• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Futile Past Vs. Present... and -Future?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

Well, I was thinking lately;

The past doesn't matter to us in matter of fact. The present does. And where the bleep does the future stands?!

The past shall always remain behind, so all we get from that is MEMORY. When do we have that memory? NOW, in the present! for the sake of ourselves currently.
Then why did we do it then? For the sake of the future? for the sake of the future past? for the past current present?...

When we desire to eat something sweet at the moment, there are two options:

1) Eat some sweet.

2) Avoid eating the sweet...

Now, supposing you are a good immortalist who avoid sweets, but couldn't stand the desire of having that full of sugar and calories cake...

... You wake up the day after, and think- "Why did I do that? I don't have the taste of it now, and all I have is the memory." Which if something of that cake was good- only the memory have. the memory of the PRESENT.

Supposing you avoided the sweet and kept on being a good immortalist (lol [tung] )...

... You wake up the day after and think- "good, I know am better, if I'd eat the cake I'd not taste it for much longer and would have bad things in me..."

So whatever we do we think of the present I suppose.

Now for choosing the correct course to, we better look towards the future, but the absurd here is that we think of the future for in matter of fact having it now. And we are thinking now, and we cannot ever have the future now.
Free beer tomorrow... - - but tomorrow never comes.

However, was thinking on the carpe diem (seize the day, enjoy life now, live for the moment (Latin) eat and drink today because tomorrow you may die; etcetera); Perhaps we can use it in another term.
Simply that we should do all now, because we cannot technically in nowadays act differently... That would be more rational.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#2 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

Was also thinking, how can we possibly go to the future? It will happen NOW, so it will remain the present...

And also- stopping time? it takes time! so it won't be stopped completely. It will be possible to count for how long time will be stopped, thus- time's always ticking.

~Infernity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users