Master Gene for Wound Healing Found

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manofsan

• 1,223 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:17 AM

The Master Gene for Wound Healing has been found:

http://www.betterhum...ID=2005-04-15-2

Who wants to live for a thousand years, if you end up covered in band-aids because of all the cuts and scrapes you accumulate along the way?

If this could be coupled with appropriate scaffolding type materials to guide the regenerating cells, then perhaps you could be made as good as new, following a serious cut or similar injury.

I wonder if this could even be used in the apoptosis-regeneration approach to rejuvenation that we talked about before. Again, the idea would be to kill off as many defective/aging cells as possible while we keep you on life-support, in order to purify the quality of your cell population. Then we take that remaining pure cell population and regenerate you back to full health. During the apoptosis phase, we'd keep your wound healing genes primed and activated, to allow cells to quickly multiply to close any tears or rips that developed in your tissue structures as we reduce your cell population to absolute minimum.

Comments?

• Lurker

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:41 AM

Since we know that healing rates are reduced as we age, what would be an interesting experiment would be to measure the expression levels of the grainy head (Grh) gene as well as the associated genes this paper discusses during different ages. If we can identify a limiting factor then it could be possible to develop a topical cream for the aged.

(The science article is attached)

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jay the Avenger

• 286 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:00 PM

This is good news.

I hope one day somebody finds a fast working cure for scartissue. I got a scar I want to get rid of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users