• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Neuro-chemistry of post-ejaculatory feeling/state?

orgasm post-orgasm

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 fiftyyy

• 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:01 PM

Here's what happens. Dht decreases, shbg increases, estrogen increases (but relative to shbg), androgen receptors become insensitive, prolactin increases, oxytocin increases, dopamine decreases or dopamine receptors become desensitized probably relevant to prolactin, serotonin increases.

As far as i know DHT increases after ejaculation.

#32 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

Here's what happens. Dht decreases, shbg increases, estrogen increases (but relative to shbg), androgen receptors become insensitive, prolactin increases, oxytocin increases, dopamine decreases or dopamine receptors become desensitized probably relevant to prolactin, serotonin increases.

As far as i know DHT increases after ejaculation.

It's weird. It seems to decrease the first time you masturbate whereas if you masturbate 3+ times in a row without a break then it tends to increase (you can feel it). However after SEX it always increases. Sex is not the same as masturbation, as anyone who has had sex before clearly knows.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

Sex is not the same as masturbation

That doesn't mean you have to have a sour attitude about it.  You said it makes you feel like a girl lol?   Masturbation is a uniquely human habit, one should embrace it.  Like who are you man, ed sheeran?

Edited by gamesguru, 07 April 2017 - 01:07 AM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#34 Intropersona

• 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

Why couldn't nature just make us have multiple orgasm without the refractory period. Such a fuck around, makes me think NOFAP may actually be a good idea... I guess the positive is that you have loads of confidence and energy/positivity but the downside is general agitation, dis-ease/discontentedness, mental cloudiness and a outrageous desire to perve at every women you see and fuck anything that even resembles a vagina.

#35 frenchmoxie

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

For what it's worth, and to offer a female's perspective, I feel horrible after having an orgasm. However, the reason for this is due to adrenal exhaustion. I have no libido, but of course still engage in sexual acts with my partner. If I "allow" myself to have an orgasm, I pay the price. For the rest of the day or night I gradually become more irritable, agitated, depressed, lack energy and motivation. But like others have mentioned as well, the effects don't stop there. I'm out of commission for at least three days. Just drained of energy. It's quite horrible. So, I avoid orgasms nowadays. I will allow myself to have one maybe once every two months.

My hormones are a mess... in that I'm not producing many at all. Low DHEA-S, low testosterone, low pregnenolone, you get the picture.

I'm on hydrocortisone(Cortef), and also have Lupus as well as Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. So, I may not be the "norm", but this has been my experience over the years. Before getting sick I had an awesome sexual appetite! I'd masturbate at least once a day to relieve stress.
Sigh... interesting thread going on here though...

Edited by Ashley, 10 April 2017 - 06:34 PM.

• like x 2

#36 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

hmm.  just curious who told you it's related to the adrenals, lupus or any of that?  the research is lacking, but unless this is something new that just started happening to you.. my guess is a hyper-reactive dopamine system.  among the little which is known, addiction and childhood distress have been linked with the dreadful post coital dysphoria.  and those are strongly dopaminergic conditions

• Enjoying the show x 1

#37 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

I used to have similar symptoms as what PeaceAndProperity have described, I can't say my prostate got swollen, but I did feel tired, depressed, generally more socially withdrawn, anxious, after ejaculation. Again I'm not sure what changed, or how, but I just generally feel better now. The only things as far as supplements that has been different is Vitamin D. Maybe my hormones got imbalanced by benzodiazepine use previous (2010-2012) , but as of 2015 I don't have these problems. However I do still feel more withdrawn and a bit depressed after ejacultion, but only slight, and I experience ejaculation with a woman as quite different.

I can mention that I have an ADHD diagnosis. At the time of these problems my serum testosterone (at ~22 years of age) was about 465 ng / dl or 16 nmol/ L, so those were low-end normal levels. Unfortunately I have not taken another test since because I don't feel the need to trouble myself and a doctor (a bit difficult getting these tests here).

For me I certainly wouldn't exclude psychological reasons, I used to worry a lot about what I was doing with my life, not having female contact and so on, and I could imagine ejaculation could be a trigger for excessive focus on such topics.

Edited by Keizo, 21 April 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#38 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

Why couldn't nature just make us have multiple orgasm without the refractory period. Such a fuck around, makes me think NOFAP may actually be a good idea... I guess the positive is that you have loads of confidence and energy/positivity but the downside is general agitation, dis-ease/discontentedness, mental cloudiness and a outrageous desire to perve at every women you see and fuck anything that even resembles a vagina.

My experience with not ejaculating for long periods is mixed. I will say that I think it is quite possible and indeed likely to get past a lot of the excessive day-dreaming, sexual tension and so on associated with not ejaculating for long-periods. In my experience the first 14 days are most associated with unfortunate sexual fantasies and other things that can be very distracting, but after that it has calmed down a lot.

I have and continue to experience increased energy and I would say emotional resilience when I do not ejaculate for 3-5 or more days, sometimes this is useful. 

I think if a person has a lot of self-control and knows how to direct his attention towards difficult tasks that might reap rewards, then I think not ejaculating for weeks could be beneficial.

Edited by Keizo, 21 April 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#39 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

The emotional resilience is something I too experience from abstinence. In fact it feels androgenic. I almost certain it involves male hormones or hormone receptors somehow. I have noticed that some people who are sexually abstinent paradoxically have increased body hair growth and hair loss. Could it be because... hmm?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Am I the only person who consistently has an unfocused and sensitive day after having an orgasm the day before? Its very distruptive and makes me dread sex.

I know this is an old post but for anyone reading try sex without orgasm or ejeculation. If done properly it can boost your creativity and there is no depressive state afterwards. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orgasm, post-orgasm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users