• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Increased cognition with 9V battery?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

This has risen to the top of things I want to try.

I have absolutely no knowledge of electricity/electronics, but would this unit work at all? (cheap) modifiable? too powerful? wrong voltage/amps? I don't have a clue.

http://www.a3bs.com/..._915_15705.html

At 50 volts and 100mA you could do some damage if connected to your head! That would even hurt just connected to a muscle...causing the muscle to contract and clamp extremely hard at full power. And it is designed to pulse. I've had some experience with cheap EMS units and the controls are coarse and can have a tendency to "jump"...thus making it unrealiable to fine tune and I would never chance connecting to my head as I had some unpleasant experiences just pulsing muscles.

#32 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

ok, good to know, thanks, I thought it was too good to be true.

Edited by stillwater, 11 August 2012 - 01:59 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#33 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:05 AM

Stillwater simply take the how to plans to a Radioshack or other electrical/electronics shop and ask them to build you one.

http://www.reddit.co...diy_tdcs_howto/
http://imgur.com/a/CrzTG

#34 Renegade

• 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Very promising. The MRI studies showing increased myelin and white matter density after FIVE DAYS, and speculation of x2 learning speed, frankly, ROCK and could be what many of the people on this forum have been waiting for *waits in eager anticipation of a commercially available product*

Edited by Renegade, 04 November 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#35 renfr

• Topic Starter
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Very promising. The MRI studies showing increased myelin and white matter density after FIVE DAYS, and speculation of x2 learning speed, frankly, ROCK and could be what many of the people on this forum have been waiting for *waits in eager anticipation of a commercially available product*

Yeah, this seems to be the ultimate cognitive enhancer.
I can't wait for it to be released, GoFlow started building it up in early 2012, they might release it in 2013 we don't know however you can subscribe their mail list to know when it's released.
That's their latest update as of 18 august :

Hey All,

Sorry for the long hiatus, we know we've been quite way too long.

We wanted to let you know that we are still working on the GoFlow project, and give you a hint or two of whats coming next.

We've been taking the last two months to "science up" and run more extended self tests. Any risk we can mitigate by taking the time to become more informed and test our device thoroughly is more than worth the delay from our end.

We have been getting tons of feedback to the contrary from some of you, and trust us we empathize. We did build one and use it on ourselves with very minimal research and testing. We can't in good faith do that to our community. We say that fully appreciating the irony there..

We are continuing the development process as fast as our limited resources and time allow, and we will be much more communicative as we continue.

Stay tuned for updates and always feel free to email us with questions!

--
The GoFlow Team

Edited by renfr, 04 November 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#36 Renegade

• 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I remember reading on this or another forum that they had problems with the FDA?

#37 renfr

• Topic Starter
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I remember reading on this or another forum that they had problems with the FDA?

Apparently according to their website the FDA allowed the device for "investigational use".

sponsored ad

• Advert

#38 Renegade

• 182 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I hope so. I'm looking forward to me and others on this forum to start using this and to report experiences. I hope 2013 is the year for this.
  • like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users