• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Luddist

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

The best vitamins I've seen on the market are these:

http://www.xtend-lif...ngredients.aspx

I thought I posted this before but I must not have hit submit.

The 14mg piperine per serving (3.5mg/tablet) in this multivitamin stands out as something questionable. It eats up liver enzymes which will increase absorption of certain things but around these parts it's brought up that it may let harmful things bypass the liver.

#32 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

The 14mg piperine per serving (3.5mg/tablet) in this multivitamin stands out as something questionable. It eats up liver enzymes which will increase absorption of certain things but around these parts it's brought up that it may let harmful things bypass the liver.

Thanks for your feedback Luddist, I have been trying to find out more on the internet but I cannot find anything. I think that piperine will only let chemicals through better but it's suppose to work as an insecticide which is kinda worrying, because wouldn't that mean it's also poisonous ?

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6857729

It has a half life of two hours apparently so as long as you don't contain anything bad that piperine will help bypass the liver it should be fine ?

Edited by KieranA001, 26 August 2013 - 07:32 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Guardian4981

• 248 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Best multi is probably one you design yourself for your own needs, too bad its pretty pricey to do so sigh.

#34 Luddist

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for your feedback Luddist, I have been trying to find out more on the internet but I cannot find anything. I think that piperine will only let chemicals through better but it's suppose to work as an insecticide which is kinda worrying, because wouldn't that mean it's also poisonous ?

It has a half life of two hours apparently so as long as you don't contain anything bad that piperine will help bypass the liver it should be fine ?

Search piperine or bioperine on this forum for more discussion. I think it's irresponsible of them to include it in a multivitamin with brief mention on a pop up thing you need to click on their website (View Directions) to "Take at least 2-3 hours away from prescriptive medications where possible" Where possible? Hope you don't get some bad interactions by overdosing on a medication you're taking. Is that statement about taking it 2-3 hours away from meds even on the packaging? Sure you could discuss it with your doctor but unless you've got a ridiculously thorough doctor, they're not going to know what piperine is and they're not going to bother to look it up either.

Edited by Luddist, 26 August 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#35 Spheric

• 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

I wish more multi vitamin companies would jump on the 5-methylfolate bandwagon. I only know of three multi's that contain 5-methylfolate in their formula: AOR multi basics 3, thorne research multis, and emerald laboratories multi vitamins.

Anyone know of any others that I might be missing?

#36 Blankspace

• 48 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

I wish more multi vitamin companies would jump on the 5-methylfolate bandwagon. I only know of three multi's that contain 5-methylfolate in their formula: AOR multi basics 3, thorne research multis, and emerald laboratories multi vitamins.

These companies offer multivitamins with 5-MTHF, I'm sure there are a few others:

VRP
Seeking Health
Pure Encapsulations
Douglas Laboratories
Doctor's Best - fully optimized vitamin-mineral complex

#37 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Search piperine or bioperine on this forum for more discussion. I think it's irresponsible of them to include it in a multivitamin with brief mention on a pop up thing you need to click on their website (View Directions) to "Take at least 2-3 hours away from prescriptive medications where possible" Where possible? Hope you don't get some bad interactions by overdosing on a medication you're taking. Is that statement about taking it 2-3 hours away from meds even on the packaging? Sure you could discuss it with your doctor but unless you've got a ridiculously thorough doctor, they're not going to know what piperine is and they're not going to bother to look it up either.

Good job I didn't buy them then because I was going to take them with sulbutiamine and L-tryptophan. I think that they should've been more open about it. The most likely reason why they're not is because they don't want to scare people away from their products.

#38 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

These companies offer multivitamins with 5-MTHF, I'm sure there are a few others:

VRP
Seeking Health
Pure Encapsulations
Douglas Laboratories

Wellness Resources is another
http://www.wellnessr...aily_energy.php

seems better than many
http://www.iherb.com...ggie-Caps/50548

I'd prefer something without copper & manganese

Edited by blood, 27 August 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#39 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

The difference between High and Bad Quality of Multi Vitamins is if they are Natural Or Synthetic forms of vitamins.

You also want to look at the form of the vitamin itself, they are many types of folic acid and vitamin b12 for example.
A good multivitamin would give Natural vitamins in the best form and the best digestible form available.

Do your research for each individual Vitamin and find out what forms of each vitamin is best for the human body..
Some vitamins are'nt even absorbed well in tablet form.

Many say Vitamin B12 is best to be taken sublingual, Intranasal or via. Injection.
I would just buy a Generic multivitamin formula from a well known and good quality brand
and then take individual vitamins of the superior form's available.

Edited by mrnootropic, 28 August 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#40 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

The difference between High and Bad Quality of Multi Vitamins is if they are Natural Or Synthetic forms of vitamins.

You also want to look at the form of the vitamin itself, they are many types of folic acid and vitamin b12 for example.
A good multivitamin would give Natural vitamins in the best form and the best digestible form available.

Do your research for each individual Vitamin and find out what forms of each vitamin is best for the human body..
Some vitamins are'nt even absorbed well in tablet form.

Many say Vitamin B12 is best to be taken sublingual, Intranasal or via. Injection.
I would just buy a Generic multivitamin formula from a well known and good quality brand
and then take individual vitamins of the superior form's available.

I agree with every bit and think that you should make sure you go for a good qualify vitamin. The other day I was reading something about if the vitamin is of bad quality it can shorten your life expectancy. All I know is that they seem to help me so I'm not going to stop taking them due to one report which doesn't have any evidence supporting it.

Here is the link:

http://www.theatlant...inerals/248450/

There was another study posted somewhere that if you get a high quality vitamin, it shouldn't cause any problems. But then again I doubt any vitamins will? Because I don't think there is enough evidence.

Edited by KieranA001, 28 August 2013 - 05:38 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#41 Benedictus

• 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Mega dosing is pretty useless, except for B12.

A horribly false remark, still.
Megadosing Vitamin D3, C and Curcumin for example are everything *but* useless, but hey, it's your funeral..
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users