#451 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Posted Image
A Hologram For Medical Students Brings The Human Body To Life

Co.Exist-by Ben Schiller-1 Jul 2013
Two junior doctors from London recently demonstrated a hologram machine that creates a very lifelike 3-D image. The human body they ...

Posted Image

BBC 10 days ago: &

Star Wars-style moving holograms are no longer lightyears away ...

Daily Mail-19 Jun 2013
Moving hologram displays like those featured in Star Wars could soon be ... hurdle to make low-cost, high quality holographic videos a reality.

So scales are part of crowd science:

Posted Image
CROWD CONTROL JULY 1st 2013:
http://www.the-scien.../Crowd-Control/

Posted Image

Getting frozen will make you rich as you sell your data after resurrection, at a guess?

But I cant see resuscitation being later than 2030 tops because of the speed of IT which must lead into intelligence by osmosis.

Reconstruction science in Cryonics and reconstruction science in Quantum Archaeology must be similar in many areas.

If you have the technology to repair/resurrect the dead, you have the technology to build people to order on home 3 d printers (cheapest today is $168)

It'll be MUCH easier with machine intelligence which is coming.

Posted Image
technological progress is quickening. The speed we see today is VERY SLOW compared to the speed of change in 5 years time.

We have to be clear about our aims and push where we have to:

Posted Image

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#452 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

There is no death.

We must inevitably resurrect.

You are just DATA
Posted Image

#453 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Haptics are expected to be dirt cheap about 2017 when gene medicine will be adventing (prototyping trials now.

TED:

Haptics:
Google cars...why not Google self drive SHOES?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOMPfQB-1so

This may be an joke (dunno) but its possible now.

less than 6 minutes

Katherine Kuchenbecker: The technology of touch

Filmed Nov 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJ9Aakddng

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#454 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

Anyone got any other theories about the quantum world we cant observe without changing it , splits into parallel universes, communicates without any connections, works for probability but not causation, has only one electron the entire Universe (Feynmann you know) is proof of God (Max Planck), you cant measure and observe, and spontaneously comes into being (I heard that before)

Because otherwise I'm going to do Einsteinian physics and raise my childhood dog.

Posted Image

Neutrino 'faster than light' scientist resigns

Scientist 'who said Einstein was wrong' hunted on CERN campus by raging mob of researchers after squandering 8 billion euros firing neutinos at the Vatican

BBC News - Neutrino 'faster than light' scientist resigns

www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17560379‎

Posted Image
Quantum Theory office:

Posted Image

NB:
"Quantum mechanics is certainly imposing. But an inner voice tells me that it is not yet the real thing.
"A.E.

"Whether you can observe a thing or not depends on the theory which you use. It is the theory which decides what can be observed."

Posted Image
Albert Einstein was the greatest scientist in the history of the world. He was slow, thorough and a highly trained philosopher.

AE at the Savoy dinner for him:
Posted Image

brief recording of Shaw stating how important Einstein is:

https://www.youtube....ayer_detailpage

He is the heir of Galileo and Newton who's maxim of Describe THEN explain has been thrown out as unnecessary by quantum theorists, all of whom reply on statistics becaise they can see anything without changing it

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#455 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS
OF MOVING BODIES

