• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Intelligent Design and Science – In or Out?

id debate intelligent design is id science god and sience creationism neutral id position

• Please log in to reply
1221 replies to this topic

#1111 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

As this thread has drifted off-topic (as ID does not exist as a science), I do not see why I could not critique the default intelligent designer (in the US at least). The Bible got the origin of species and the global flood all wrong so it does not seem to contain any information of a divine nature. 

The Parrot returns.   Now honestly what contribution does this make?  He misrepresents almost everything and often is off topic as is this post.  Ho hummm

#1112 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

Good, then yo u know it does not parallel evolution.

http://www.evolution...st_1065151.html

That's the beauty of it. The few parallels, were a dead giveaway. What dreams may come of that are another undiscovered country.

#1113 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

Why didn't Jehova tell the Israelites that he had evolved them from earlier life-forms? And what about the flood-myth of Gilgamesh?

#1114 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

Why didn't Jehova tell the Israelites that he had evolved them from earlier life-forms? And what about the flood-myth of Gilgamesh?

Because they wouldn't have understood. They'd been slaves all they're lives.

Nuclear fallout/blast residue you yourself can detect with affordable equipment is still easy to find in the middle of the Earths largest deserts. I suppose you could call a rain of fire a flood.

#1115 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

Because they wouldn't have understood. They'd been slaves all they're lives.

Nuclear fallout/blast residue you yourself can detect with affordable equipment is still easy to find in the middle of the Earths largest deserts. I suppose you could call a rain of fire a flood.

That means that God has lied and that The Bible cannot be trusted. Too bad  :)

#1116 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

lol. shhhhh.

(the gods'll get ya)

Man has made a lot of money off putting words in they're mouths. Aint payback a bitch :)

Imagine Moses at the Red Sea Nebula. He raises his wizards staff and a curtain of anti-time gently opens a way through without harming the Nebula leaving it unadulterated. He sends the vital information, the children of the word, to they're new home. Done deal. Heads back to the Pharos palace for a night of R&R.

Edited by Russ Maughan, 25 March 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#1117 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

Since there's no sign of "intelligent design" (and many examples of dumb design) at the organism-level, has ID-philosophy retreated to a position that ID was needed to kickstart life?

#1118 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

Good, then yo u know it does not parallel evolution.

http://www.evolution...st_1065151.html

That's the beauty of it. The few parallels, were a dead giveaway. What dreams may come of that are another undiscovered country.

So, it is not an example of evolution.  Fat on a chicken does not mean it is casually connected to fat on a man even if it night look alike.  :)

#1119 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

Since there's no sign of "intelligent design" (and many examples of dumb design) at the organism-level, has ID-philosophy retreated to a position that ID was needed to kickstart life?

We agree.  I see no signs of intelligence here in these comments on ID.  Just logical fallacies with no substance.. 

• Good Point x 1

#1120 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Played in your pool long enough :)

Time to turn my focus more toward the future. Was just chatting with a neighbor about an idea to manipulate electro-magnetic-like areas of DNA like a symphony. Get them to optimise themselves.

#1121 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:37 PM

Not my pool.  :) have fun in the future friend, but don't forget about ID when you are studying DNA.

#1122 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Are we designed?  Watch this.

https://www.youtube....2ms5UHWg#t=1805

#1123 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:02 AM

Is a beautiful introduction to ID and the supporting sciences.

If it inspires you guys to breakthroughs the rest of us miss then it's a good thing.

I consider church/religeon mostly artform. Humanitarian arts etc. I see ID the same. Both offer solid data at a price. A higher authority than you, as an adult. No such thing. Your brain decides what words to say to keep a job, win a girls heart etc. That was one thing I never put up with in a professional environment and why people love working for me.

I am at a bit of a loss on who to contact about this propulsion system I have. Was thinking Beoing. or Ford. Or this new Tesla car company. Need a group that thinks like Henry Ford. Put the little guys in a vehicle that can go anywhere, cheap.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...85037dc19ca857c

Edited by Russ Maughan, 26 March 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#1124 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Whoa, this thread is getting seriously insane. And not in any good way.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#1125 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

The thread is clearly evolving  :wacko:

#1126 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Rub the lamp. It will come :P

• Good Point x 1

#1127 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

Here are some more issues with Evolution

http://intelligentde...T15_03_34-07_00

#1128 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

If it inspires you guys to breakthroughs the rest of us miss then it's a good thing.

I consider church/religeon mostly artform. Humanitarian arts etc. I see ID the same. Both offer solid data at a price. A higher authority than you, as an adult. No such thing. Your brain decides what words to say to keep a job, win a girls heart etc. That was one thing I never put up with in a professional environment and why people love working for me.

