• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Adrenal Insufficiency, has anyone recovered?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Clarity

• 135 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Look into the T3CM protocol - it's a circadian method of doing desiccated thyroid that helps heal the adrenals. I'm not sure if you have to have hypothyroid symptoms, but I have adrenal and hypothyroid symptoms and have been doing it for 10 days now. I finally feel like I'm on the road to recovery (nothing else has worked). The circadian method involves only taking the desiccated thyroid (or something like Cytomel which is T3, but you can use T3/T4) during a window of 4 hours before you wake up. Your adrenals need ample amounts of T3 to do their job and they do this within that window before waking. I hopefully am going to post a thread about it, but it's too premature & I don't want to jinx myself. A british thyroid patient came up with the idea and he has some youtube videos posted (he also has a book, but I just went by info on the web). There are also Yahoo groups on the protocol. I was really skeptical because nothing ever works out for me, but I haven't felt this good in a very long time. Even when I'm tired, I still can think straight. I feel like someone turn the lights in my brain on again. I currently have a thyroid nodule that was amplifying my hypothyroid symptoms , but I have been dealing with adrenal fatigue (and temporary insufficiency) for a long time. What another poster said is true. Taking thyroid meds with adrenal issues is just bad news. I tried taking desiccated thyroid during normal waking hours and I just went downhill very rapidly - worse than before taking them.

Edited by Clarity, 10 October 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#32 Clarity

• 135 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Clarity

• 135 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

I should add that if one has true AI - Addison's disease - they cannot benefit from the protocol.

It's interesting that you mention you have very high folate levels. Me too - off the charts. Dr's say it's fine, but I had found an article saying it was pro-oxidizing when your levels are above the top range. I don't absorb B12 well by oral form, but when taking sublingual (same with folate), it also goes over the top range very quickly.

#34 Clarity

• 135 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

A prospective study in the United States, conducted after fortification, has reported that a high intake of folate, estimated from questionnaires completed by >2000 persons in Chicago, is associated with a risk of cognitive decline in the elderly, especially in those who took vitamin supplements containing >400 μg folic acid/d (60). The rate of cognitive decline in the high-folate-intake group was slower in those who also took supplements containing extra vitamin B-12 than in those consuming the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for vitamin B-12. This is consistent with the cross-sectional findings of Morris et al (52) that high folate is a risk in persons with a low vitamin B-12 status. On the other hand, other prospective studies on folate intake in the United States (61) and on serum folate concentrations in Italy (62) in the elderly found that low folate intake or status is a risk factor for dementia. In the latter 2 studies, it would be valuable to know the vitamin B-12 status of the populations. In addition, it is also possible that the harmful effect of high folate intake in the Chicago study is related to a combination of folic acid fortification and a high intake of folic acid–containing supplements (51). A recent clinical trial showed that those who took folic acid (0.8 mg/d) for 3 y showed improved performance on certain cognitive tests compared with those who took placebo (63). It is notable that subjects were excluded from this trial if they had poor vitamin B-12 status.

After folate fortification in the United States, the proportion of elderly in the cohort studied by Morris et al (52) with a high folate, low vitamin B-12 status is ≈4%. If the same proportion of all elderly in the United States is affected, then ≈1.8 million elderly might be at increased risk of cognitive impairment and anemia because of an imbalance between folate and vitamin B-12. In Canada, the proportion of elderly women that had high serum folate (>45 nmol/L) and vitamin B-12 insufficiency (<165 pmol/L) is 0.61% (64). If similar proportions occur in the United Kingdom after folic acid fortification, then 25 000–170 000 elderly would have this particular combination, and so may be potentially at high risk of anemia and cognitive impairment (52).

http://ajcn.nutritio...t/87/3/517.full

Apparently it's been shown high folate is ok if you have high B12 levels. Otherwise it increased cognitive decline.

Edited by Clarity, 10 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#35 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Mabye Chinese medicine can help. I've written a thread about it below. I'd be leary of taking steroids. Try to get enough rest, eat well, don't skip meals. Try to avoid stress.

http://www.longecity...inese-medicine/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users