By A. Einstein
June 30, 1905

It is known that Maxwell's electrodynamics—as usually understood at the present time—when applied to moving bodies, leads to asymmetries which do not appear to be inherent in the phenomena. Take, for example, the reciprocal electrodynamic action of a magnet and a conductor. The observable phenomenon here depends only on the relative motion of the conductor and the magnet, whereas the customary view draws a sharp distinction between the two cases in which either the one or the other of these bodies is in motion. For if the magnet is in motion and the conductor at rest, there arises in the neighbourhood of the magnet an electric field with a certain definite energy, producing a current at the places where parts of the conductor are situated. But if the magnet is stationary and the conductor in motion, no electric field arises in the neighbourhood of the magnet. In the conductor, however, we find an electromotive force, to which in itself there is no corresponding energy, but which gives rise—assuming equality of relative motion in the two cases discussed—to electric currents of the same path and intensity as those produced by the electric forces in the former case.
Examples of this sort, together with the unsuccessful attempts to discover any motion of the earth relatively to the “light medium,” suggest that the phenomena of electrodynamics as well as of mechanics possess no properties corresponding to the idea of absolute rest. They suggest rather that, as has already been shown to the first order of small quantities, the same laws of electrodynamics and optics will be valid for all frames of reference for which the equations of mechanics hold good.1 We will raise this conjecture (the purport of which will hereafter be called the “Principle of Relativity”) to the status of a postulate, and also introduce another postulate, which is only apparently irreconcilable with the former, namely, that light is always propagated in empty space with a definite velocity c which is independent of the state of motion of the emitting body. These two postulates suffice for the attainment of a simple and consistent theory of the electrodynamics of moving bodies based on Maxwell's theory for stationary bodies. The introduction of a “luminiferous ether” will prove to be superfluous inasmuch as the view here to be developed will not require an “absolutely stationary space” provided with special properties, nor assign a velocity-vector to a point of the empty space in which electromagnetic processes take place.
The theory to be developed is based—like all electrodynamics—on the kinematics of the rigid body, since the assertions of any such theory have to do with the relationships between rigid bodies (systems of co-ordinates), clocks, and electromagnetic processes. Insufficient consideration of this circumstance lies at the root of the difficulties which the electrodynamics of moving bodies at present encounters... more>>>
On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies - Fourmilab

B. E.

(Before Einstein)
Posted Image
Smoke in a tanks is random and unpredictable.

AE (After Einstein)

Posted Image

. Smoke is predictable using the Kinetic Theory.

I'd have published that except it;s all pdf-fed.

It;s inevitable Quantum Archaeology argues the quantum theory and I think QT will be over-turned (I'm not alone in this).

This purports to be the preserved brain of Einstein:
Posted Image

and his preserved method:

Posted Image

How come Russian cryonic suspension is MUCH cheaper?

Actual state
Posted Image

Publicity shots
Posted Image

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 02:34 AM.

• like x 1

#456 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

Posted Image
  • like x 1

#457 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Posted Image
Interactve hologram helpers have been instaled in airports

They are top level data representations of people with weak A.I. natural language questions/answers.

But last week ibm Watson was declared capable of answering any question that could be put to it in language.

BIOSENSORS PIONEERED

""With the advent of biosensors, we could measure energy dynamics and concentrations of various cellular intermediates, which allowed us to get a first-level picture of metabolic networks," Frommer said. "But we had not been able to directly follow enzyme or transporter activity or to monitor their regulation in a live organism (before).""
Breakthrough: Sensors monitor cells at work

Posted Image
Some of you may have guessed I am a chat-bot that reproduces intelligent copy.

#458 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

There's a real Superintelligence Confinement problem:

eg

SKYNET RISING:

and

Stuart Armstrong - Predicting AI... or failing to - Winter Intelligence - FHI Oxford

Researching on various interest groups/forums/chats is pretty important as it can show what’s coming before the academic world gets rigorous.
A.I. is infamous for having reclusive scholars some of whom are sublime as well as crackpot (which is what A.I. people used to be called).
Many A.I. books have little new to say and dwell on a history of A.I. Others think a text book on stuff already texted is enough.
There are many teams now some on gvmt pay, trying to find a safe route for recursive A.I. some are listed here:

https://sites.google...awkingprotocol/

My best guess is Superintelligence will be here by 2027 & I’ve calculated that from trends and tech infrastructure enabling builds of it.
There is a chance a stealth or other project may develop it right now (I’ve thought this possible since about Turing’s ETA for it of 2000 AD)
Lastly the importance for Contained Superintelligence is
a) the survival of life – since powerful/dangerous systems are increasingly possible to build;
b) the number of existential risks is increasing, and the natural ones are not as yet mitigated. A contained Superintelligence would neutralise these.

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#459 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

Posted Image

AIDUN

International Project for the construction and containment of Superintelligence.

emergency contact:

john.ellis.email@gmail.com

aidun - Google Sites

https://sites.google.com/site/unaidepartment/‎

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#460 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

About to be Resurrected:!
Posted Image

https://www.youtube....h?v=X35U2OOiiMk

this is data..not just the films which are fast still images captured on cellulose by light and chemicals, nor the sound, but all depths of information that we need in order to recreate the exact data from the space-time coordinates.

