethargic and more anxoius and edgy. And no ampehtamine derivatives are available in India as they're banned here. I've never tried to abuse MPH just because It works. And i keep one day off of MPH in a week although my psychiatrist has not instructed me about it.

As of being in attentive ADD along with shy nature, I've always low motivation, under arousal life. I want to add selegiline if it's good as per your experiences.

My question is to add selegiline 5mg per week means monday 2.5mg and thursday 2.5 mg selegiline.

I've done enough research about it and It's mentioned everywhere a strict NO for selegiline + TCA. But usual clomipramine doeses is 35 to 225 mg. And the dose I'm on is 25mg only.

I want expertise advise and/or suggestion about mixing 5 mg deprenyl once a week. Every monday 2.5 mg and Every thursday 2.5mg. Only if you PPL give a green sign to go. I don't want to risk myself.

Thanking you in advance.
Sorry for my bad english.

#2 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

i think you are safe to try the route you suggested (5mg per week) when i used selegiline the effect were very subtle, but you could tell definitely it is a mao blocker with other medications (i took some PEA while on it but it cause me serious hypotension, but it was only transient
so be cautious, altough i dont think you could hurt yourself with 5mg per week, i took 5mg per day for months without any serious side effects,
maybe first try to not take the TCA on the day when you use selegiline, and also don't take the hp200 with it, if you experience any side effects you should quit it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Procastinator

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

i think you are safe to try the route you suggested (5mg per week) when i used selegiline the effect were very subtle, but you could tell definitely it is a mao blocker with other medications (i took some PEA while on it but it cause me serious hypotension, but it was only transient
so be cautious, altough i dont think you could hurt yourself with 5mg per week, i took 5mg per day for months without any serious side effects,
maybe first try to not take the TCA on the day when you use selegiline, and also don't take the hp200 with it, if you experience any side effects you should quit it.

Thank a lot to reply.
I'm not on any mentioned herbs these days. Those i have had taken in the past. Recently I'm only in 25mg Clomiramine and 20 Mg MethylPhenidate HCL Sustained release.

Thank you one again for reply. I will not take Clomipramine for the first day.

Edited by Procastinator, 14 July 2012 - 03:42 AM.

#4 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Also there could be some potentiation of methylphenidate by selegiline maybe you need to lower its dose if you feel it is getting stronger
but maybe you will notice that only after weeks of selegiline use

I found a study where they had incresed the effectiveness of a tca and a stimulant by selegiline in a case of depression and there are more studies regarding the potentiation of stimulants by selegiline if you search pubmed

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3997787

Edited by Bonee, 14 July 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#5 Procastinator

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hello Bonee,
Thank you for your help. I started taking selegiline 2.5 mg monday and thursday. Finished two dosage in 4 days as of 2.5mg twice a week schedule.
I took Selgin by Intas Pharma(India). 1st dosage I took without TCA and MPH.
Here is my observation about it:
-Sleepiness and lethargy (slight not more troublesome)
-Din't notice anything significantly till now.

I wanted to ask one more thing Is it okay if i take Brahmi(Bacopa) along with it? I'm planning it to start .

#6 riloal

• 91 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi, procastinator, how are you doing on selegiline? Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Brahmi(Bacopa) is really good for anxiety and to my knowledge it's not going to interact with anything you have stated on this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users