- - - - -

Looking for a new facial scrub for sensitive skin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AmericanMe

• 30 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi.

I am looking for a new scrub to remove my sunscreen at night in the shower and just to ensure in that my skin is fine in general. It must be paraben free. My skin is sensitive and it’s skintype 1/ 2. The sunscreen that I am using is Vanicream Suncreen Sensitive Skin SPF 60.

Thanks.

#2 jep

• 45 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

A scrub won't remove a sunscreen, a good cleanser will. If you like your current cleanser, just double cleanse with it and use a wash cloth for mild exfoliation. If your current cleanser isn't up to removing the sunscreen, oil cleansers are very popular. Commercial ones are used on dry skin, then you emulsify them with a little water and rinse them off. Many then follow with their regular cleanser.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 MsMetamorphose

• 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I totally agree with everything Jep said. I was going to write the exact same recommendations myself:

A manual scrub is not a cleanser or makeup/sunscreen remover. I would not even recommend a regular granular scrub for exfoliation purposes personally, as many contain unevenly shaped granules, such as walnut shell etc, that cause micro-tears to the skin. For manual exfoliation i use a microfibre cloth along with my regular face wash. My favourite method of exfoliation, however, is hydroxy acids, ie. BHAs and/or AHAs (Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid etc). I love Paula's Choice BHA Gel (for clearing pores) and Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream and AHA Souffle (for smoothing the skin).

An oil cleanser is what you want for effectively removing sunscreen. (I use and love DHC, but Shu Uemera have a few that are also popular, and MAC's cleansing oil also gets a lot of good reviews).
You dont have to follow with a regular cleanser, but as Jep explained, many of us do. I personally use Avene and La Roche Posay cleansers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users