Although out philosophy is inadequate we have to proceed on the basis out science can achieve.

But philosophers and imortalists should be in no doubt, we are constructing machines more powerful than black holes and making them intelligent.

It cant all be plain sailing.

The longer we are estranged from governments as crackpots, the more dangerous the future will be.

We need to elect people to government as a matter of urgency.

At the same time continue lobbying and briefing representatives already there.

Posted Image

Edited by Innocent, 03 July 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#461 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

So do you understand that retrieving 50 integers from their sum only is impossible?

Nowhere in the universe are there 50 numbers in isolation.

Everything's connected.

Do do you have to simulate "everything" in order to get any useful answers? QA cannot be divided into smaller subproblems?

Yes.

you can do that.

I asked do you HAVE to do that. Why do you think it is that you never address the issues raised by others, but launch on a protracted rant about something else?

An event traced back from say now to 1066 would have lots of markers in the present traced back to one event in the past.

That means every event since the dawn of time has "lots of markers in the present". It seems QA is doomed unless you model all of the events that can have "markers in the present". This sounds very bad for QA.

#462 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I asked do you HAVE to do that. Why do you think it is that you never address the issues raised by others, but launch on a protracted rant about something else?

I seem determined to do that.

My guess is no. Since I haven't constructed a complete universe simulation I couldn't be empirical about it..

>>An event traced back from say now to 1066 would have lots of markers in the present traced back to one event in the past.
That means every event since the dawn of time has "lots of markers in the present".<<
It seems QA is doomed unless you model all of the events that can have "markers in the present". This sounds very bad for QA.

That's an unknown Platypus. Its unlikely you need the whole universe to be simulate to have high probability of a complete enough resurrection using an event bubble.

One of the things I think about is the importance of freak waves of your butterfly.

Turing called it budding in Morphogenesis.

The Chemical Basis of Morphogenesis A. M. Turing Philosophical ...

www.dna.caltech.edu/courses/cs191/paperscs191/turing.pdf‎

Nothing is fixed

I'll ask him myself in 14 years.

Posted Image
Turing @ Cambridge. I think.

I wonder if the bit peculate up?
Exclusion is a difficult idea because although it looks obvious in fact everything is connected which seems opposite.

eg electron spin exclusion

#463 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've thought about your question---> partial solutions.

Yes and it will work because of scale classes.

Zeno was a bit scruffy.

#464 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

You might not like everything you turn up:

Human's have pig/monkey ancestry

breaking:

http://phys.org/news...rid-humans.html

Posted Image

Posted Image
"But for now let's get real"

http://arbroath.blog...-of-monkey.html

Pig born with the face of a monkey & 2009

A freak piglet with the face of a monkey continues to shock the world after farmers in a Chinese village made the discovery several months ago.

The bizarre animal also has rear legs which are much longer than its forelegs, causing it to jump like a kangaroo instead of walk.

#465 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

Another unexplained bit of science gets lumped into the by now hilarious Quantum Theory (as proof of quantum theory, yet again..how ...no-one knows)
"
Quantum mechanics enables 'impossible' space chemistryQuantum weirdness can generate a molecule in space that shouldn't exist by the classic rules of chemistry. If interstellar space is really a kind of quantum chemistry lab, that might also account for a host of other organic molecules glimpsed in space.
Interstellar space should be too cold for most chemical reactions to occur, as the low temperature makes it tough for molecules drifting through space to acquire the energy needed to break their bonds. "There is a standard law that says as you lower the temperature, the rates of reactions should slow down," says Dwayne Heard of the University of Leeds, UK.
Yet we know there are a host of complex organic molecules in space. Some reactions could occur when different molecules stick to the surface of cosmic dust grain. This might give them enough time together to acquire the energy needed to react, which doesn't happen when molecules drift past each other in space.
Not all reactions can be explained in this way, though. Last year astronomers discovered methoxy molecules – containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen – in the Perseus molecular cloud, around 600 light years from Earth. But researchers couldn't produce this molecule in the lab by allowing reactants to condense on dust grains, leaving a puzzle as to how it could have formed."

http://www.newscient...ml#.UdTi9azNThk

Is it weird??

