• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Any charities on ebay that support the eternal youth/indefinite lifespan goal? Maybe something close or run by...

charity ebay ebay giving selling stuff on ebay

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

run by someone at SENS or similar?

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

LongeCity has an ebay page but we rarely use it.
http://www.longecity.org/forum/page/index.html/_/articles/longecity/longecitystore

why do you ask?

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'm selling a bunch of stuff on ebay and I'm looking for a way to contribute. Ebay allows you to donate a certain percentage of your sales to charities, but I couldn't find anything that has anything to do with immortality goals. I have my own account. Though the idea that LC has there own is pretty cool. If there is an actual immortality charity that I could donate to, it would be pretty cool.

Though the idea of having an ebay site is pretty cool, now we just need something to sell.

#4 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for alerting us to the 'missionfish' option - We have begun the process of registering, if you could you hold of your selling activities for a few days you (and others) should hopefully soon be able to select LongeCity as beneficiary.

#5 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

No problem, I've been buying/fixing and selling laptops/electronics/computer stuff on the side. I'll be selling parts and stuff on an ongoing and more frequent basis. You won't miss much this week and I'll update all of my old/unsold listings if possible. My last on site donation came from stuff I sold, so I can do that too. Let me know. Is there a way to advertise those items which benefit LC here on the forum?

#6 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

What category are you going to be listed in? I'm not familiar with missionfish, it looks like it's the other end of things. Ebay calls it "Giving Working" when you're listing stuff.

News?

#7 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

So when I search for LC in Turbo Lister, I see that there are three different LC's:

1. Civic and Public Benefit
2. Education
3. Health and Sports

Can you describe each of these? Will money be spent differently depending on which I select? Which one will have what impact? Or are the multiple listings for penetration of all applicable categories?

Lots of stuff to list. Has anyone else listed anything yet or am I the first?

#8 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

FYI, having some problems with ebay giving works through turbo lister, going to have to make a phone call to ebay to get it worked out... I click to add, select LC and it brings up a popup to sign a thing on their website, and nothing happens from there... Not just LC either, it's all of them, so it's got to be a turbo lister problem.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 04 June 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#9 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

I've given up on selecting a charity through turbo lister... it just doesn't look like it's going to work. Had to go in and do it manually for each listing. Currently have $1300 worth of stuff listed with between 10-25% being donated to LC. Right now it's mostly a collection of beer steins related german collectibles including numbered and signed pieces dating back to 1776 and some pre metrication stuff that could be older. I'll be listing a bunch of computer stuff shortly as well, just need to get it organized.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charity, ebay, ebay giving, selling stuff on ebay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users