• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam, wonder drug for the first week, then ......

piracetam choline positive negative placebo dosage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 westzide

• 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Okay so this is my story. I started taking choline and piracetam about a week ago. For the first 5-6 days i experienced the most amazing positive effects (especially when combined with caffein).

I was taking the following daily doses:
250 mg choline bitrate
800 mg piracetam, 2-3 times a day (roughly every fourth hour)

The effects were as following:
Visualizing music a lot easier. Feeling the music deeper
Clearer thoughts
Awake, more energy
Mood boost
confidence boost - reduction in anxiety (hitting more "naturally" on girls, for instance)
emphatic abilities - feeling other peoples emotions a lot deeper
Nature/the sun seems more beautiful - visual enhancements
Greatly improved concentration!
Easier to recall past memories
Greatly improved verbal abilities. Communication seems a LOT more fluid, with no "pauses", due to not recalling the words i wanted to throw into conversations.

- Overall, i felt like an improved version of myself.

For the first day, i took the piracetam without the choline. With or without, i didn't feel much of a difference.

The only negative effects i felt from the piracetam, was maybe a "crash". When i stopped dosing in the evening, and my last dose (four hours later) would fade away, i would feel very tired.

However, on the sixth day, i barely felt any of the piracetam effects. The effects were diminished like 90-95%. I tried taking a huge piracetam dose, like 4,8g, instead of 800mg, which felt like a weak piracetam dose, but still nothing, compared to the effects of the first 5-6 days.

I've also tried taking a huge choline dose, like 1g, together with 800 mg piracetam, which also seemed to boost the effect a bit, but still waay weaker than in the beginning.

Now I'm sitting here, like eight days later, and all I'm getting from the piracetam is tired brain fogging feelings, which is pissing me off. It worked like a wonder drug in the beginning, but like shit now..

Any ideas?

Side notes:
I'm eating various supplements to stay healthy: fishoil, vitamin c, vitamin d, garlic, selenium, multivitamin. Apart from that (not sure if it has any relevance), I have something along the lines of hypersensitivity/add.

Best regards.

Edited by westzide, 18 October 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#2 Justin Garrett Hill

• 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

I don't know too much about this stuff, but it could be that you are not getting enough conversion of choline to acytelcholine. You may want to up for choline dose or try a better choline source like CDP choline. Also, garlic can cause "brain fog".

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 westzide

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've been taking my supplements for months and months, so I know they're not the problem.

For the past few days I've slept for like 11-12 hours, and have just been feeling tired and dull.

I don't think it's a lack of choline. I'm eating two eggs every morning as well. And somehow, eating several grams of choline a day just seems wrong.. I've read several reports in here, some people saying that insane doses of choline helped them regain the piracetam effects, other people saying that you shouldn't dose choline at all.. - And after dosing 1g of choline i actually started feeling depressed.

Considering just trying some low doese of piracetam and skipping the choline supplement, and testing out how that goes.

Edited by westzide, 18 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#4 Justin Garrett Hill

• 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I am on quite the Nootropic stack myself right now, and I also would also note that the most dramatic "feelings" and awareness of being on these substances comes from the first times taking them... But some additional thoughts I have on the matter are that while there is the possibility that the brain is trying to achieve homeostasis, and thus some kind of regulation could be occurring, it is also conceivable to me that we are just growing accustomed to the new plateau we have reached. A thought I had today while on a hike just an hour ago is that supplementors of Nootropics should look at it like this. If you are taking "Brain Steroids" (ie Nootropics) you must exercise your brain. If you took anabolic steroids for muscle gain, but did not work out, you would also feel the "juice" at first but then I would guess you would notice it less as that became your normal for a while.... additionally if one wanted to get the biggest muscle gains while on steroids one would of course need to work out and eat right. I for one am going to try and push my brain more while on my stack (brain games, reading) , and feed it the nutrients (good diet, sleep) and oxygen (cardio) that will also allow it to grow.

Edited by Justin Garrett Hill, 18 October 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#5 westzide

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Trust me, I'm pretty well aware of drug effects on my body, in terms of viewing myself objectively, and the effects have diminished, after 5-6 days, there's no doubt about it.

However, following my hunch, this morning i dosed 800 mg of piracetam without consuming any choline supplements or eating eggs for that matter. And none of the negative effects has been present. I've been on piracetam all day now, and are feeling the effects. Still, not quiet as strong as it were in the beginning, but the lazy, tired, depressive feelings, aren't there anymore. So it looks as if choline was the sinner after all.

Edited by westzide, 19 October 2012 - 04:25 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#6 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

Try a week of abstaining from nootropics for a tolerance break.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, choline, positive, negative, placebo, dosage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users