It must be proof of the Quantum Ttheory's right.

How?

Dont ask because no-one understand s the Quantum Theory...that's how we know it must be true...
Its sort of like God.

It cant be disproved as no-one knows what it is...therefore it must be true..

People 20 years from now (or super-people)
will be HOLDING THEIR SIDES screaming in laughter at the absurdities of what we called a Quantum Theory.

Until we see and measure the small things in life I wouldn't assume they are fairies:

Commander of the British Airforce during the Battle of Britain;
asked why he believed in fairies, retorted ' "How else could mushrooms grow?"

Science has taken leave of it;s sense to abandon Cause and Effect

Posted Image

Quantum Archaeology works whether or not their are fairies.

Meanwhile Cause and Effect science is charting the universe..which it both see and measure, because luckily our technology is built at the right scale for it:

Great asteroid filmed:

Hubble Telescope Snaps 'Comet of the Century' Fireworks (Video)

Posted Image

Quantum events exist. But quantum theory is not true and has mislead the science world which has been afraid to look at it.

But Cause and Effect is true and the underlying nature of smaller scales must be studied and reached for

Posted Image
Unknowable Quantum Theory which thought it had killed Determinism

https://www.youtube....h?v=JKatDurrDHM

https://www.youtube....h?v=QczKn2bjYFY

Posted Image

we're filling in the Records (various data banks, like the Archaeological Record)
and mapping the whole of history slowly by probability and causation rules...by which all known laws in the universe exist.

Quantum Theory is only at the stage of probability because of scale IMO but we will get there in the 2020's with sub-atomic scanning technology.

Today

July 3, 2013 — A model of great ape history during the past 15 million years has been fashioned through the study of genetic variation
Great Ape Genetic Diversity: Primate Evolution

Humans and rhesus macaques apparently share about 93% of their DNA sequence and shared a common ancestor roughly 25 million years ago.[38]
Posted Image

chimps have 98 % and diverged 6 million years ago:

Posted Image

This isn't conjecture...this is provable and this is biological archaeology.

Quantum Archaeology proposes plotting the histories of everyone to the birth of mankind.

I urge philosophers to argue for the discovery and research funding to identify Cause and Effect in the Quantum World: - it isn't the job of scientists to do that.

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#466 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Could Zeno's Paradoxes be linked to Quantum Theory?
9 mins:

"We're all made of strings.

There are zillions of copies of us
We're all living in a simulation.
You cant look at anything in the quantum world or it changes instantly (previous version Irish Fairy Book)

Things communicate by spooky action at distance.

You cant understand the quantum theory..no-one can."

GET REAL!

The quantum world is simply too small to know what's happening yet.

THAT'S is the history of science, which is full of barking non-proovable theories.

I need to test out Quantum Theory as I dont believe non-causality is possible.

You have drawn me successfully on non-determinism Platypus and it truly disturbs me. But Quantum Theory can be incorporated into QA by this principle:

The Quantum World works by laws, therefore it is predictable. (and we're already doing amazing prediction with it.

Posted Image
Technicians prepare a patient for cryopreservation

wiki

#467 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

>>An event traced back from say now to 1066 would have lots of markers in the present traced back to one event in the past.
That means every event since the dawn of time has "lots of markers in the present".<<
>It seems QA is doomed unless you model all of the events that can have "markers in the present". This sounds very bad for QA.<

That's an unknown Platypus. Its unlikely you need the whole universe to be simulate to have high probability of a complete enough resurrection using an event bubble.

But there are no event "bubbles" if everything affects everything and sends "markers" to every other moment and place. You cannot save your cake and eat it too!

#468 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

>It seems QA is doomed unless you model all of the events that can have "markers in the present". This sounds very bad for QA.<

But there are no event "bubbles" if everything affects everything and sends "markers" to every other moment and place. You cannot save your cake and eat it too!

An event bubbles is an approximation, like Newton's fluxtions. It's true that as everything affects everything else there is no absolute unless you got ahead of motion, which may take until machine intelligence advents as Superintelligence. The event bubble itself is in motion, and relative.

