Photo
- - - - -

Why oversleep make my mind work slow?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 inspcv00

• 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I don´t understand this. If i perfectly rest, why I´m not more hustler after sleep 12 hours?

Regards.

#2 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

interestingly this link says that people who sleep more than 9 hours per night have significantly higher death rates!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

interestingly this link says that people who sleep more than 9 hours per night have significantly higher death rates!

Well, people with health problems tend to sleep more anyways.

#4 inspcv00

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Well, people with health problems tend to sleep more anyways.

Ummmm... in my case I don´t believe the problem is the bad health, and in my family all sleeps too many hours, if they can. I think my health is good.

Thanks for the link, I read it.

Edited by inspcv00, 28 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#5 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Along with other hormones, melatonin is released by the pineal gland according to your sleep cycle, which makes you feel sleepy toward the end of your 'normal' day, and is continuously released during sleep to avoid unnecessary interruption. The longer you sleep, the more melatonin is released; sleep too long, and you may end up being 'drugged' from inside.

Another important factor: when you sleep until 1PM, you've probably skipped both breakfast and lunch, and your brain and body have run out of immediate fuel for energy.
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 inspcv00

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Along with other hormones, melatonin is released by the pineal gland according to your sleep cycle, which makes you feel sleepy toward the end of your 'normal' day, and is continuously released during sleep to avoid unnecessary interruption. The longer you sleep, the more melatonin is released; sleep too long, and you may end up being 'drugged' from inside.

Another important factor: when you sleep until 1PM, you've probably skipped both breakfast and lunch, and your brain and body have run out of immediate fuel for energy.

I like your explanation. Everithing fits.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users