Photo
- - - - -

Two C60 Questions from an amateur.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AxiomaticBadger

• 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Whilst the c60-related studies are facinating, there are two questions that I can't seem to find the answer too.

Firstly, what kind of a life-span does an organism require for Oxidisation damage to be a significant factor. I assume, for example, that fruit flies do not in themselves live long enough for them to be viable test subjects.
Secondly, there don't seem to be any attempts made to accelerate Oxidisation within the test subjects. Wouldn't dosing them with, say, corn oil in addition to c60 provided an accelerated return on the results, or would that simply make any study invalid?

Thanks for the time and patience :)

#2 d4shing

• 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I believe the part of the study where they are 'challenged' with CCl4 is what you call 'an attempt to accelerate' oxidation.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Short lived organisms might be interesting. As a general rule, the shorter the normal lifespan, the less good the oxidative defenses. That's the main reason why humans shouldn't expect to live to 150 from c60-oo alone. Our oxidation defenses are already very good. I think that we could quickly learn a lot of useful c60 science from various shorter lived organisms, however, and I hope someone looks at it.

#4 Sillewater

• 1,076 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Another question from an amateur:

Sorry if this has been answered but what ever happened to the whole thing with the liver histological pictures being from the same cut but just moved?

#5 d4shing

• 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

It was fixed in the errata - someone posted it a while back. Apparently if you're not at a university with a sub to biomaterials it costs like 40 bucks or something stupid.

Also, while we're asking questions, why doesn't someone with a lab/facilities run some NMRs on c60-OO to verify and identify the adduct molecules (as well as maybe c60-fishoil or in other nonpolar solvents)?

#6 AxiomaticBadger

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I believe the part of the study where they are 'challenged' with CCl4 is what you call 'an attempt to accelerate' oxidation.

Sort of. This would count in my mind if the dosing wasn't so high, and if the mice weren't killed afterwards. (Unless I've missunderstood the study, which is a real possibility.)
I was more thinking to 1)"accelerate aging", so as to get faster results, and 2) to help pin down the exact extent of the protection c60 grants.
Think a scenario where test organisms are split into 4 groups
A)Control
B)Dosed with Oxidiser
C)Dosed with c60
D)Dosed with c60 and Oxidiser.

The difference in mean lifespan of C&D, as compared to A&B, would show to what extent a specific dose of c60 can protect against oxidisation.
I think anyway.
Amateur, remember :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users