But it is a mistake to move away from Humanism, ie Protagorus' "Man is the measure of all things."
and this is a muddle some quantum theorists have gotten themselves into.

So you use approximations.

That is done in navigating at sea:
you take readings of stars who's position changes while you draw in lines on your map.
And the ocean changes all the time.
Never-the-less you proceed on the basis of best handle-able knowledge.

And in your scale you will arrive at your port safely.

You are also changing constantly: exhaustively you are not the same person who set out!

This dynamism is handled by you without thinking, as motion is the underlying property of Being.
and as it is a constant ie everything that is- moves-, it can be discounted in the maths. You dont need speed and position only position where speed is a constant.

Why shouldn't speed itself be a constant as a constituent component of light? Light speed is accepted as a constant without argument?

It may be possible to see Nature as a vast sea of laws, in which men are doing herculean calculations.

But the coming calculators are truly huge.

Posted Image

#469 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Body parts that can now be grown in the lab (2012) mices)

Posted Image

Humans follow fast

Today, July 4th 2013, human liver was successfully grown from stem cells.
Posted Image
see nature:

http://www.nature.co...in-mice-1.13324

Stem cell extraction:
Posted Image

wikiA problem for cryonicists is transfer of memories from frozen suspendees to new bodies.

There are serious legal implications of hijacking a new body, even if the scanning technology to decode the frozen braincomes as expected with speeding microscopy.

It looks like we will shortly be able to grow new brains from stem cells in humans.

The ethics issues soar as the brain is regarded by scientists as the seat of consciousness.

I like the argument:

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE BY GETTING FROZEN?

If you're resurrected by Quantum Archaeology...which I see no scientific argument against...the frozen body will be YOUR property.

We'll live initially on space colonies (which America must have seemed to conquering Europeans)

MARSPosted Image

People have tried to sell me land worse than this in Arizona

I cant think building water from atoms is going to be much of a challenge to A.I. coming in the 2020's (on trends)

https://www.youtube....h?v=mUcE1Y_bOQE

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#470 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Meanwhile technology (machines) zoom forward.

The reason from this speed is much has gone into Information Technology, so it increases on Moore's Law

Mechanical Cheetah gets balance and speed:

Posted Image

EPFL | École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

#471 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

For over 100 years, NIH has supported biomedical research to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce the burdens of illness and disability. The Fact Sheets on this site tell the stories of research discovery, current treatment status, and future expectations for the prevention and treatment of diseases and conditions affecting the nation's health. Several of the Sheets also describe NIH policies and organizations in place to enhance public health safety and the public understanding of health science.

Search through the Fact Sheets and follow the interactive links for additional information on NIH-supported clinical studies, initiatives, and research endeavors currently underway. Each Sheet also contains links to the homepages of relevant NIH Institutes, Centers, or Offices.

Search Fact sheet

http://report.nih.gov/NIHfactsheets/.

So there are 4 big pushes to immortality:

1. Commercial companies for profit.

2. Universities.

3. Government Labs.

4. Mavericks in garages/garden sheds.

Ted Nelson, who invented the hypertext link you click said this morning (to me) he didn't want to be resurrected.

This is known as suffering from the Lazarus Long Delusion:

LAZARUS LONG DELUSION

A version of this has been published in the online journal Immortal Life
http://immortallife....they-want-death

I'M OLD, I DONT WANT TO RESURRECT. (THE LAZARUS LONG DELUSION).
You can only have unbiased judgement in a state of well-being, on the whole. But the mind in the body suffering, deludes itself of its impartiality.
A surprising number of people dont want resurrection unaware of this delusion. I have found only two reasons for this:

1. When young they realized death was inevitable and so have programmed themselves to accept death. Challenging it causes revolution in the psyche;

2. They are unaware of the body's effect on their reasoning. They haven't read Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein. Lazarus Long is centuries old and commits suicide. Before complete, police bots find and rejuvenate him. He feels great and wants to live again. This must happen to everyone I believe because we are beings bonded by biological urges that filter into us as our mind.

