Photo
- - - - -

My pramiracetam experience, so far.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Polarbear

• 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

I started taking Pramiracetam last week for the first time. I'll break down my experience in days to avoid a wall of text.

About me
I'm 5'8", 140lbs. I work out 5 to 6 days a week. I take Whey protein and Creatine post and pre-workout. I eat pretty healthy; my topical daily consumptions include carrots, apples, salad, turkey, chicken, eggs, 0% fat yogurt, half glass of coffee with splenda, and the occasional bowl of cereal. Also, I'm nocturnal.

Day 1 - 50mg Pramiracetam - Nothing out of the ordinary

Day 2 - 150mg Pramiracetam - Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

Day 3 - 150mg Pramiracetam - Odd feeling headache. The pain originated at a specific point on the right side of my head and seemed to disperse in, what felt like, a horizontal direction to the left.

Day 4 - No supplements taken

Day 5 - 300mg Pramiracetam & 300mg Alpha GCP - Felt normal

Day 5 - 300mg Pramiracetam & 300mg Alpha GCP taken twice a day(w/ breakfast & lunch) - Felt normal

Day 6 - 300mg Pramiracetam & 600mg Alpha GCP taken twice a day (w/breakfast & lunch) - Felt normal

Today - 300 mg Pramiracetam & 600mg Alpha GCP - I feel normal. I had a nightmare, which is only odd because I seldom remember my dreams much less nightmares.

I underestimated the horrid taste of Pramiracetam. For days 1, 2, and 3 I tried mixing it with a creatine mix, strong tasting fruit juice and coffee. None of which could mask the taste of the Pramiracetam. Late on day 4 my size 0 capsules arrived in the mail, thank god.

I bought the Pramiracetam from Amazon, Here. The company who sources it is Health Supplement Wholesalers.
I also bought the Alpha GCP from amazon, Here. The company who sources it is Now Foods.

I plan to continue taking one dose a day of 300mg Pramiracetam with 600mg of alpha GCP for another week. I know a dosage of 300mg for Pramiracetam may seem high.

Edit: It looks like I didn't quite avoid the wall of text as planned. Oh well, it could have been worse. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Polarbear, 16 September 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#2 timjeezy

• 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Great Log.

In my experience, I would say anywhere from 150 mg to 300 mg is a solid dose for pramiracetam, but many people report taking more. Alpha GPC is a solid choline-donor, one of my personal favorites. As for pramiracetam, I usually get sleepy if I take more than 200 mg at a time, especially if I do not have anything that is "energizing" to counteract the sleepiness.

The main reason I am posting is to ask about your method of consumption. Are you consuming fat with your pramiracetam? If not, then you will be less likely to get the full effects of pramiracetam (at least in my experience). I get much more of an effect when taking any fat-soluble racetams (e.g., aniracetam, pramiracetam, phenylpiracetam) if I mix the fat-soluble substance with oil before consuming. Although I have read of people eating fat-soluble racetams on an empty stomach with no other food and still getting effects, this has not worked as well for me effect-wise as just mixing it with oil before consuming. I am assuming this is because fat assists with getting fat-soluble racetams into your system, but I do not know for sure, and correlation does not mean causation. I would recommend trying this method for yourself to see if you notice any difference. A cheap EVOO will do, but I would recommend avoid store brands, except for trader joe's brand, which tastes great, and california olive ranch brand is another one that is relatively cheap and tastes good. Another option is to eat your fat-soluble racetam after consuming a meal that has some fat content (not sure how much exactly), but again I have found that still does not provide as good effects compared to mixing with oil before consuming. We are all different, and this is just what works best for me. Experiences vary, but I think everyone should at least try different methods of administration.

Here is how I do it, and would recommend to anyone: dissolve a dose of pramiracetam in 1/4-1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. This may sound gross, but trust me on this. Then stir in the pramiracetam well with your finger or some other utensil until it becomes "pasty" and dissolved into the olive oil. Then swallow it down with some water. You can avoid the bad taste this way, just put the spoon past your tongue, and pre- and post- chase with water so the oil goes down fast and smooth. The bitter, chemical taste of most of the racetams is difficult enough to mask that I would not recommend experimenting to find a concoction that makes racetams taste good, as it would be a challenge, especially with the stronger racetams like pram., but power to you if you do find a good drink mix (but I have used piracetam with grapefruit juice and have found this to work better than other drinks).

Good Luck.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Ted0923

• 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

I also started Pramiracetam just recently and agree with the above poster that it's important to take it with some fat. I take 150mg pramiracetam capped, 3 fish oil pills (1000mg each), and 150mg Alpha GPC per dose twice a day, about 45-60min after breakfast and again after lunch. I also make sure to take a multivitamin, vitamin C, and B-complex everyday as well as drinking plenty of water and consuming a good amount of protein and carbs with each meal. Mixing it with olive oil is also a good idea.

By the way, I respond pretty well to pramiracetam but mostly notice it only when I'm working on stuff that requires mental work (reading a book or studying for my GRE). You might not "feel" anything until you're already busy working on something, or maybe you just need more time with it to be able to tell some effects. I noticed some subtle improvements in mood and cognitive functioning when I first started taking it. I'd suggest you wait a week or so longer and see how it goes from there.

#4 Ted0923

• 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

http://www.longecity...effects-sticky/ This is a good link to find out more about maximizing effects of pramiracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 Polarbear

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Interesting stuff there Ted0923. There is hardly any fat in my daily diet and I consume a low amount of carbs (~75g/day). I think I'll try eating some fat-filled cheese before trying the olive oil like timjeezy said.

The thread you linked to has some awesome information. Personally, I find it hard to fathom having to eat two or three times what I normally do each day. One thing is for sure though, I get more than enough protein and water, so that's not the problem. I'm hesitant to add carbs like the thread said but I guess I'll go for it for a while and see how it turns out. If it doesn't work I guess I'll just have to work out a little more! :)

I've been slacking on the Pram. doses as of late! I’ve been taking some about every other day. Starting Saturday, I'm going to try to remind myself to take it every day. Hopefully increasing the fat content with it helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users