Photo
- - - - -

Hepatitis C

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

One of my relatives has Hepatitis C and I am not sure he is receiving the best treatment available. I have yet to discuss his current regimen but would really appreciate your insight into what would be helpful and beneficial. The doctors have told him he as 4 years to live. I would very much like to extend that much longer. What can be done? Supplements, exercise, etc. Anything and everything helpful, please.

Thank you,

-John

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:09 AM

One of my relatives has Hepatitis C and I am not sure he is receiving the best treatment available. I have yet to discuss his current regimen but would really appreciate your insight into what would be helpful and beneficial. The doctors have told him he as 4 years to live. I would very much like to extend that much longer. What can be done? Supplements, exercise, etc. Anything and everything helpful, please.

Thank you,

-John

His doctors statement is a concern, please get a copy of his blood tests going back for at least 1 year if you can. Also what is his status of the following: Fibrosis, cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma.

Normally the following is the protocol I recommend for patients:

Drugs: Ribavirin, pegylated interferon-alpha, and Procit as needed (depending on overall health status).

Liver Protectors: SAMe 800 mg (Jarrow or Nature‘s Made), Silibinin 1,064 mg (LEF), Lipostabil (PPC) 3,600 mg (LEF), Lipoic acid 300-600 mg, N-Acetyl-Cysteine 500-600 mg, Green Tea 4-6 caps (AOR).

Antiviral: Lactoferrin 7.2 Grams, Stronger Neo-minophagen [Glycyrrhizin] 720 mg (Jarrow),

Also he should consider: Ultraviolet Irradiation of his blood if he shows no response to the above after 1-2 months, depending on his stage.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users