Why dont people go insane when they thought they are going to die?
Psychologists argue we have a blocking denial programme; speculative biologists that nature has built us with a progressive death wish to make degeneracy into death bearable. Some Freudians have named this Thanatos. Libido is what you see in young animals bouncing around. When you resurrect back to youth your body will be full of libido and you will want to live without any psychology or argument from quantum archaeologists.
People confuse death with sleep or rest seeking the cessation of suffering. You cant need to die to stop suffering: to stop suffering you have to get to full health and peace.
The only honest way to test it is to try both states:
Try being dead and try being young again - and see which you prefer!
I'm not kidding. That should be possible in systems well within quantum archaeology's skills.
Some people are locked in ego and may find it hard to believe their essential tastes and drives are products of their biology, their biology is a product of chemistry and their chemistry of the laws of physics.
Some organized groups centuries old will challenge this, but my experience of studying them is they change where they have, to in order to survive. When people are resurrected in front of your eyes, false assumptions will crumble and the groups change or membership will ebb away.

The profound change in our psyche is that death doesn't exist, soon aging and ill health as we know it wont exist, and everything we have accepted as immutable facts of philosophy will be laughed at: "In those days you n know people used to die...can you imagine thinking you could ever die?"
The word will have to take on a new meaning to have any meaning at all.
Quantum Archaeology is not a challenge to morality, it is one of the most moral attempts so far using man's technology.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T COMMIT SUICIDE.

Posted Image

Seneca, an early humanist, was forced to commit suicide by the Emperor adapted here in Caligula (1979)

1. Because suffering is going to be reversed. You wont have had it. the present you is not the final judge of reality. Like winding a film of history back, history is likely to be changed and the suffering taken out, without any loss of identity. This is a hard area in philosophy and outside the scope of this essay.
2. Because you wont have any say in what the world will become.

3. Because QA is NOT certain.

4. Because suicide doesn't give you rest, or relief: you cease to exist.

If you die, you will probably be resurrected, but the world in which you surface will be built by other people using artificially intelligent machines.

Your return is unlikely to be unconditional at first: you will have to obey the laws that have evolved while you where not there.

The maximum game strategy is to survive as long as you can. Many will not have to die but just get rejuvenation. They will be able to control investments and some may influence policy.

Suiciding out might only be useful as last resort, attempting it is illegal in many nations. Feeling you dont want to live is a normal part of the spectrum of human emotions.

Depressed we have the Lazarus Long delusion -.that life isn't worth it, but undepressed we dont feel that at all. If depression persists you could have a treatable illness and should seek help.

There is a cost/benefit judgement of living/not living, but QA certainly must be part of that process.

Logically, there is no longer a terminal illness.

Main Site:
Quantum Archaeology

WE have come very far very fast and are quickening upPosted Image

1910 Frankenstein silent

atomicspintronics

using subatomic machines

http://phys.org/news...ics.html#inlRlv

Posted Image

artist's impression of ultra cold quantum
Quantum Machines are expected to become prominent in the 2020's

speed of science:

Posted Image

Great lecture on exponential growth, and why it doesn't show until it;s suddenly upon you:

By 2027 Quantum Archaeologist could be resurrecting the 106 billion dead from 50,000 years and housing us on planets.

If Superintelligence advents, they may be housed in other universes!

Posted Image

Ray Kuzweil

It gets better as you go in! and sites Hericlitus

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#472 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

New scanning techniques can look at blood cells

Cell Whisperer: Lasers Unlock Secrets of the Blood
Scientific American ‎- by Dina Maron ‎- 2 days ago

advanced form of ultrasound

examines disease without breaking the skin.

Be clear: Given an infinite Universe with infinite eschatologies one is incapable NB "incapable" of final annihilation as death.

Posted Image

Recovery from cryostasis (Reversing any damage?)
Posted Image

and reassembly in Quantum Archaeology will depend on improving

1. Scanning techniques.

2. Microrobotics

Nanorobotcs is taught in many universities now

eg Yale:

Posted Image

Quantum Robotics has been ideated by Paul Benioff: quantum robotics will go inside the atom carrying quantum computers on their backs.

Posted Image

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#473 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Technology is not magic and everything will not be possible, ever.

#474 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Technology is not magic and everything will not be possible, ever.

I presume you've tested that empirically.

Please qualify 'ever'. I'll wait.