I am at a bit of a loss on who to contact about this propulsion system I have. Was thinking Beoing. or Ford. Or this new Tesla car company. Need a group that thinks like Henry Ford. Put the little guys in a vehicle that can go anywhere, cheap.

I think you miss the whole point of ID.  It is not about Church but about design.  As for your invention, it is designed and good luck.  At least you are saying something Intelligent.  Thanks

#1129 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

I think you miss the whole point of ID.  It is not about Church but about design.  As for your invention, it is designed and good luck.  At least you are saying something Intelligent.  Thanks

My point was I see ID as a humanitarian art that promotes several sciences. If it inspires young believers to free themselves of authoritative BS it's a good thing.

I don't think my gizmo has been crafted yet. The ones I've seen have many gears and can not withstand 10k rpm. Much less 20k+

I descibe it on my profile. I will build one and do a video. The two bearings may take awhile to optimise and I won't be running it in vacuum like a production model.

Edited by Russ Maughan, 27 March 2015 - 02:59 AM.

#1130 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

Do I believe in evolution?

Of course, I believe that organisms have changed over time. I certainly believe in evolution in that sense. But I am skeptical about unguided evolution -- the idea that natural selection and random mutations have produced the major changes in the history of life we observe without any guidance or design. In fact, in peer-reviewed scientific publications, many scientists have expressed doubts about the creative power of natural selection and random mutation. I think that students in learning about the modern version of Darwin's theory should learn why scientists have these doubts. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories is a matter of basic scientific literacy. And there are scientific weaknesses in modern Darwinian theory.

Therefore, ID along with other competing theories is IN.  Only the flat earth materialists who believe there is nothing in-material, like intelligence, would question this to the point of censuring science so that it cannot study these kinds of questions.

#1131 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

Your god is a result of intelligent design...

#1132 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

What I love about your response is I didn't mention God, the topic is not about God and this sounds  like a thought disorder.  Can't you deal with the topic?  Come on, get serious.  Lets hear you say something intelligent rather than attacking someones belief with name calling and logical fallacies.  However, intelligence is non-material so you may not believe in that and I may be asking to much..  It is on topic.

#1133 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Stop crying, your god is as imaginary as any other god, deal with it.
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1134 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

Off topic and bigoted.  Not interested.

#1135 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

Oh sorry, only your god out of the hundreds is real and it's because some people wrote a special magic book telling you he's real.

Get real
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#1136 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Keep in mind that there is a system of things in the universe by design. For example big to small or cold to hot, order = intelligent design.
  • Good Point x 1

#1137 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

Keep in mind what he's really implying too.
  • Ill informed x 1

#1138 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:05 AM

Do I believe in evolution?

Of course, I believe that organisms have changed over time. I certainly believe in evolution in that sense. But I am skeptical about unguided evolution -- the idea that natural selection and random mutations have produced the major changes in the history of life we observe without any guidance or design. In fact, in peer-reviewed scientific publications, many scientists have expressed doubts about the creative power of natural selection and random mutation. I think that students in learning about the modern version of Darwin's theory should learn why scientists have these doubts. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories is a matter of basic scientific literacy. And there are scientific weaknesses in modern Darwinian theory.

Therefore, ID along with other competing theories is IN.  Only the flat earth materialists who believe there is nothing in-material, like intelligence, would question this to the point of censuring science so that it cannot study these kinds of questions.

So what am I implying.

1. I believe in evolution as described

2. I question if natural selection / random mutations can account for the information needed to create life as we know it.

3. Guidance and design are a part of reality around us and account for development not random chance.

4.  I think all viewpoints in contention should be the subject of science.  So all views are in.  Flat earth materialists who think there is nothing like intelligence, which is not material want to deny us freedom of scientific study.  All they can do is call names and commit logical fallacies.  So this is what I am implying.

Edited by shadowhawk, 04 April 2015 - 02:26 AM.

#1139 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

What I love about your response is I didn't mention God, the topic is not about God and this sounds  like a thought disorder.  Can't you deal with the topic?  Come on, get serious.  Lets hear you say something intelligent rather than attacking someones belief with name calling and logical fallacies.  However, intelligence is non-material so you may not believe in that and I may be asking to much..  It is on topic.

You're an oblivious covert narcissist.
  • Unfriendly x 1

#1140 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:36 PM

Name calling.  How intelligent and how typical of you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: id debate, intelligent design, is id science, god and sience, creationism, neutral id position

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users