- - - - -

memantine reviews

memantine nmda antagonis tolerance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dasikins

• 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have read all the scholarly articles and clinical studies regarding memantine and nmda antagonist. I personally don't believe there is enough knowledge to make a full on deduction regarding the effects.

I am very interested in hearing from those that have tried it whether it was for depression, add, tolerance, ect.
Why did you try it and what did it help with?

#2 dasikins

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

nothing? Really? I read so much about the theory behind it here has no one really tried it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

It was good for ADD/ADHD and combined nicely with stims while i was perscribed them. Particularly though they have their own anti-add effect by themselves. I found it mind sharpening to a degree and antidepressant,. Myself and others can attest to taking it for longer periods and having good results with it. I can't comment much further than that other than to say I don't think it's for me because i have insomnia and it lasts a long time and doesn't help with insomnia. Also it has a pharmacological profile that I'm not absolutely fond of. IE yes it's an NMDA antagonist but if I'm not mistaken it's an agonist at some serotonin receptor sites. I started getting worsened anxiety and ocd, bordering on somewhat psychotic symptoms, after a long while but this could just be a result of all the other stuff that I was on at the time which was a long time ago so I dont have a clear recollection. A bit of muscle cramping too. Mind you I had a cheap memantine whose quality may or may not have been compromised. I am sure some others on the board will vouch for this saying that they didn't get these side effects. I'd say keep a low dose since it's half life is like 50 hours.

Edited by protoject, 09 February 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#4 dasikins

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for response! I don't need it now, but always good to have alternatives. Thanks again for your help!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 MrAnderson85

• 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

There are some pretty extensive threads about memantine experiences on this forum. That might be a good place to start. I just started taking memantine and this site helped me a lot as far as what to expect. Hope that helps!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memantine, nmda antagonis, tolerance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users