Posted Image

Everything follows from everything else: we'd have to know everything in eternity to eliminate stuff.

Wittgenstein's last dictum:

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent." („Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.“)

Posted Image

I dont believe 'impossible' could ever be discussed logically?? R U joking?

Magic OED:

Origin:

late Middle English: from Old French magique, from Latin magicus (adjective), late Latin magica (noun), from Greek magikē (tekhnē) '(art of) a magus': magi were regarded as magicians.

old word for scientists "OM!"
How To Control You Computer With Voice Command - YouTube

---->Voice command computing
----> Voice command microscopic quantum-bots coming

Magi - Wikipedia

Magic: any illusion indistinguishable from reality is reality.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Aubrey De Grey PhD Cambridge was once thought a heretic.

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#475 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

A useful trick on philosophy is multiple perspectives.
Since I have reason to think anything humanly thinkable can be programmed into a thinking machine, multiple perspectives must also be programmable into machines.

Once we have done some, they will no doubt be multiplied.

If reasoning (mathematics) is related to reality (the sum of events and laws of the unverse/multiverse +other bigger verses),

then no machine (I can conceive) could ever comprehend the universe+ by reasoning.

Einstein said science was wildly speculative.

Posted Image

4 useful skills in Philosophy I steer by, BTW

1. Reductionism.

2. Imagination.

3. Memory.

4. Reasoning.

What r urs?

Posted Image

This is possibly the most famous cartoon ever: but it can be reduced to components by computing and similar ones, equally funny, built in one second now.

Posted Image

Both cryonics and Quantum archaeology have achieved proof of concept by revivals and resurrections in the lab. So although they are arguments to the future - banned in philosophy - they are both valid.

It is false to see Cryonics
and QuantumArchaeology
as competitors, because our aim is survival, not meme continuance, work or money.

WE have to be clear rigorous and objective about emerging science ideas.

Posted Image
Vs.

Posted Image

;

vs.

Posted Image

Because the resultant is synthesis.

I post here because the cryonics community is ruthlessly honest and will examine QA

- however terrifying it first seems.

If it;s correct, then the cryonics organisations will simply convert to it and continue.
i am also sure that it will being more not less suspendees.

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#476 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Everything is describable in data.

Including dead men.

Microrobots are prtotyping .

miniaturisation is increasing.

Computing is soaring on More Law.

It must be that we will raise the dead.

1st best is not to die 9you can have a say in unfolding history)

2nd best is Cryonics suspension (it is next safest.

but 3rd best is Quantum Archaeology...an argument that resurrection is scientifically possible, (it;s inevitable)

I cant answer your question about limits Platypus. i dont think they're logically discussable, that;s my best shot.

Things thought impossible are being done 10 years later.

Posted Image

Then 5 yeras later, then 1 year 1 second etc is coming according to non-intuitive trending

we're on exponential growth:

.Posted Image

#477 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

You can almost calculate the numbers of electrons i the universe

All a matter of perspective:

Radio bursts could lead to breakthrough

Yahoo!7 News-1 hour ago
The discovery, published in the Journal Science, was made by University of Manchester and CSIRO PhD student Dan Thornton, using data ..

Radio waves from billions of light years away offer scientists the tantalising prospect of being closer to calculating the number of electrons in the universe.

Posted Image

the electron cloud jusy calls for different measurement on top of probability.which is a general aggregate measurement technique.

although the quantum world looks mad, it is reasonable to expect it will fall to measurement and denoument of the laws like science always has.

T

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#478 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Yes another Quantum Theory

Breaking:

Scientific American I just bought.
http://blogs.scienti...ime-guest-post/

Scientists Theorize The Universe Doesn't Exist ...

Posted Image
In this one the universe doesn't exist.

Will no other scientist than Nobel Prize Winner Gerard 'fHooft declare the whole place is cause and effect?

Cause and Effect is a NECESSARY condition of law.

QT is a mass hysteria:

Galileo:

Description THEN Explanation.

artcile
"Next month will be the 100th anniversary of Bohr’s model of the atom, one of the foundations of the theory of quantum mechanics. And look where we are now: we still don’t know what the darned theory really means. One of the most radical interpretations (which is saying something) has got to be the so-called Transactional Interpretation, whereby particles send a type of signal backward in time. This past fall, University of Maryland philosopher Ruth Kastner published a book that tries to make sense of it. I’ve invited her to guide us through it.
In the June issue of Scientific American, physicist and writer Hans Christian von Baeyer describes the current state of “deep confusion about the meaning of quantum theory” and discusses one proposal—a denial that the theory describes anything objectively real—for rendering some of the quantum perplexities “less troubling.” Von Baeyer also lists several other possible interpretations, but leaves out what I think is the most promising approach." SA

Posted Image

OF COURSE the universe doesn't exist!

Why did no one at Longecity think of this before?
The superb human mind created everything in its own image.

I thought A.I. workers were several degrees madder than lunatics, but physicists are way past us.

I hope this to be my last post.
:|o I can get into the loo @ work on my tablet only so often...

Good luck with your belief that the future wont do better archaeology.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Benn Gunn treasure Island the Universe is made of cheeses:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Relief representing Anaximander (Roma, Museo Nazionale Romano). Probably Roman copy of an earlier Greek original. This is the only existing image of Anaximander from the ancient world.

his map of the world:

Posted Image

Man Arrested for Attempting to Split the Atom in his Kitchen

Posted Image

the solution:

BAN SCIENTISTS FROM DOING PHILOSOPHY!

Posted Image

I hope I've replied to the Quantum Theory objection to Quantum Archaeology?

Yours sincerely

Innocent
:ph34r:

Edited by Innocent, 04 July 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#479 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

What is the evolutionary purpose/utility of consciousness if everything has been predetermined at the Big Bang or even before it (no free will)?

#480 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

What is the evolutionary purpose/utility of consciousness if everything has been predetermined at the Big Bang or even before it (no free will)?

Care to define consciousness.

Then in engineering terms?

This is conscious

a bimetal strip is conscious when you describe it in subjective terms..

Posted Image

so is a venus flytrap.

Posted Image

but you see their causality which is not so complex.

billions of evolutions up, the human brain is not so clearly causal...yet we know it must indeed be, and all our investigative science on the brain assumes that.

After that define purpose. ...

FYI

1. What I do is take the Concise Oxford English Dictionary definition.

2. Important you dont muddle subjective terms like choose, freedom, purpose with objective ones like caused inevitable, 'results in', because they are different models of looking at the world.

Fine to hold concurrent perspectives of course but not to mix them in a sentence, or you are asking why is X -> Y! which is an error..

Posted Image

Suggest you start on the universe before moving to multiveres in M Theory (much maths)

and also determinism works for the whole place.

This does not mean we cant use probability which is part of causality but for different scales

And never hypothesise in advance of all the facts.

That is the mistake quantum theorists make and why they look preposterous.

It is from Sherlock Ho,mes but AC Doyle took it from Dr Joseph Bell who invented forensic science (his mentor) who took it from Galileo's first maxim.

sherlock holmesPosted Image

Arthur Conan Doyle

Posted Image

Einstein
Posted Image

Man obviously smoked pipes to keep fire

Posted Image

Those who did lived and those who didn't perished.

It must be heavily in our genes to smoke, and I suspect it isn't about just fire keeping, but has other uses, the fascination of glowing embers and smoke induced hypnogogia making men and women day dream becauise it wouldn't let you fall asleep our you'd be burned.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome to Bonds of London

So my advice is to get a churchwarden's pipe from Bond's...very long stem that wont burn your beard.

Max Planck was church warden but I suspect his pipe went out.

If you believe that smoking kills everyone and we're all identical genetically,

you might try a bubble pipe:

Mice dont smoke. They think most things are mystical like quantum theory and

cant see cause and effect as much as rats.
Who cant see cause & effect as much as dogs,
who cant see cause & effect as much as monkies
who cant see cause & effect as much as quantum theorists
who cant see cause & effect as much as determinists.
Lust for life: Breaking the 120-year barrier in human aging

great article on anti-aging from io9

Forget the subjective. That's why peer review is indispensible.

Quantum world yes.
Quantum theory very silly.

" We shall see whose instinctive view of science proves right" Einstein on the quantum theory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users